Growing With Led Lights

• Thread starter Izarah
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Izarah

Izarah

im curious. If I buy a 300 watt LED light is one enough for 1 plant in a 4x4x8 grow tent? I read that a 300 watt light is actually only 150 watts for the plant or something like that so I'm just curious if I need more then 1 per plant tent.

RoyaltyGrowz

RoyaltyGrowz

im curious. If I buy a 300 watt LED light is one enough for 1 plant in a 4x4x8 grow tent? I read that a 300 watt light is actually only 150 watts for the plant or something like that so I'm just curious if I need more then 1 per plant tent.
I think 300w led should be good for 1 plant...im using hybrid lighting 1200w led and 600 w hps for 4 plants..they love it!! Happy growing and growers love!

Snakeskins

Snakeskins

I will be doing just that experiment with multiple plants, a 300w led, and a few supplemental cfls. Going to do a scrog. They remain strictly under cfls at the moment.

I'd say my galaxyhydro 300w works for a single plant so far although she is experiencing a very slow flower period for problems or matters unrelated.

20170824 073600
20170825 154403
RoyaltyGrowz

RoyaltyGrowz

I will be doing just that experiment with multiple plants, a 300w led, and a few supplemental cfls. Going to do a scrog. They remain strictly under cfls at the moment.

I'd say my galaxyhydro 300w works for a single plant so far although she is experiencing a very slow flower period for problems or matters unrelated.
What size tent are u using?

Snakeskins

Snakeskins

Nice! Plenty of room to bloom nicely ...growers love! Hopefully after a few grows I can be great too lol
Thx :) I figure there's limitless potential there, what with the extra fixtures along the 4 corners of the tent and a few 2-way adapters. Otherwise I'd only have a 300w led that uses 140 true watts :(

Last edited:
Snakeskins

Snakeskins

Oh, and too conclude... get a COB LED panel. They're cheap for the wattage, relatively new and I've heard they use a better percentage of true wattage than hps bulbs!

CBDfutute4

CBDfutute4

I have a 300 galaxy hydro. It's enough for 1.5 x 1.5ft

I have that, a dual bulb 4" T5, 5 - 42w cfl n I need more light. Lots

I have a 4 x 2.75ft space. Check out timber wolf leds. They are somewhat pricey, especially when u compare them to eBay n amazon but nice units.

All the stuff, well 60-75% on those sites are junk. Ask me how I know?

Snakeskins

Snakeskins

My Galaxyhydro 300w update. Grow #2 / Grow #3(Scrog). Gotta love that beautiful red glow. Lovely for flowering. The shitty mature plant was half grown with only CFLs so it's an acception. Starting week 2 of the Scrog. Shoopow!!!

20170925 194104
20170925 193907
Last edited:
Brandon7861

Brandon7861

My Galaxyhydro 300w update. Grow #2 / Grow #3(Scrog). Gotta love that beautiful red glow. Lovely for flowering. The shitty mature plant was half grown with only CFLs. Shoopow!!!
I can't wait to buy me some galaxy hydros for my flower tent. Aha. Ima run two tents. 32x32x63. One for veg and one for bloom. Boom bam in out in out rotate make that Money here in nor Cal! I am absolutely IN LOVE with led grow lights. In amazed at how they work and everything aboit them. It gets 120 here at times. Hps and MH systems would be way too much heat fpr a middle of year grow for me. Led is easier to control heat. Anyways grow on love y'all

Snakeskins

Snakeskins

I can't wait to buy me some galaxy hydros for my flower tent. Aha. Ima run two tents. 32x32x63. One for veg and one for bloom. Boom bam in out in out rotate make that Money here in nor Cal! I am absolutely IN LOVE with led grow lights. In amazed at how they work and everything aboit them. It gets 120 here at times. Hps and MH systems would be way too much heat fpr a middle of year grow for me. Led is easier to control heat. Anyways grow on love y'all
I would suggest trying a cob led grow panel. They can get ultra-cheap as well. I hear that the galaxyhydro is horrible for seedlings and veg do to their high red light output. I couple mine with cfls for vegging plants then only use the galaxyhydro for flower time. But definitely look into COBs. Not the bulbs, but the panels. Grow on. GL brother

Last edited:
Brandon7861

Brandon7861

I would suggest trying a cob led grow panel. They can get ultra-cheap as well. I hear that the galaxyhydro is horrible for seedlings and veg do to their high red light output. I couple mine with cfls for vegging plants then only use the galaxyhydro for flower time. But definitely look into COBs. Not the bulbs, but the panels. Grow on. GL brother
Yea that's what I want it for. The 600 galaxy for flower. I get some cob panels too. Hear good things. Right now I have a 450 meihzi with dual switches and a 300 higrow with dual switches. I love em for veg. After 5 weeks my plants have triple and quadrupled in size! Love it. Peave out bro. Ill let ya know when the cob is purchased aha. In in love with the meihzi 900 too for some reason. They destroy in veg

Top Bottom