Growing with Gaia Green - Shaded's Method

• Thread starter Shaded_One
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Shaded_One

Shaded_One

Bro USE DUCTING TAPE to cover lights. Every other tape, including black electrical tape, can bleed light. Shiny aluminum ducting tape, thats what i use to cover the mthfkn lights that every appliance seems to have. Everyone reading this, do a light pollution check on your grow during lights out...do it for your childeren and those after them.

I took some electrical tape and just covered the entire outlet. Jabbed the prongs through the tape and everything has been good 🤙🏼

46C25170 355D 4A2C AC7A 606560DBB977
A33A711D A341 4260 B9C9 6D3DE61D6B33

GrowDuGas

GrowDuGas

My adders to Gaia Green are DE for help with pest control and long term silica media building because I will be reusing my soil and coco. Recharge for microbs. Power SI in plants vegging at hald dose, SI Bloom for plants in flower at half dose. Epson Salt in foliar spray or mixed into water during normal watering. Even throw in a half dose of Calmag here and there. DE gets mixed into my soil or coco when I set up a pot and mix it in with my Gaia Green to start the cook. With DE being added in my Gaia Green feedings. The other stuff is rotated in use as I water. I do keep molasses around and use it as a bump/treat for the plants. Kind of like treats for my dog and the wifes cats.
Hey thanks for the reply!
What is power SI Bloom SI? And are growing autos? How much DE should I add?

U

Uktuk

Sprout phase, ~1 week: NO nutrients are being added to the growing medium. Earth worm castings & cotyledons provide more than enough nutrition for the first 2 weeks of a seeds life
-transplant to 1gallon-
Early veg phase, 4 weeks: amend 3tbsp of 100% All Purpose 4-4-4 per gallon of medium eg. 3tbsp of 4-4-4 for a 1gallon container
Late veg phase if needed, 4 weeks: top dress 3tbsp of 100% All Purpose 4-4-4 per gallon of medium eg. 3tbsp of 4-4-4 for a 1 gallon container
-transplant to 5gallon-
Early flower phase, 1 week before flipping lights: amend 3tbsp of 50% All Purpose 4-4-4 and 50% Power Bloom 2-8-4 per gallon of medium eg. 8tbsp of 4-4-4 and 8tbsp of 2-8-4 for a 5gallon container
Mid flower phase, week 3 or 4 of flower: top dress 3tbsp of 25% All Purpose 4-4-4 and 75% Power Bloom 2-8-4 per gallon of medium eg. 4tbsp of 4-4-4 and 12tbsp of 2-8-4 for a 5gallon container
Late flower phase, sativa plants: if you have a sativa plant chances are they may need an additional weeks of growing time so you could do a light top dress 2tbsp of 100% Power Bloom 2-8-4 per gallon of medium eg. 10tbsp of 100% Power Bloom 2-8-4 for a 5gallon container
-harvest-

This is the basic feed schedule and this is a FULL STRENGTH feeding regiment meaning you are pushing your plant pretty hard. Certain strains and different growing environments may mean that you might only need to use 2/3 of what I have here for amounts. I recommend starting off with 2/3 of what is listed and increasing to full amounts if you're certain that your plants can handle it.

Sorry for the dumb question but i'm struggling a bit with understanding the weekly breakdown of feeding. When it says "Early veg phase, 4 weeks" does this mean you are feeding at week 4? or that the feeding lasts for 4 weeks. I'm going to assume the latter, so would it kind of look like:

week 1: no feed
week 2: Early veg phase
week 3: no feed
week 4: no feed
week 5: early flower phase, 1 week before flipping lights
week 6: flip lights
etc

GreenGalaxyFarm

GreenGalaxyFarm

Sorry for the dumb question but i'm struggling a bit with understanding the weekly breakdown of feeding. When it says "Early veg phase, 4 weeks" does this mean you are feeding at week 4? or that the feeding lasts for 4 weeks. I'm going to assume the latter, so would it kind of look like:

week 1: no feed
week 2: Early veg phase
week 3: no feed
week 4: no feed
week 5: early flower phase, 1 week before flipping lights
week 6: flip lights
etc
which products are you using

kevinfever

kevinfever

Honestly not exactly sure scientifically, all I know is it will buffer your soil in the range we want it. I think it tries to keep things close to 7ish ph, so it will bring high ph water down and low ph water up.
Maybe shaded knows how's and why's?
lime contains calcium carbonate and magnesium carbonate. When lime is added to soil, these compounds work to increase the soil's pH, making soil less acidic and more alkaline.

SSgrower

SSgrower

I just purchase whatever my Hydro store carries. These are the ones they have:

View attachment 1261723

The thing with organics is that the microbes in the soil break down the nutrients into a form that the plants can uptake which is vastly different from how synthetics work. With organics you are essentially feeding your soil and your soil feeds your plant. This is why Earth Worm Castings and Mycorrhizae are soooooo important to get vigorous healthy growth with organics!

