Had to Let Cops into My house today, Info/help please!!

• Thread starter dgp
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
stickyicky

stickyicky

Rule number 1: Never talk with police, period. That is what lawyers are for. You can tell any supposed authority figures that you will have your attorney contact them to verify your legal status, and leave it at that. Get an attorney's business card, establish a relationship with one to have him on call for these situations. They know sooner or later you could be arrested and that will make them money.

Rule 2: Never open your door for police without a warrant. If they demand to talk to you, it is not only your right to refuse but it is your duty. That cop can go back to a prosecutor and lie about anything to procure a warrant. Ie, I smelled the odor of marijuana, I saw plants/grow equipment inside through the window, etc.. If you have to exit the house, then lock the door behind you and leave the keys inside. A broken lock is much cheaper then a trip to jail or a two year tour through the just-as-criminal system.

Rule 3: Cops lie about everything. Never believe anything a cop tells you, period. They have one goal, that is to gain enough information to have you prosecuted. Of course they want to drag anyone else into the investigation as possible and confiscate as many assets as possible for sale at auction .

Nice post monkeybone

M

muxee

Thanks for the well wishes. They didn't manage to steal anything. Their great plan was to come in and take some of my vegging plants and flower them to make buckets of money. Stupid kids! :wondering

D

dgp

Just playing the waiting game as far as child services. No news is good news so far. Do you think it is legal to smoke in a ventilated/exhausted room on the other side of the house?
Do i legally have to smoke outside since I have a child even though that would violate the "plain sight" condition of my card? Garage, but that's still connected to the house and isn't ventilated. Not even sure how to be compliant.

sky high

sky high

You can smoke in the privacy of your home....ANYWHERE.

IF the cops call child services and you are hassled you should head straight to the local newspaper...calling an attorney on the way...or better yet...call Brian Vincente/Robert Corry/one of the othet high-power MMJ lawyers who LOVE to walk up the ASS of idiot pigs like this chump and plaster their Dept's name all over the State's newspapers.

I know yer freaked...but grab ahold of yerself...YOU HAVE RIGHTS IF YOU HAVE YOUR CARD. Get that paperwork in order if you haven't already... and fire up a bowl.

good luck

M

muxee

When I mentioned that I had a minor child in the house, the officer didn't even bat an eye about it. Her only concern was that my meds were put away when the kids were home. Hope this helps you feel better. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you and send you happy thoughts

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

You can smoke in the privacy of your home....ANYWHERE.

IF the cops call child services and you are hassled you should head straight to the local newspaper...calling an attorney on the way...or better yet...call Brian Vincente/Robert Corry/one of the othet high-power MMJ lawyers who LOVE to walk up the ASS of idiot pigs like this chump and plaster their Dept's name all over the State's newspapers.

I know yer freaked...but grab ahold of yerself...YOU HAVE RIGHTS IF YOU HAVE YOUR CARD. Get that paperwork in order if you haven't already... and fire up a bowl.

good luck

DAMN STRAIGHT, SK! GREAT POST! I have a couple close friends who are cops. The ones I'm friends with are great people, and know what I'm doing, since it's all legal. But some of their co-worker cops are total assholes. I've even kicked a few out of the poker parties we throw on occasion. Most cops aren't concerned about cannabis; however, it only takes one to have a bad day to make your life miserable. Avoid contact at all costs, but if/when it happens, be polite and compliant with their orders, but KNOW YOUR RIGHTS AND DON'T LET THEM INTIMIDATE OR BULLY YOU. Sadly, they can arrest you for anything they want to make up, and you'll have to spend a shitload of time and money to prove your innocence. dgp, you should have nothing to worry about. I have 2 boys myself, and I have made absolutely sure that there is no confusion about their access to my meds. It would really suck to have to fight for your kid in court, but they cannot and will not take your kid from you permanently over a legal grow. Make sure you keep that door locked, and it'll all be good. Peace!

L

LONGLINER

that suxs,i have no input about you cop problum,but i would like to say hello.and real sorry,i have never tryed to to grow anything like pot,i need your help and all the other farmers.i have a eb and flow set up.its all set up and ready to go,but i am so new to this i dont even know how to get a few clones or some seeds,can you help,thanks

R

RMCG

that suxs,i have no input about you cop problum,but i would like to say hello.and real sorry,i have never tryed to to grow anything like pot,i need your help and all the other farmers.i have a eb and flow set up.its all set up and ready to go,but i am so new to this i dont even know how to get a few clones or some seeds,can you help,thanks

If you are med compliant, hit up the CloneDr on CL or look around on google. You will find him and his product.

D

dgp

I use Dan Recht for my Lawyer, He is Carmelo's attorney as well as half the nuggets. He got me out of it last time, he just cost 500/hr so I'm waiting to see before I start getting charged hourly. Thanks for all your input, I feel much better. OFF TO MEDICATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sedate

sedate

Can't say big-dollar-hour lawyers are ever much help - I've dealt with lots of 'em and they are invariably more concerned with themselves than you.

I'd find a lawyer that you've already dealt with and network for a recommendation . . .

RMCG said:
If you are med compliant, hit up the CloneDr on CL or look around on google. You will find him and his product.

I haven't been active long on herb boards, but wtf is "CL"?

