Gypsum Anyone?

• Thread starter Homesteader
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ecompost

Ecompost

@Homesteader @Ecompost Wow , not sure how I missed this diatribe. I am actually glad I did. I have love and respect for both you guys and would caution you both to use a little more tact in future responses to one another, or use the ignore feature so you don't hook each other into a time and energy wasting full frontal assault.:(

Please don't take this as my taking sides or defending any of the information you guys share. I always take any and all information with a grain of salt and then do the homework to back up folks info.

We can all agree to disagree peacefully. I see this was a ways back and I truly hope you are both well and have buried the hatchet............ Peace :D
i will pass on him and adding extra gypsum bro, I cant recall being too offensive, even when i read it back to myself months later. i do remember being amazed at just how wound up the dude got tho. I thik we could debate with Slow, but i am not sure the other guy really understands what he is saying

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
i will pass on him and adding extra gypsum bro, I cant recall being too offensive, even when i read it back to myself months later. i do remember being amazed at just how wound up the dude got tho. I thik we could debate with Slow, but i am not sure the other guy really understands what he is saying
Understood :)

Homesteader

Homesteader

I think you spelled Ego wrong. Yeah I know nothing about gypsum or soil. Coming from someone who not only uses unicorn castings but sells them.......thanks for the added passive aggressive digs, love it.

5lbs gypsum to 30 gallons soil mix is the upper limit but only due to the sulfur taste of smoke, absolutely zero signs of sulfur toxicity with the plant itself. At 4 lbs no taste in the smoke but 3lbs (6 cups) would be best IMO.

Last edited:
jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
I think you spelled Ego wrong. Yeah I know nothing about gypsum or soil. Coming from someone who not only uses unicorn castings but sells them.......thanks for the added passive aggressive digs, love it.

5lbs gypsum to 30 gallons soil mix is the upper limit but only due to the sulfur taste of smoke, absolutely zero signs of sulfur toxicity with the plant itself. At 4 lbs no taste in the smoke but 3lbs (6 cups) would be best IMO.
Brutha you are 1 of the more knowledgeable people I know when it comes to soil science and such. It's clear you have been farming a good part of your life. Lets all just keep an open mind and listen to others input even if it goes against what we think we already know. When we come across like you do at times it closes our mind to opportunities to learn something new.

You have to admit soil biology and the rhizosphere is fairly new in as much as there is still lots of research and testing to be done. The world beneath our feet will continue to unfold and release it's secrets if we continue to look for the answers. I hope your well man. I have no issues with you and like what you bring to the table........... Peace

Homesteader

Homesteader

@jumpincactus
When one realizes that certain highly influential and popular individuals are teaching hogwash or at least diluted hogwash, its not close minded in my opinion to reject it, and actually I believe it should be ones moral obligation to call them out on such nonsense regardless of the backlash that brings from the lemmings who are too close minded to find the truth.

Last edited:
Ecompost

Ecompost

@jumpincactus
When one realizes that certain highly influential and popular individuals are teaching hogwash or at least diluted hogwash, its not close minded in my opinion to reject it, and actually I believe it should be ones moral obligation to call them out on such nonsense regardless of the backlash that brings from the lemmings who are too close minded to find the truth.
yeah this is the ype of thing he was trying to get you to avoid. but here you go, better than everyone and highly insulting to anyone who isnt communicating your vibe. you are a ridiculous man

Homesteader

Homesteader

How is the snakeoil selling son?

What are you even talking about again? Just come hear to troll? Why not throw in a spanish video if so. Maybe some passive aggressive insults and then play the victim. I bet that is right up your alley.

Last edited:
jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Come on fellas, bury the hatchet for Chris sakes. Lets get it back to soil science and microherds.........:D

Or do I need to lock the thread?

Last edited:
Homesteader

Homesteader

I don't have any more to add about gypsum, the upper limits I've found are 3-4lbs/30 gallons of mix due to taste of smoke. I doubt many people are truly coming in craving to learn about gypsum. Conformity is the name of the game. Have fun

Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

The Cannabis Karen (I'm a Bytch)
Supporter
I want to know about Gypsum, I have a little calcium deficiency showing up and up to now have been using Cal MAg for the fix. Even in my organic pots I still rely on bottled Cal mAg. I'd love to give this Gypsum a try. I'm knee deep into flower though..so little apprehensive about using it. Go for it?

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
I want to know about Gypsum, I have a little calcium deficiency showing up and up to now have been using Cal MAg for the fix. Even in my organic pots I still rely on bottled Cal mAg. I'd love to give this Gypsum a try. I'm knee deep into flower though..so little apprehensive about using it. Go for it?
I would stick with the liquid cal mag, I start feeding epsom / gypsum about 2 weeks before flower (1tbs each per gallon of water) and it’s also amended into my soil, you’ll have quicker uptake with the liquid I believe which is what you want if you’re already observing a def

Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

Supporter
I would stick with the liquid cal mag, I start feeding epsom / gypsum about 2 weeks before flower (1tbs each per gallon of water) and it’s also amended into my soil, you’ll have quicker uptake with the liquid I believe which is what you want if you’re already observing a def
That makes a lot of sense .. thanks. 🙏

Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

Supporter
I'm circling back to Gypsum again and have gone away from Cal Mag altogether. Growing in 20 gallon pots and have gone full organic, as much as I can or understand about it anyways. I agree with what some have said here about "getting it right" from the get go when setting up your grow, and from what I can see, this old thread was aimed at or attracted a lot of farmers. Interesting. As mainly an indoor grower, not sure all that's been said here applies? But... I do have a problem pot. Easiest thing to do is to dump the soil and start all over. (with that one pot) In the middle of a grow and nearly a month from harvest, that's not gonna happen anytime soon. This is where I can see using Gypsum can help. It's more soluble than lime. And I believe from my readings, available to the plant days after adding? Another reason I decided to get away from cal mag is that my plants in general from this problem pot have only been showing calcium deficiencies. Seems like Gypsum is perfect in this scenario.

Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

Supporter
IMG 20240315 0945172

Top Bottom