H&G's Shooting Powder VS Moab?

• Thread starter kushsmoker30
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter
Hey GTD I been trying to get my nute costs as low as possible while keeping the same results. I started with shooting powder, then moved to straight moab, then Moab/HH. The hammerhead is pretty pricey so I found POTASH from dutch masters. It is a 0-4-8or9 ( the same as original HH). It also has the same application rate at 5ml per gal. I am trying a run with it right now. Any thoughts on this, since the ratios are the same shouldn't results be the same? I get a whole gal of POTASH for like $35.

Word on that cost savings bro>>hammerhead is the most costly thing that i run<<it only comes in 1 lieter bottles and really fucks me<<im getting my bottles for 27 bucks a copy and go threw it like water come flowering<<I have never tried dutch masters keep us posted on your results with that combo<<lol im still convinced AN puts something magic in hammerhead

cool thank GD i know you have ben killin it with the combo for a min i'll just go with the hammer head i was just gonna go with the canna because i'm gonna use canna coco a&B or heavy 16 for a base what base are you rockin bro? Any way thanks for the info hommie much appreciated stay frosty bro peace.

PG>>I use a customized tailored GH 3 part as my base nutrients<<i find that works best for my system and what i grow<<i like a 3 part base<<your in complete control with it imo.. ya cant go wrong with the canna the results are just less than they would be with the hammerhead<<The only product that i have found comparable to the hammerhead and made me smile is the Humboldt's Ginormous 18/16>>>such awesome results<<

be easy bro,
gtd

K

kushsmoker30

yes you can use hammerhead as a stand alone<<i do starting week 2 of flower>> then come week 5 and 6 you want to use the combo together<<depending on your flowering time. 2.5ml hammerhead per gallon along with 6 heaping tablespoons of MOAB per 100 gallon reservoir<<<

paulycali>>>you need to use the combo in conjunction with one another to achieve full bud swell.

Canna P/K is good i just like the results that hammerhead gave me>>i can see them results after week 2 when starting bud set<<big difference in the two<<hammerhead really kicks there ass in gear..

gtd

Thanks for reply gtd, do u use big bud with it or do u use HH in place of it.

Peacheater81

Peacheater81

I have used shooting powder and Moab. The shooting powder dissolves much faster in the reservior than moab. With moab I mix in a warm cup before adding. The biggest downside to the shooting powder is the cost $$ it will probably be your most expensive additive. It does put alot of extra weight onto the bud and makes the calyx burst out but i have had almost identical results with the MOAB for a MUCH cheaper cost. I have not experienced chemmy tastes with either shooting powder or moab. I run drip clean thru the whole run, dont feed at Super high ppm's, water to runoff and give the coco a 7 day flush at the end; this has given me excelent taste so far. I also reuse my coco with both additives after an extreme flush. I have used the same coco for 4 runs now with no problems. I am currently running a MOAB/ Dutch MAsters POTASH 0-4-8(or 9 i forget) combo. I will update u with the results. I chose the potash because it seems almost identical to the original hammerhead, it has the same application weight and instead of like $40 per liter the potash is like $35 per gallon. But bottom line I got similar great results with both but go with moab because its ALOT cheaper!

What is your feed schedule with the potash Moab combo? I wonder if I can just use potash at double the amount... Then it would be the same ratio as shooting powder

Dr Melrose

Dr Melrose

Any 1 use both of these if so witch is better? i know Shooting Powder can be pricey in a res, never used moab but have heard good things bout it. i'm looking for the 1 that works better. Peace
I joined just to let you know, sh pow. is the best, imo. ive used it all for 15 years. Know one told you to use half strength on your a&b nutes when using the shooting powder. its very important. Try that on 3 plants side by side.

Dr Melrose

Dr Melrose

Anyone who wants true tested no B.S. answers on anything feel free to hit me up.

Peacheater81

Peacheater81

Can anyone compare massive to sp or Moab? Just used Moab instead if sp this time. Still wet to get the wieght.

Top Bottom