Growlab vs Clonelab

• Thread starter smellychronic
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

smellychronic

Looking to get Growlab's Clonelab or Homebox's Clonebox.

Does anyone have either of these?

The Clonelab looks to be of better building quality, but the Clonebox has adjustable shelves, the Clonelab does.
They are both made by the same company.

pokey

pokey

believe it or not i think homebox has better materials, longer life

B

been

I have a Clonebox and it is generic. The Clonelab doesn't look any more appealing to me. To use multiple shelves you'll need floros (low profile everything) and you're going to have to put your scrubber and fan outside the tent. There is a removable floor-covering that you can't use properly unless the bottom shelf is at least 6 inches off the floor. The shelves are reinforced around the perimeter and down the middle (short line) leaving a large portion to sag under the weight of any small container of soil. Also they the bars of said shelves are like 2" apart so you need bigger containers just for stability. It's weak!

true grit

true grit

If you don't mind not having fully reflective white, you can get a homebox clonebox seconds (production issues) at bghydro.com for cheap! I think they are like 60-70 bucks. Plan to scoop one for moms and clones....

EDIT: yep here ya go, 2x2x4 for $65.

F

FastForward

I've got an old style Clonebox and it's okay - good materials but the zips aren't great. They've since revised it and made a much bigger one though. I like mine though - very handy size and I like being able to use the worktop. I've got 2x55w fluoros in it and keep 2 mums and various cuts.

Venom818

Venom818

thanx true grit been looking for something like this

true grit

true grit

No doubt I need to get me one too...already scooped a 4.5x9 and 4.5x4.5... mine were not that far off white.

V

vc805

I MAKE MY OWN ROOMS OR BOXES WITH THAT FOAM BOARD FROM LOWES IT COMES IN 2 DIFFERENT THICKNESSES. ITS CALLED RMAX R-MATTE PLUS-3 IT COMES IN 1/2 INCH & 3/4 INCH THICK BY 4 x 8 SHEETS.THEN I MAKE MY OWN LIGHTS WITH THE PLASTIC TEMP LIGHTING BELLS THEY CONNECT TO THE WIRE ON TOP BY TWISTING THE TOP TO LOCKIN THE WIRE THEY COST $1. THEN YOU BUY THE 9X12 SHEETMETAL IN THE ROOFING DEPARTMENT OH YEAH AN SOME WIRE 12-3 SHOULD BE GO. ELEC TAPE AN WIRENUTS THATS IT. ALL COST AROUND 50 BUCKS. INCLUDES 2 FOAMSHEETS AND EVERTHING ELSE I LISTED. GOOD LUCK IF YOU TRY IT HOPE IT WORKS FOR YOU LIKE IT DID FOR ME.

B

been

http://farm4.static.invalid.com/3645/3306868622_05ca850d75.jpg
:evilgrin0021:

S

Smokin

Not a primary consideration when first considering mine... but as it turned out... biggest advantage was flexibility. Ability to expand is nice... to quickly and easily relocate can be a real-life-saver.

K

Kushtard

I got a free dresser from the thrift shop. Gutted it out and painted it white. Sealed off one door and now I got a two door clone lab. I keep a seed heat mat, two cfls, and a clone dome and seed tray insert. I use rapid rooters. Works like a charm.

Top Bottom