Growing with Gaia Green - Shaded's Method

• Thread starter Shaded_One
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Buzzy12

Buzzy12

Supporter
Excellent information provided here! A buddy of mine mentioned Gaia Green products to me recently, never heard of or seen their products before he did. I'm seriously considering doing a comparison against the Advanced Nutrients organic line. I'm curious how much cheaper the Gaia Green products would be and if they would produce similar results. I'l have to do some cost analysis per app for what I could purchase the products for. Do you have any cost analysis per app for your grows with these products @Shaded_One ? It can't be all that expensive to use their line of products. And I'm using Mykos for the first time this grow and loving it! One of the best bang for your buck products on the market IMO.

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

Excellent information provided here! A buddy of mine mentioned Gaia Green products to me recently, never heard of or seen their products before he did. I'm seriously considering doing a comparison against the Advanced Nutrients organic line. I'm curious how much cheaper the Gaia Green products would be and if they would produce similar results. I'l have to do some cost analysis per app for what I could purchase the products for. Do you have any cost analysis per app for your grows with these products @Shaded_One ? It can't be all that expensive to use their line of products. And I'm using Mykos for the first time this grow and loving it! One of the best bang for your buck products on the market IMO.

Honestly I haven't done a deep dive into the costs as quite simply I was used to spending ~400 a month on dispensary bud so all I know is that my "hobby" gets nowhere close to that :p Buuuuuut if you had to break it down you could. I just bought the 10kg bags a few months ago and have barely made a dent in them I'm sure they will last me at least a year.

For one plant going from nursery -> 1 gallon -> 5 gallon I approximately use:

First 4 weeks - 3 tablespoons macro 6 tablespoons micro
Every 4 weeks after that - 16 tablespoons macro 6-12 tablespoons micro

Maybe 4 cups of dry amendments in total per plant growth cycle? There was a learning curve for sure when I started with the GG but hopefully this can be a good starting point for others that are interested in trying it out.

Blastfact

Blastfact

I didn't even know Advanced Nutrients had a organic line, so I went and looked at it. Looks like it's more of there bottle madness, expensive with no analysis/statement of the NPK ratios. Just propaganda. If I missed it I apologize. And I would be grateful if somebody can point me to it. What Gaia Green, Earth Dust and Down to Earth bring to the table is simplicity. I also use Diatomaceous Earth, Recharge, Epson Salt. And this next grow I will use elements of a Extreme Gardening sampler pack. Cost all of $8 or $9 bucks shipped to the house. That includes Mykos, MykosWP ( which I will mix in with my Recharge ) two Root Packs a compost tea, Azos and CalCarb foliar spray mix. And I also use a Silica and Epson Salt foliar spray. Cost while a concern isn't a big deal here. I just got a 10kg bag of universal and bloom GG and I'm sure that will last me at least a year or better running a 2 x 4 and 3 x 3 tent. Those two bags of GG was like $120 shipped to the house. I could have driven to Tulsa round trip 80 miles and got it for $80 OTD but screw that. Did that drive 5 days a week for 30 years,,, nope. So all in with everything my nutrients if I buy nothing else for 4th quarter 2022 and all of 2023 will be around $240 max and I'm inflating that pretty high. Nothing compared to the near complete Nectar of the Gods System I gave to a neighbor and other bottle madness insane systems I have went through in the last two years...

Buzzy12

Buzzy12

Supporter
Looking into Advanced Nutrients products online to find analysis of the products isn't easy for whatever reason. Every bottle has an analysis on it. I found this video from 5 years ago, but they're even missing two of the products in the line in this video, Grandma Enggy's F-1 and Nirvana.

They've been the #1 nutrient brand for Cannabis for a long time and one of the first companies to sell their products specifically made for Cannabis plants. Their products do work, but if they don't do a better job of selling their products then they will continue to lose market share. They do provide plenty of information on their website, but no simple analysis of the products.

As I continue to take this hobby more seriously I'm looking at all options to get the best quality product for the most reasonable price. I like the fact that it looks like just about all of Gaia Green's products are CDFA registered like Advanced Nutrients OG Organics line is. I might be giving their products a try at some point in time over the course of the next year.

Lockebox

Lockebox

Just ordered me a couple 2kg buckets of power Bloom and all purpose online. My 1lb jars were in English and Spanish, these seem to be in English and French. Perhaps performance will be better.. 😂

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Looking into Advanced Nutrients products online to find analysis of the products isn't easy for whatever reason. Every bottle has an analysis on it. I found this video from 5 years ago, but they're even missing two of the products in the line in this video, Grandma Enggy's F-1 and Nirvana.

They've been the #1 nutrient brand for Cannabis for a long time and one of the first companies to sell their products specifically made for Cannabis plants. Their products do work, but if they don't do a better job of selling their products then they will continue to lose market share. They do provide plenty of information on their website, but no simple analysis of the products.

