Hail Hydro 2.0: New Beginnings

• Thread starter PhatNuggz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Early on in this 4 BBCC X G13 it looked like 2 were not going to make it, but they. In the mean time I dropped 2 more and they're doing well too, but there's no room in my bubbler. GOing to try my lpa + hpa mist heads again

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

LOL took a turn that I didn't expect her to recover from over filled the bucket thereby soaking the coco pellet, which I am no longer using, but she did. I added a pinch of Enzymes to both rezes

5/6 babies doing well

Root pic is from one of the babies, LOLs root not much bigger

IMG 4712
IMG 4711
IMG 4710
PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Made separate cocktails of microbes, enzymes and aminos + Ca for the 2 rezes'

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
Update

3rd time getting new root development from LOL As more new roots present themselves, I will cut away the non performing roots

2/3 of the BBCC x G13 are doing quite well

Looking really, really good there PhatNuggz!!!!!

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

the roots on one of the plants is sufficiently long enough to be moved to my F & D tent, so I spent a couple hours getting that system operational and made 6g fresh HR V+B nutes (plus NPK Raw Enzymes and Aminos for it) Expect to move the second largest to it in a few days. The 3rd will stay in the bubbler

IMG 4719
IMG 4720
IMG 4721
IMG 4722

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Plant in F & D looking good. I had to make a few o/o time adjustments as water level when the timer stopped in the tote was a tad low

Oddly, the other large plant has been drooping since moving her from one hole in the bubbler to the middle

Last edited:
Weed Dude

Weed Dude

Looks like you got things dialed in. Haven't done a hydro system for sometime.

WD

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

After years of successful hydro grows I have struggled with RR for my last 3 grows. None more frustrating then my current grow with 3 plants in THE SAME BUBBLER, but one got a bad case of RR, and one not as bad but went into a wilt that it has yet to recover from

Using a 4 head air pump with 4 sintered stones running 24/7 and I am using enzymes
dunno.gif

Been taking them out and soaking in h2O2 many times a day, which has worked

The plant in the upper left was huge so I moved her to my F & D with fresh nutes, but in less than 24 hours she severely wilted to the point that I put her back in the bubbler, then after 24 hours of zero response I cut off a lot of primary leafs that were not recovering, and pulling valuable resources from the smaller leafs. See started recovering yesterday morning. Maybe the F & D pump had something in it that came back to life after rehydrating. Will be diligent to run pumps in h202 prior to reusing, but that still doesn't account for 2/3 plants in the same bubbler getting RR

The plant in the middle semi-wilted BUT the plant in the lower right never had an issue
wallbash.gif

LOL finally has pistils so I pollinated her with her male counterpart plooin that I collected and froze

IMG 4723
IMG 4724

Weed Dude

Weed Dude

That's why I abandoned Hydro. Coolant res temps are critical and plenty of air. I now run straight Coco and hand feed. When I did run it I always flushed with H2O2 between rounds.

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
After years of successful hydro grows I have struggled with RR for my last 3 grows. None more frustrating then my current grow with 3 plants in THE SAME BUBBLER, but one got a bad case of RR, and one not as bad but went into a wilt that it has yet to recover from

Using a 4 head air pump with 4 sintered stones running 24/7 and I am using enzymes
dunno.gif

Been taking them out and soaking in h2O2 many times a day, which has worked

The plant in the upper left was huge so I moved her to my F & D with fresh nutes, but in less than 24 hours she severely wilted to the point that I put her back in the bubbler, then after 24 hours of zero response I cut off a lot of primary leafs that were not recovering, and pulling valuable resources from the smaller leafs. See started recovering yesterday morning. Maybe the F & D pump had something in it that came back to life after rehydrating. Will be diligent to run pumps in h202 prior to reusing, but that still doesn't account for 2/3 plants in the same bubbler getting RR

The plant in the middle semi-wilted BUT the plant in the lower right never had an issue
wallbash.gif

LOL finally has pistils so I pollinated her with her male counterpart plooin that I collected and froze

View attachment 873163View attachment 873164

Regarding your RR; what is your water temp? Is it consistently below 70 degrees? Looking at your setup and reading your posts for awhile, that is the only thing banging around the back of my addled brain.