The worm castings kick start the microbial life and start the "engine" of your soil. The Mycorrhizae evolve and expand your rhizosphere within the soil itself by creating a "web like structure" that helps increase nutrient uptake to the plant. What this does is create an extremely active & healthy inclusive soil system to break down and utilize the nutrients in the fastest and most efficient way possible. You feed your soil, your soil feeds the microbes, the microbes feed the rhizosphere and the roots uptake to the plant.
This explanation is one of the best I've read, thank's for the prose. SS

Guiltydwight

Guiltydwight

Hello and welcome to my "Growing with Gaia Green" guide! Figured I would just make a post that can be referenced instead of constantly writing this out in DM's or threads. Gaia Green products are 100% organic dry amendments for cannabis use. They are a Canadian based company but they also sell their product in the USA as well. They have a lot of products to offer and you may find a specific use for some of them due to your variables but I am just going to focus on what I personally use in my stack.

View attachment 1261673View attachment 1261674View attachment 1261675View attachment 1261678View attachment 1261681

Sprout phase, ~1 week: NO nutrients are being added to the growing medium. Earth worm castings & cotyledons provide more than enough nutrition for the first 2 weeks of a seeds life
-transplant to 1gallon-
Early veg phase, 4 weeks: amend 3tbsp of 100% All Purpose 4-4-4 per gallon of medium eg. 3tbsp of 4-4-4 for a 1gallon container
Late veg phase if needed, 4 weeks: top dress 3tbsp of 100% All Purpose 4-4-4 per gallon of medium eg. 3tbsp of 4-4-4 for a 1 gallon container
-transplant to 5gallon-
Early flower phase, 1 week before flipping lights: amend 3tbsp of 50% All Purpose 4-4-4 and 50% Power Bloom 2-8-4 per gallon of medium eg. 8tbsp of 4-4-4 and 8tbsp of 2-8-4 for a 5gallon container
Mid flower phase, week 3 or 4 of flower: top dress 3tbsp of 25% All Purpose 4-4-4 and 75% Power Bloom 2-8-4 per gallon of medium eg. 4tbsp of 4-4-4 and 12tbsp of 2-8-4 for a 5gallon container
Late flower phase, sativa plants: if you have a sativa plant chances are they may need an additional weeks of growing time so you could do a light top dress 2tbsp of 100% Power Bloom 2-8-4 per gallon of medium eg. 10tbsp of 100% Power Bloom 2-8-4 for a 5gallon container
-harvest-

This is the basic feed schedule and this is a FULL STRENGTH feeding regiment meaning you are pushing your plant pretty hard. Certain strains and different growing environments may mean that you might only need to use 2/3 of what I have here for amounts. I recommend starting off with 2/3 of what is listed and increasing to full amounts if you're certain that your plants can handle it.

Additional supplements that I use are:

Mycorrhizae
I generously dust the root ball EVERY time I transplant and I also add a couple scoops into my soil mix any time I amend some soil to be going into a new container. Do not underestimate your rhizosphere

Epsom Salts - Magnesium Sulfate
LEDs increase the demand for Mg and this helps cover that demand. Overall plant health and nutrient uptake seems to improve when adding 1tbsp of Epsom Salt every 2 weeks

Gypsum - Calcium Sulfate
Decreases soil salinity and improves soil structure while also providing Calcium and Sulfate. 1tbsp of Gypsum every 2 weeks

Rock Dust Blend - micronutrients and humic acid
Used primarily to supplement micronutrients that may be lacking. Overall plant health and lushness improved since I started adding 2tbsp every 2 weeks

Pretty much once you get started you are either amending or top dressing in 4 week blocks, adding supplemental nutrients every 2 weeks, and then you just water your plants. Good luck and happy growing!
Just wanted to thank you for your great explanation and sharing your schedule after I read it I started following it and my plants are looking real great .
20230114 183448
20230114 183454

Blastfact

Blastfact

Hey thanks for the reply!
What is power SI Bloom SI? And are growing autos? How much DE should I add?
Sorry for the tardy reply. Just google Power SI and SI Bloom. There quick acting silica. No auto's right now. Next grow one tent will get a couple of auto's. Nothing changes for me concerning a auto grow except light timing. I use a heaping cup for a 5 gal. pot, one and a half heaping cup for a 7 gal pot and scale up for larger pots. Add DE every 3 to 5 weeks when I feed Gaia Green.

Buzzy12

Buzzy12

Supporter
Just google Power SI and SI Bloom. There quick acting silica
A product I came across yesterday seems to be a good alternative to the Power Si and the Si Bloom for less money. They're both very expensive products. Has anybody ever heard of or used Alchemist Stout MSA? 1 quart is about $30, 1 gal is $75

GrowDuGas

GrowDuGas

Sorry for the tardy reply. Just google Power SI and SI Bloom. There quick acting silica. No auto's right now. Next grow one tent will get a couple of auto's. Nothing changes for me concerning a auto grow except light timing. I use a heaping cup for a 5 gal. pot, one and a half heaping cup for a 7 gal pot and scale up for larger pots. Add DE every 3 to 5 weeks when I feed Gaia Green.
Why do people say don’t add silica in bloom? Do you know the reasoning?

Your replies actually help me a lot, I find them very informative! Thank you 🙏

Latest posts

Top Bottom