As I continue to take this hobby more seriously I'm looking at all options to get the best quality product for the most reasonable price. I like the fact that it looks like just about all of Gaia Green's products are CDFA registered like Advanced Nutrients OG Organics line is. I might be giving their products a try at some point in time over the course of the next year.

I used the Advanced Nutrients PH Perfect my 1st grow just months ago. Added some B-52, Overdrive, and Big Bud. I stopped mid flower and switched to MasterBlend dry nutes. I wouldn't recommend AN to my worst enemy but that is just me. I am sure they work for some but for me with just 1 grow I realized I don't' want to be a part of a racket like that. How the heck you have 15+ different nutrient bottles? I would put Bill Farthings "The Recipe" up against the entire AN line and it is comprised of just 3 things. I didn't enjoy playing chemist with the nutes and felt nickled and dimed that there was just product after product that may or may not have been responsible for why things were or were not better. The B-52/Big Bud/ and Overdrive I only bought because someone locally was selling all 3 for like 15-20$ total. I have never used GG products but I honestly don't put them even in the same category at all. I feel GG is too legit to quit and think AN is bunk af but hey maybe it was me and the issues I had with the PH Perfect line. It made it so I couldn't adjust PH if wanted to and the PH I was getting wasn't good and with no way to adjust it was a nightmare. I know the essence of the PH perfect line was to not have to adjust PH but that was only good until PH was becoming out of whack. I would highly doubt many of you don't know Matt from Mr. Canucks Grow but he only uses GG and has for like 100s of documented grows and every single one of em is there to see. Proof is VERY in the pudding that GG pawns most things out there if follow this kat -> HERE

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

Doing a trail run of some GG Soluble Seaweed Extract on the last 4 weeks of the bloom phase for this run of Romulan that I'm currently doing. I've read/heard good things so I guess we shall see if it's worth adding to the rotation 🧙‍♂️

I'll also be making the switch from Rock Dust over to Azomite in the next few days as well once my bucket gets used up. I've got a 40lb bag coming in that I'm sure will last me a decade of growing!

bigbagofbuds

bigbagofbuds

View attachment 1308368

Doing a trail run of some GG Soluble Seaweed Extract on the last 4 weeks of the bloom phase for this run of Romulan that I'm currently doing. I've read/heard good things so I guess we shall see if it's worth adding to the rotation 🧙‍♂️

I'll also be making the switch from Rock Dust over to Azomite in the next few days as well once my bucket gets used up. I've got a 40lb bag coming in that I'm sure will last me a decade of growing!
Edit: I see you mentioned last weeks of bloom, are you worried about foxtails from all the hormones?

Are you planning to top dress or foliar spray? I've read good things about adding a bit of humic acids to synergize with the seaweed but I'm not sure if that's only for foliar feeding.

I found this article on bio stimulants which referenced a study for peanuts which had interesting results.

Look at the 3 bars on the left, the first is humic acids alone, the second is sea weed extract alone, the third is both combined.

"For instance, groundnut sprayed at biweekly intervals with HA or SWE increased plant height and branching by 34.5 and 33% (for HA) and 17.2 and 60.0% (for SWE), respectively, in comparison to the untreated control treatment, whereas the applications of both PBs together (SWE:HA) exhibited a synergistic interaction with higher increase (65.0 and 100%, respectively) compared to the sum of the independent biostimulant effects (Figure 1; Prakash et al., 2014)."

Neueregel

Neueregel

View attachment 1308368

Sounds good. Hope it works for you. Keep us posted. I'm also using azomite.

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

Edit: I see you mentioned last weeks of bloom, are you worried about foxtails from all the hormones?

Are you planning to top dress or foliar spray? I've read good things about adding a bit of humic acids to synergize with the seaweed but I'm not sure if that's only for foliar feeding.

I found this article on bio stimulants which referenced a study for peanuts which had interesting results.

View attachment 1308374
Look at the 3 bars on the left, the first is humic acids alone, the second is sea weed extract alone, the third is both combined.

"For instance, groundnut sprayed at biweekly intervals with HA or SWE increased plant height and branching by 34.5 and 33% (for HA) and 17.2 and 60.0% (for SWE), respectively, in comparison to the untreated control treatment, whereas the applications of both PBs together (SWE:HA) exhibited a synergistic interaction with higher increase (65.0 and 100%, respectively) compared to the sum of the independent biostimulant effects (Figure 1; Prakash et al., 2014)."

That's really cool! No I hadn't even thought about it tbh. I'm using a relatively small amount ~1-2 tablespoons as a top dress and I will give them another dose in about two weeks. I'm really tempted to foliar spray but I'm not a foliar spray guy 😂

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

i been using gaia green on my grow i like it so far alot better then what i was using before , im only using all purpose and bloom tho i hope im not fcking up lol i been following mr canuks feeding schedule

Top Bottom