Hail Hydro 2.0: New Beginnings

• Thread starter PhatNuggz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Not unexpectedly, the 4 BBCC x G13 seeds that I dropped into old dried out Rapid Rooters that had dried out (I soaked them for a good while) but so far have not sprouted, so I just dropped 5 more

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Good News

3/6 are working on spreading their cotyledons. The other 3 are still hiding.

I expect all to be up by tomorrow

Will post pics then

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

So far only 3/6 BBCC x G13 (my seeds) have popped. Everything was the same and done at the same time.

Very frustrating, but 2/3 are doing well, the other just ok

The Little Old Lady (LOL) is beginning to take off as more new roots and root hairs continue developing

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Lots to report today

The 3 babies all have roots exiting the RRs
jump.gif
(see pics). The other 3 no bueno
wallbash.gif

This required me moving the 1" net pots to 3" first putting a layer of marbles in the bottom (see pic) then dropping in the 1" with plant, then side filling both with small stones to anchor the plants and block the light from the roots

I need to put them in the bubbler which means LOL (little old lady) needs to be moved. I was thinking to move her outside, but we're coming up on rainy season with lots of humidity and of course rain.

I made a DIY cloner that I will put her in and keep her inside

So, need to make veg nutes for the bubbler

IMG 4093
IMG 4688
IMG 4689
IMG 4691
IMG 4692
IMG 4693
PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Lots to report today

jump.gif
wallbash.gif

This required me moving the 1" net pots to 3" first putting a layer of marbles in the bottom (see pic) then dropping in the 1" with plant, then side filling both with small stones to anchor the plants and block the light from the roots

I need to put them in the bubbler which means LOL (little old lady) needs to be moved. I was thinking to move her outside, but we're coming up on rainy season with lots of humidity and of course rain.

IMG 4093
IMG 4691
IMG 4693
IMG 4688
IMG 4689
IMG 4692
AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
Lots to report today

jump.gif
wallbash.gif

Congrats!! :party1:🍻

I think my third came up while i was at work. I spotted some RW bulging this morning before i left so i am hoping it is number 3 of 4. I will take them and run...
Hopefully your babies will take off from here. I suspect they will be just fine now that they have a root system to feed them. Cheers!!

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

I placed covers over the 3 plants, mostly to prevent light from getting into the rez, but the small plant was not developing, so I took the cover off and the plant flopped over as most of the stem was flat and it was on the verge of stem rot, so I cut the RR open and moved the main stem deeper into the RR. Fingers crossed

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
I placed covers over the 3 plants, mostly to prevent light from getting into the rez, but the small plant was not developing, so I took the cover off and the plant flopped over as most of the stem was flat and it was on the verge of stem rot, so I cut the RR open and moved the main stem deeper into the RR. Fingers crossed

Bummer :(
Sorry to hear that man.

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

DAMMIT

It's already getting hot here, and even though a/c is on 24/7 the tent gets warmer, even with flaps open and fan running during light hours.

Alas, I failed to account for evap, especially when being extra careful not to raise the water level too high and soak the RRs. Water level went down, RRs dried a good bit, and both plants wilted. One has recovered, still nursing the other.

LOL continues to impress

Last edited:
AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
DAMMIT

It's already getting hot here, and even though a/c is on 24/7 the tent gets warmer, even with flaps open and fan running during light hours.

Alas, I failed to account for evap, especially when being extra careful not to raise the water level too high and soak the RRs. Water level went down, RRs dried a good bit, and both plants wilted. One has recovered, still nursing the other.

LOL continues to impress

I hear you on the heat thing. Everyday this week has been 80 and rain, but soon the rain will end but the sauna will continue through Labor Day. 100 degree days are right around the corner, probably before the end of the month. You may want to take a look at something like this ( https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07K8F1VWK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 ).
The nicest thing is that there is no required emptying of the rez so no drain hose.

It has been real good at keep the room temp at a steady 76 degrees creating a stable temp for the cabinet intakes.

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Even though the main stalk on the one plant is showing signs of life, the leafs are not, so I dropped 4 more BBCC X G13 seeds this morning

By tomorrow I should see new leaf development if it's going to recover

Either way, will take pics then

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

I hear you on the heat thing. Everyday this week has been 80 and rain, but soon the rain will end but the sauna will continue through Labor Day. 100 degree days are right around the corner, probably before the end of the month. You may want to take a look at something like this ( https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07K8F1VWK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 ).
The nicest thing is that there is no required emptying of the rez so no drain hose.

It has been real good at keep the room temp at a steady 76 degrees creating a stable temp for the cabinet intakes.

Ill give you 600 reasons why that is a bad idea :ninja:

Anyway this is the coolest room in the house and it is air conditioned

I will increase fan speed but move it farther back so as not to overwhelm the young plants

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Pic of the tent. I played with fan placement. I finally settled on it being inside the tent, to the far right (not pictured)

I put a temp/rh meter in yesterday morning. Temp was 89*s, it is now 86- 87. Still working on it, but fan is blowing across the Amare LED which should help

Newest seed drop Note how fast the tap roots have popped out, and really big/long too These are from the exact same BBCC x G13 seeds
woohoo.gif

LOL is doing great. Note her really nice root ball

IMG 4701
IMG 4702
IMG 4704
IMG 4705
IMG 4706
chemistry

chemistry

Keep an eye out for root rot, and knock it on the head before it gets a grip. I'll bet your plants are wondering what this big bright thing above them is. :cool:

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Note the seedling in the lower right has an orange cap used to support the stem. This had the longest tap root. I should have made the hole in the RR deeper. I actually cut it open to place the taproot deeper, then capped it with a small amount of coco in the hole to block the light, but it fell over with a very thin stem so I propped it up and - it worked.

LOL was wilting for a couple days. Why? Well once again the water level was too high, so I put her in h202 water and measured the level in a side by side and drew a line on the container. She perked up just fine, but lost a few lower leafs

IMG 4708
IMG 4709
PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

A couple days ago I noticed signs of RR again. Why? Well, when I put LOL into the coffee container I wasn't careful about the water level. Obviously, it was too high. Been soaking her in and out of h202 over the last couple days. I did lose some lower leafs. pH was hard to control, rising over 8

To be safe, I made fresh nutes (600ppm/1 EC) for LOL so she can get back on track

Top Bottom