Growstone?

• Thread starter FileError404
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

FileError404

Since everyone is out of perlite, I'm in search of an alternative medium. Found this:

http://growstone.com/

The chart here that shows air/water retention looks perfect for my Batos/Hempys.

saleschart02.jpg

Anyone ever use it?

TX

P

pikes peak 69

I bought a bag, haven't used them yet. I think they are a good alternative to perlite and silica rocks. Won't get around to them for about a month yet either. I think they are expensive, I don't remember what I paid, but the bag was about enough for 1 5 gallon bucket and it seems it was about 20 something dollars. Expensive for recycled beer bottles. They also float in water, that's a problem I haven't figured out how to solve yet.
HTH
pp69

F

FileError404

Thanks Pikes!

Did you actually put them in a pot with water and see them float? (Perlite floats, too.) Did it seem like a potential problem?
I'll probably will buy some and try it out before ordering a palette... :D

P

pikes peak 69

I took a handful out of the bag to see it and put in a bowl of water. They floated. I guess you could put some type of heavier stones in a 1" layer on top of them. May be pea gravel or any other type of clean rocks. Then again, in a Hempy style, you water from the top and the level is down near the bottom. Having a couple of inches of water in the bottom as it wicks up I don't think would allow the rocks to float like a flood and drain system might.
HTH
pp69

Thanks Pikes!

Did you actually put them in a pot with water and see them float? (Perlite floats, too.) Did it seem like a potential problem?
I'll probably will buy some and try it out before ordering a palette... :D

M

Mmmmasonite

I tried this stuff in the blue buckets and ran H&G nutes...Had a great run with increased yields and less gnats....And they are super lightwieght...My girl can lift the bag with one arm......I love this medium!! Roots go crazy....Better air to water ratio than everything else....I am sold...Peace

Top Bottom