M

mrdizzle

I tell you, it seems like every time, every single time someone post a thread about being popped, they always let them in, I have never seen anyone post a thread,,,,,,"I just got raided by swat with a warrant"
. Everytime the person says the same thing, the cop was being cool, they told me it was no biggie, better let them in than make them mad and go get a warrant.

will we ever learn? ask any cop on the planit, if a warrant can be gotten, it will be gotten, a cop showing up to your door is an attempt to get you to let them in. plain and simple

Sorry to hear about your drama and I hope nothing comes of this, but people pleeeeease STOP letting cops into your house without a warrant.

D

dgp

Again, I didn't. They had already been in by the time I got there. It's not so much letting them in...its opening the door to allow the smell out which they can somehow smell from 50feet away.

Also, I have been raided by Swat and am a felon(another detail posted previously) The reason you never read those posts, is usually because when that happens, the people go to jail and stop posting on MJ forums. They might be doing this on just to appease the authorities. I had to do rehab, community service, and piss in a cup for 2 years only for them to make me legal a year after. I have been raided and yes, they still ask for cooperation. They can and will lie whether you are nice or not. What being nice does for you is keep everyone calm and in perspective. They also trash your house much less. After a full raid where you say "come back with a warrant!" and they do....you'll find furniture outside, missing things, your whole house ravaged.

fractal

fractal

You never "have to let the police in." That is a choice you make. We would rather hear how they busted your door down illegally after you defended your rights, or how they left because they had no warrant.

Know your rights.

D

dgp

You never "have to let the police in." That is a choice you make. We would rather hear how they busted your door down illegally after you defended your rights, or how they left because they had no warrant.

Know your rights.

I don't think me or my son really care what you would "rather hear". and if you actually read the thread, that was NOT a choice i made.

:character0110::character0110:

p3s7

p3s7

intersting thread as this has been on my mind for the past couple of days. I just moved into a neighborhood and am afraid of getting popped by either people trying to break in or by nosy neighbors. The problem is that although I am a med patient I am above my #'s and I would hate to have the door bust down. No one knows about my location or what I'm doing however I am seldom home because I have work. I am the only person at this 3bd location while I think my neighbors have 8 people living in their 4 bdrm.

What would happen if they called LE and report "suspicious activity" because i always come home late and then I'm off not too long after and in between my stays I'm sometimes washing my 100gal and 30 gal res outdoors. There are no smells for sure because I only have clones.

Also, what would happen if I'm not home when LE shows up. Would they surveillance me on when I come home and then try to talk to me or try to get a warrant and bust through while I'm gone.

Also Muxee

I was wondering if the kids that broke in to your place knew that you medicated and had weed to look for? I am located next to a pathway where people like to go to walk to the town shopping center and am worried of a break in one day. No one knows I medicate and I keep to myself and am seldom home.

Thanks...I haven't been sleeping well for the last 4 days. My first agenda is to find a way to completely make myself compliant but how would I do that when I have an 80 count SOG and a 6 plant per person limit. Start a collective coop? Be a caregiver?
Any input would be helpful. Thanks

Paranoia truly poisons the mind!!

-p3

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
My first agenda is to find a way to completely make myself compliant but how would I do that when I have an 80 count SOG and a 6 plant per person limit.
-p3

Quit screwing with SOG and start growin some plants, that is where i would start..

Tex

p3s7

p3s7

Quit screwing with SOG and start growin some plants, that is where i would start..

Tex

Thanks for the speedy reply Tex.

unfortuneately the tables are set and everyone is in their rockwool slabs already. I would have to wait until they are done in order to convert into growing trees (plants) :/

p3

sky high

sky high

It sounds like you've failed to make the switch from an old lifestyle to a med lifestyle.

There's NO protection in what you are doing. (not a judgement, a fact). Treat it all exactly as you would ANY commercial/illegal grow, bro...cus that's the game you are playing here and >the med card< you possess and paid for is worthless in such a situation.

good luck

s h

M

muxee

hey there p3s7. I knew the kid that broke in. He was my sons close friend since forever and he practically lived with us for 5 years. That's how he knew I grew. I always worried about letting other kids be here but I have to weigh the positives against the negatives. To me, the risk of being robbed was worth the positive memories my kid will have from all the time/summers/vacations/weekends that he and his friends had here. Plus the kid that broke in was really easy to catch since he was the only one that knew I grew. None of my neighbors know that I grow and I've lived in my house for 13 years. If your taking care of smell you should be fine.

P.S. Christmas cookies are a nice way to butter up your neighbors so they assume your a good guy. . . at least where I am, but we're all hippies :damnhippie:

p3s7

p3s7

I am really only worried about my 1 neighbor because the house next to me is still for sale and any break ins. I've had people tell me that normal people don't go looking for conspiracies about their neighbors and that I'm just being paranoid because i know what I'm doing is wrong but in all reality I've introduced myself to the neighbors and they seem like your normal neighbors.

Moxee, Did your neighbor break a window or door down? I would expect that no robber would attempt to break down a door or shatter an entire window or sliding door to get in unless they really knew what they were looking for and knew where they could find it. Your average thief would look for a break like an unlocked doors, open windows etc. but I really wouldn't know.

-p3

Top Bottom