Growing with Gaia Green - Shaded's Method

• Thread starter Shaded_One
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

PahPahCee

I try to get everything locally as much as i can.
I get the 4.4 lb buckets of gaia green locally for 16.99 which in my opinion, isnt shit for how long it lasts.
That’s a good price. That similar to what I pay for dr earth. I think I got a few bags last time on sale for $11 for 4lbs.

I have a local hydro store that sells down to earth for nearly at cost. That’s where I get my neem seed meal. I cannot find a local source which makes sense since neem is from overseas. I believe it was $65 for 40lbs.

Manure is another thing that people should look around for local sources. People that have horses will thank you for taking the horse shit. They don’t want it and they always have too much of it.

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

Get whatever’s local and avoid massive shipping fees. I’m in the states and Gaia isn’t as common. Dr earth is sold everywhere and they carry a 4-4-4 and a bloom mix. Local grow shops should carry a bunch of different myco brands.

Also gypsum and dolomite lime should cost $10 or less for a 40# bag. Home Depot will carry or ship to store the garden gypsum. Feed stores should have the lime.

Yep this guide will work with any dry amendment that has the same nutrient profiles (444, 284) 🤙

I am not sponsored or endorsed by any brand so I have nothing to gain by promoting GG :)

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

Okay Mister, today is the day! Fim lollypop and scrog table has commenced. Pop ya some pics this eve or tomorrow 🙂 How far out are ya?

Oh yeah exciting times! Sounds good CG. My 5x5 AC nets are arriving on Monday so I will most likely just do some final topping this weekend and then once the table is set I will have a better idea of how much more veg time is needed. I'm thinking we are not too far off from 12/12 on these gals 🧙‍♂️

simonkay

simonkay

Yes exactly. I strongly recommend locally sourcing as much as you can. I feel like so many people think they need a specific brand or product to grow cannabis. Once they have their first harvest they get too excited to realize they spent an arm and a leg to accomplish this.
Exactly ive done this before buying into marketing. However in some cases i can say certain products have a reputation for a reason.so always pays to research

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

I swear they are bigger than they look 😂🧙🏻‍♂️

371D1648 C931 49EB A604 3FB7AE082064

J

JBMH

Hello and welcome to my "Growing with Gaia Green" guide! Figured I would just make a post that can be referenced instead of constantly writing this out in DM's or threads. Gaia Green products are 100% organic dry amendments for cannabis use. They are a Canadian based company but they also sell their product in the USA as well. They have a lot of products to offer and you may find a specific use for some of them due to your variables but I am just going to focus on what I personally use in my stack.

View attachment 1261673View attachment 1261674View attachment 1261675View attachment 1261678View attachment 1261681

Sprout phase, ~1 week: NO nutrients are being added to the growing medium. Earth worm castings & cotyledons provide more than enough nutrition for the first 2 weeks of a seeds life
-transplant to 1gallon-
Early veg phase, 4 weeks: amend 3tbsp of 100% All Purpose 4-4-4 per gallon of medium eg. 3tbsp of 4-4-4 for a 1gallon container
Late veg phase if needed, 4 weeks: top dress 3tbsp of 100% All Purpose 4-4-4 per gallon of medium eg. 3tbsp of 4-4-4 for a 1 gallon container
-transplant to 5gallon-
Early flower phase, 1 week before flipping lights: amend 3tbsp of 50% All Purpose 4-4-4 and 50% Power Bloom 2-8-4 per gallon of medium eg. 8tbsp of 4-4-4 and 8tbsp of 2-8-4 for a 5gallon container
Mid flower phase, week 3 or 4 of flower: top dress 3tbsp of 25% All Purpose 4-4-4 and 75% Power Bloom 2-8-4 per gallon of medium eg. 4tbsp of 4-4-4 and 12tbsp of 2-8-4 for a 5gallon container
Late flower phase, sativa plants: if you have a sativa plant chances are they may need an additional weeks of growing time so you could do a light top dress 2tbsp of 100% Power Bloom 2-8-4 per gallon of medium eg. 10tbsp of 100% Power Bloom 2-8-4 for a 5gallon container
-harvest-

This is the basic feed schedule and this is a FULL STRENGTH feeding regiment meaning you are pushing your plant pretty hard. Certain strains and different growing environments may mean that you might only need to use 2/3 of what I have here for amounts. I recommend starting off with 2/3 of what is listed and increasing to full amounts if you're certain that your plants can handle it.

