Had to Let Cops into My house today, Info/help please!!

• Thread starter dgp
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sky high

sky high

I've never done a commercial/illegal grow so am not sure how to treat it.

A good place to start might be to use the bathtub to wash your equipment rather than washing it in the yard.

M

muxee

Nothing bad like that. This kid knew that sometimes someone would forget to lock one of the doors. He had practically lived with us for the last 5 years. He found one of the doors unlocked came into my house with my dog (who thinks of him like family) roaming around and she didn't even bark. He came into my bedroom next to my bed (on my side! super creepy to wake up to!) so he could get to the tiny little seedlings I was vegging. He thought he could make buckets of money by growing them up himself. He didn't even think to steal my curing summer harvest - Thank God for small miracles.

He admitted what he did. Stupid Kids! I hope this whole thing scares him into realizing that he could be better than this.

I'm making sure all doors and windows are locked and I'm getting a new dog. Take that - stupid kids! :devil

p3s7

p3s7

Very difficult but nonetheless it can be done. Good thing I took the showr doors off and have a showerhead that is attached to a hose.

also would a surveillance cam be worth it? I feel that its only going to be able to let me know the inevitable earlier because either way by the time they're on the cam they're already closer than I am.

The thing I'm interested in knowing is that if they came to my door, knocked and I'm not home what is protocol after that? Just because I'm not home doesn't mean I'm growing. And if I am home, open the door show my rec, they can't assume that its some op a medium one at most....unless they need to take a cutting. But even then, can't I just say no?

I have a closed system so no smell.

If there is no smell am I just being over paranoid at this stage? House lights are on timers as well. I'm just worried that the neighbors are logging everytime I come home and leave :icon_dizzy:

thanks for your help so far skyhigh and muxee. I'm really just trying to collect information and other views of thinking to help broaden mine.

-p3

p3s7

p3s7

Nothing bad like that. This kid knew that sometimes someone would forget to lock one of the doors. He had practically lived with us for the last 5 years. He found one of the doors unlocked came into my house with my dog (who thinks of him like family) roaming around and she didn't even bark. He came into my bedroom next to my bed (on my side! super creepy to wake up to!) so he could get to the tiny little seedlings I was vegging. He thought he could make buckets of money by growing them up himself. He didn't even think to steal my curing summer harvest - Thank God for small miracles.

He admitted what he did. Stupid Kids! I hope this whole thing scares him into realizing that he could be better than this.

I'm making sure all doors and windows are locked and I'm getting a new dog. Take that - stupid kids! :devil

lol quite creepy indeed. A friend told me that in the movie Paranormal Activity there was a scene like that and it was real scary.

Maybe I should just be a really scary neighbor so no one would want to know my business or want to talk to me. Very hard though because I don't fit that description in any way.

M

muxee

I think people enjoy screwing with assholes and they'll look for a reason to get you into trouble. I was worried about my neighbors at first but I was nice and polite to them. Now I know most of my neighbors and come to find out, most of them are huge pot heads. Yeah for good neighbors! Their only drug concerns were about meth and tweekers.

I hope you have the same good luck with your neighbors.

OpTikFiber

OpTikFiber

It seems weird that the police need to take a sample of the plant. I mean of course it is weed, what else would you be growing like this...crack cocaine? lol :)

Wounder who gets the sample after they 'test' it too!?

S

Socachi

DGP sorry to hear about the cops that sucks. I'm just starting out and I hope that doesn't happen.

p3s7 be a nice neighbor and they won't mess with you. Muxee's right act like an ass and you'l get treated like one.

D

dgp

As an update, they went and talked to my son at school. He was questioned about his private parts, how much food he gets, whether I ever hit him...the usual. They told/asked him specifically about drugs which he later asked me. I had to have the talk with him, show him my card, tell him I;m legal, tell him he is safe, answer questions. Other than that still the same. I'm still a good parent, he is fine, and my crop is growing well. Thanks for the help everyone. Hope this helps a few patients in CO to feel better about the "day" when/if you get a knock.

Hope you all had a nice thanksgiving as well.

M

mrdizzle

DGP, check out doubleds MPB if you want to get more legal, I used to run 150plants, plus 200 clones at a time, then i went to about 40plants and 40 veg. I just switch to a 5 plant room, 4000ws, and a 6 plants 5000w room ill post some pics one week into flower on that thread.

being within your limits will make your heart return to a more normal pace,trust me its incredible, no more peaking out your windows

OpTikFiber

OpTikFiber

@DGP - OMG. I am so sorry to hear this part of the story more than 'part 1'. How awful. Is there any legal action you can take to 'get them back'? Guess it would probably cost you money though.... man so sorry to hear they are harassing your family when you are a proven legal patient. Thank you again for sharing your story to help educate the rest of us on the reality of the state of our nation.