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Finally seeing the plants starting to grow new leafs

Following BBs lead, I am rethinking everything, though not so sure about some light leak into the rez being an issue, but hey, that's an easy fix, so did that too, but probably >95% was blocked

I thought it best to make fresh nutes, so I drained the week old nutes, but before adding the fresh nutes I ran enough h2o water to cover the stones for 10 minutes, then used my HD vacuum to drain and clean off a small amount of residue from the floor of the tote and on top of the stone discs. Also, I soaked all 3 plants up to the middle of the root riots in a h2o2 bath for ~ 10 minutes, which I ve been doing daily lately

Nutes: Emerald Harvest (which Ive been using throughout this grow) CaMg + 3 Part + (as per their feeding chart Emerald Goddess, they also say Honey Chome and Root Wizard though I chose not to add them, yet

So, fingers crossed that at least one of these things will solve my RR issues for once and for all

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Regarding your RR; what is your water temp? Is it consistently below 70 degrees? Looking at your setup and reading your posts for awhile, that is the only thing banging around the back of my addled brain.

Thanks, but it's kept cool enough. See my new post to be filled in

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

A grower from a different site suggested Dutch Master new Zone. I have a 4+ yo bottle of Zone, so I added some to my dunk jar and gave each plant's roots a few minutes in it

I then added ~ 3 tsps Zone to my 3g rez. now it's bubbling like crazy, but will settle down

Will check into the new Zone, though I suspect it is only for sterile rezes, which I am willing to do. Come to think of it, I never had these issues when I was running sterile

All 3 new leafs are healthy green. 2/3 plants leafs are turgid and horizontal, but one is still slightly below horizontal

1/3 appears to be a male. Since I already collected pollen from the previous male and pollinated =LOL I don't need another stinkin' male

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Oh, I dumped the nutes as Zone directions state 1 ml/g= 3mls, not 3 tspns, which probably would have killed them had I not dumped those nutes

LOL (tripleberry) is developing a more defined top cola in spite of almost no roots to feed her

the BBCCx G13 in the front left is developing one too

Last edited:
PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Now that I SEEM to have the issues causing RR under control, I just started new seeds. Once they are ready to put into my bubbler, I will move these plants outside

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

7/7 seeds cracked with tap roots already sticking out

Fingers crossed I can nurture them into healthy happy females

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

I soaked Rapid Rooters and dropped all 7 seeds.

For about a week I have been using a dunk jar rotating with Emerald Harvest Root Wizard and Dutch Master Zone, or H2O2, leaving plants in each for ~ 20 minutes. One thing I noted immediately is the amount of dead root coming off in the dunk jar, so I have been straining it out and reusing it between each of the plants. (I then started rinsing the roots under the faucet water to help remove dead root rot and dead roots). Turns out this is a good idea as these dead roots would be decaying in the rez upsetting the good things I've been doing. I am seeing some new roots

Finally got around to reading BigTokes Sticky. It is loaded with excellent 411, although it is ~ 13 years old and we have products that weren't available then. Also he runs a lot of plants, so Bio Buckets work there, but Ill stick to starting < 6 plants in my DIY bubbler then moving to my DIY F & D, where I've had excellent results in the past.

I should be able to start reusing either EH Root Wizard (mine is likely past it's use by date), NPK Raw Microbes and/or Enzymes to establish/maintain root bennies

Here's an excerpt:

Consider that when the bad guys find a plant, they use nutrients that the plant already immobilized. How ya like them apples!!!
Growing in a Recirculating DWC Bio-Bucket System of Hydroponics, the pathogens do not function to hold significant nutrients, because the good-guy bacterium compete with disease-causers, and prevent diseases and pests from being able to find or infect roots. The beneficial bacterium immobilizes a great deal of nutrients in their biomass, so that N, P, K, etc. Predators, such as fusarlum, pythium, rhizoctonia, phytopthera, sclerotinla; etc. feeds on dead pieces of root mass, pests and disease-causing organisms well inhibits the plants uptake of mobile nutrients. If the beneficial bacterium is properly managed (given a place to live) then they well aid in mobility of nutrients in the solution such as nitrogen (N) and potassium (K) should remain in the root zone to benefit the crop and yield. The beneficial bacterium keeps your solutions free from disease-causing organisms, thus creating a better echo-water environment, making nutrients more readily available for the plant mainly in the root zone.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Sterile my dude. If you arent going to run chillers and all that (not sure if you are) that would be the way to go as you said you never had that issue when running it. H202, Bleach, Zone, or Hydroguard. Not worth it in he end to try and play with bennies if your plants die or almost die.

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Sterile my dude. If you arent going to run chillers and all that (not sure if you are) that would be the way to go as you said you never had that issue when running it. H202, Bleach, Zone, or Hydroguard. Not worth it in he end to try and play with bennies if your plants die or almost die.

Reread my opening 2 paragraphs, plants have mos def responded to the kill dunking followed by the beenie dunking

CHillers are expensive to buy and operate. As I am a small grower I simply use blue ice packs that I rotate 3-4xs/day

Latest posts

Top Bottom