Additional supplements that I use are:

Mycorrhizae
I generously dust the root ball EVERY time I transplant and I also add a couple scoops into my soil mix any time I amend some soil to be going into a new container. Do not underestimate your rhizosphere

Epsom Salts - Magnesium Sulfate
LEDs increase the demand for Mg and this helps cover that demand. Overall plant health and nutrient uptake seems to improve when adding 1tbsp of Epsom Salt every 2 weeks

Gypsum - Calcium Sulfate
Decreases soil salinity and improves soil structure while also providing Calcium and Sulfate. 1tbsp of Gypsum every 2 weeks

Rock Dust Blend - micronutrients and humic acid
Used primarily to supplement micronutrients that may be lacking. Overall plant health and lushness improved since I started adding 2tbsp every 2 weeks

Pretty much once you get started you are either amending or top dressing in 4 week blocks, adding supplemental nutrients every 2 weeks, and then you just water your plants. Good luck and happy growing!
Have you ever amending the soil with the Epsom salts?

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

Have you ever amending the soil with the Epsom salts?

Yep I use Epsom salts quite religiously. Mostly top dress, but gets amended to the soil when I do transplants or gets pre-mixed with a little bit of base soil when I do my 4 week blocks 🤙

I swear pics never do justice haha they look healthy as can be though!

Was considering the switch to GG from FF now more so lol

Are those the 2 Kg tubs?

Mannnn the GG veg blend is lovely. Things get a little squirrely in flower depending on the strain you are running and I'm still trying to wiz my way through that part of the recipe. I had a couple strains with green leaves right up to harvest, and others that get some severe defs using that same recipe. I guess that's part of the "dialing in" process but damn it's frustrating 🤣

simonkay

simonkay

Finally got a grow going in the 3x3. This is Baby Shark Auto. It is a local cross done with Great White x Bloody Bananas. It’s not a heavy producer but suppose to be dank and stony. The seeds were free so WTF lets give it a go. Going to be doing this grow with Ocean Forrest with Gaia Green starter kit consisting of there 4-4-4, 2-8-4 and Glacier Dust and Recharge. The pots are #5 nursery pots with a total volume of 4.50 gal. We will be using approx. 4.25 gal. of media in them. Perfect size pots for auto’s imho. Used enough Ocean Forrest to fill up the four pots then dumped them into a tub. Added one 4lb bag of earth worm castings. Then filled the earth worm castings bag up with Ocean Forrest from the tub. I then mixed in 8 tbsp. of Gaia Green 4-4-4, 6 tbsp. of Gaia Green 2-8-4 and 4 tbsp. of Gaia Green Glacier Dust. I mixed this mess up until it hurt, then mixed the soil some more. Filled the pots back up and Transplanted the week old seedlings right into there grow home pots. I then put 1 tsp of recharge in one gal of water and set the ph at 6.6. Each seedling got 100 ml watering and the rest of the gallon got divided up and ring watered the pots in to get the organic stuff going. From here on out I will top dress maybe 3 or 4 times with the Gaia Green and hit them with the Recharge every 7 to 10 days. They will get some Epson Salt here in a couple of weeks. Lights are drawing 116 watts, 79F, 75% RH, good VPD and PPFD. Just going to let them go and see what happens. The Gnomes are in, it’s a grow!