This should outrage us all people....more reason for us to vote, call, email, ect.

D

dgp

It is worse for sure than part "1". It was pure intimidation and served no purpose. You can question a ten yo without telling him why or what I am in suspicion of doing. Now I feel like every teacher looks at me different. They are most likely getting high legally too but it just feels weird. The worst part is they don't even have the balls/decency to call me. I have yet to hear from anyone at CPS.
I understand people have jobs to do but some people's lack of compassion is appalling.

sky high

sky high

Definitely low-handed tactics, dgp. Sorry your 10 yo had to endure such confusion. It would have been nice to lay all of this out on your own terms to him. I know the feeling. A traffic stop that lasted 2 hours caused me to reveal my secret to my kids about 4 years ago. however...this entire experience has been a POSITIVE example for them...especially since I kicked a narco habit right before thier eyes and they see/saw instantly how much healthier I am without the oxy in my system.

FWIW....

I always go on the credo that >respect< is a two-way street. The ONLY people worthy of giving time to are those who will/who do respect you/your decisions...and this is never more true than when the scenario involves medical issues/pain/etc.....MMJ included.

Don't count yourself out with the teachers either. IF they know...and some may...you may be surprised who takes you aside and tells you of a relative or friend who they've seen struggle with medical issues and wonders :"can this maybe help my dad?/uncle/brother/loved one???

Hang in there. Keep yer chin up. Never forget that you have the right to do what you are doing.

:rasta2: ganj on!

C

canaguy27

it is just not worth it to worry about what they think. what you are doing is legal anyways so...

S

Socachi

dgp you can't control what others may or may not think and bottom line is, what others think of you isn't any of your business. And if you focus on it all it will cause is anguish for you and those around you. You only have control over what it is you do or don't do. If you think about it you don't even have control over your own thoughts, only how you react to them. Legal action may be a direction to take or it may not, only you can decide what is right for you and your son.

P

pvtpilot

I can't believe that CPS has the right to question your kid without your knowledge or permission.

I know they are trying to "protect" your child but it seems underhanded that they did it without your knowledge. I would have demanded they talk to him after school in private. That Way the school didn't know shit.

For those of you that think some cops aren't so bad and because they acted cool or polite it was ok to speak with them are mistaking kindness for something entirely different.

DGP said that when he mentioned his child the cop didn't bay an eye. However, cps managed to show at at the school a couple days later.

Cops are trained to make you talk. Trust me, whenever a cop interacts with someone who actually knows and defends their rights, they back the f* up right away.
A cop can't smell anything better than you can. If you can't smell it, they sure the hell can't.
I bet 70% of all the pot busts have resulted from someone telling on themselves and not knowing their rights.

The one thing to remember is never talk to the cops! nothing good can become of it. If you get robbed, suck it up and lock up better. Find the robber and deal with the shit yourself.

Once they get their foot in the door, they own you.
warrants are a phone call way then.
Every time I've been involved with cops busting down the door, they never had a warrant. When you demand to see it they tell show you a piece of paper with writing on it but it's not a warrant. As soon as they can enter and find something they call the judge who is standing by and the warrant is faxed to a patrol car with a portable fax machine or the nearest kinkos.

i've had the door knocvked down 4 or 5 times in the past 45 years, none of them produced a warrant until 45 minutes after your in cuffs.

Cops are pigs, always have been, always will be.

B

M

messmore3

Never invite anyone into your house. Friends especially. It seems like that is the best way to stay secret.

C

CoCannabis303

Yea I hear that, must be part PIG!!!. I hear swine have a great sense of smell... But yea if and when they hand you a court order or search warrent, make sure to read it carfully, check for dates, names, adresses, etc. If they mis-spelled anything tell them to fuck off and go home. The paper work has to be 100% legit for it to count. That and if they ask you any questions just say you can talk to my lawyer. Also if they try to arrest you and dont read you your muranda rights you will get away scott free come court time.

-MFDP, ive had far too many run ins with the denver police/ lake wood detective force. take it from me never talk to them about anything... never let them into your house... and never trust a cop/detective.

Latest posts

Top Bottom