View attachment 1265076
Sorry to sound simple but what is recharge and what does it do

simonkay

simonkay

So I already have it in my DM's and your Sig but just incase anyones wondering you just mix this as ur basic soil: Basic Soil Mix: 50% ProMix BX, 25% EWC, 25% Perlite
I dont have promix but do have peat and mushroom compost. I'd like to ask, when i transfer jiffy pellets into a dixie cup (hopefully in day 5-7, just waiting for the root to stick out right?)
Will 1part mushroom comp, 1 part peat, 1 part perlite , 1/2 vermiculite, 1/2 EWC, 1/2 humus. Will this be ok for dixie cups for the first week or 2 of growth before transplanting into 1gal veg pots? And do i add any other amendments to the dixie cup whilst young?
Currently got the lights at 70-80 ppfd (5k lux) considering giving them 100 ppfd later today or tomorrow also.
IMG 20230314 111819

Novaracer69

Novaracer69

Sorry to sound simple but what is recharge and what does it do
Recharge is loaded with microbes fungal and bacteria. You should be using some type of microbes if your using dry organic fertilizer. Now you can use lads or yah whey
With this being said you don't have to buy this you can make your own.

simonkay

simonkay

Recharge is loaded with microbes fungal and bacteria. You should be using some type of microbes if your using dry organic fertilizer. Now you can use lads or yah whey
With this being said you don't have to buy this you can make your own.
I got some promix mycorrhizae, does that count?
IMG 20230314 134818

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

Hey @Shaded_One !
Ladies are lookin lovely! I’m on scrog now and flipping to 12/12 today. How far out are you?

Thanks CG! How are your gals lookin? Flipped to 12/12 yesterday :) my patience was running thin and we are at a ~2 month veg period so off to flower they go

Top dressed each 7 gallon pot with...

1 cup 444
1 cup 284
4 tbspn each of Gypsum, Epsom, and Azomite

I dont have promix but do have peat and mushroom compost. I'd like to ask, when i transfer jiffy pellets into a dixie cup (hopefully in day 5-7, just waiting for the root to stick out right?)
Will 1part mushroom comp, 1 part peat, 1 part perlite , 1/2 vermiculite, 1/2 EWC, 1/2 humus. Will this be ok for dixie cups for the first week or 2 of growth before transplanting into 1gal veg pots? And do i add any other amendments to the dixie cup whilst young?
Currently got the lights at 70-80 ppfd (5k lux) considering giving them 100 ppfd later today or tomorrow also.View attachment 1340455

I start my seedlings in just the basic promix with no amendments yet, I don't start adding amendments until the first transplant or around 2-3 weeks old. That mix sounds fine except for the peat acidity which is normally counterbalanced by lime of sorts. EWC comes with its own microbial life so Recharge isn't necessary on top of that, but it wouldn't hurt to add more (I get Myco from the BX, and add more by itself). Don't be too hard on the light right now...only increase or bring closer if you see the seedlings stretching a lot

Last edited:
CannaGranny

CannaGranny

Thanks CG! How are your gals lookin? Flipped to 12/12 yesterday :) my patience was running thin and we are at a ~2 month veg period so off to flower they go

Top dressed each 7 gallon pot with...

1 cup 444
1 cup 284
4 tbspn each of Gypsum, Epsom, and Azomite

I start my seedlings in just the basic promix with no amendments yet, I don't start adding amendments until the first transplant or around 2-3 weeks old. That mix sounds fine except for the peat acidity which is normally counterbalanced by lime of sorts. EWC comes with its own microbial life so Recharge isn't necessary on top of that, but it wouldn't hurt to add more (I get Myco from the BX, and add more by itself). Don't be too hard on the light right now...only increase or bring closer if you see the seedlings stretching a lot
Hey Slim Shadey!
My girls are rocking 😘 I held them longer than I would have liked too, due to ppl wanting a top vs fim vid. Had to wait until my daughter could video it as I needed both hands!
These ladies will get their tea and top dressing next feed day on Friday. I just flipped too, so now we are off to the races. I managed to get them under scrog, well took three of us to drop the top with just one minor feck up, so I’m happy with that. Tons of defoliation to do as soon as I’m through stretch.
By the next morning they were taking seats at the table. 🥰
You, I and @PipeCarver have all hit flower at the same time. Will be fun to watch! Now, show me da pics! 🥰

09587D59 9863 4A2C 9498 598A26294795
C4AA530F 5F44 4C89 AE16 F37F3156A277
Top Bottom