Hail Hydro 2.0: New Beginnings

• Thread starter PhatNuggz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

The nutes were not reaching the roots on the plant on the right. I added more nutes and ran a separate flood to this plant only (on/off valves on each feeder tube). Will likely lose those leafs but top is responding

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Plants under the LED t5s were not really taking off, partially due to being too far from the light, while raising the plants up (light fixture is fixed), I decided to change to fresh nutes as well

Seeds cracked around June 4th

Roots look pretty good

Last edited:
h4ppyf4rmer

h4ppyf4rmer

I've been meaning to ask: what is and where did you get that ball and pipe erector set for plant support. I was thinking of doing the same with 1/2 PVC piping but yours looks much easier.

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

I've been foliar spraying 1-3xs/day, ans noticed a lot of yellowing leafs when I shouldn't have any

I wrote to Harley Smith of NPK:

What RAW products and in what ratios, as well as how often do you recommend for a foliar spray...

There are several RAW products that can be used in a foliar spray. My favorites are a combination of RAW Kelp, RAW Full Up and RAW Yucca. Use the low dose on the instructions and spray no more than once a week during veg and early flowering. Once every two or three weeks will still have a noticeable effect on the plant.

Some of the other RAW products can also be used for foliar feeding, but they are usually reserved for treating specific nutrient deficiencies.

Hope this helps!

Harley Smith
Director of Research
NPK University

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

I've been meaning to ask: what is and where did you get that ball and pipe erector set for plant support. I was thinking of doing the same with 1/2 PVC piping but yours looks much easier.

Purchased at Bed Bath and Beyond. It's a Discovery product for children to make indoor tents

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

It occurred to me to flush the individual plants in RO water to clean any salts that might have built up in the coco. I did that yesterday after posting

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Resurrection, or surviving a near-death experience
wallbash.gif
jump.gif

If you compare previous photos you can see that the leafs are no longer drooping and are greening up, plus new leafs popping up, thanks to new roots are beginning to develop

I mean these girls were approaching death, as can be seen with the lower leafs which are dead

It's a tribute to how resourceful these plants are, giving up lower leafs to survive in hopes that the idiot grower will get his shit together

IMG 3916
IMG 3917

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

BAM, I'm so excited to see that the newest babies are looking so happy, sporting lots of new leafs. I took a root picture of the smallest as well. she should begin to take off next week

The 2 older ones in separate f & d totes are interesting in that it shows the difference in phenotypes from the same seed stock

IMG 3919
IMG 3923
IMG 3920

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

WooHoo, the big lanky plant on the left has pistils, so I added one gallon of early flower mix to kick it in gear. Ah SHIT, I added EH nutes. Oh well, I'll drain and start with RAW Flower nutes tomorrow

I cut the 4 large primary leafs off the plant on the right, and it 's already perking up, though way behind

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Nute changed to RAW this morning

Smaller plant continues to stretch now that I removed the 4 large primary leafs

I moved the fence to the taller, lankier, and multi-branched plant

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

I have noticed leaf droop in the starter tote over the last 4-5 days, so I just dumped nutes and made fresh, mixing each of the following to half what the directions say and per 2 gallons instead of one.

silica + NPK yucca & grow, humic acid and EH root wizard to 2 gallons of RO water

Even at half strength and twice the water TDS 642, I should have checked before pouring it into the bubble tote, as I want it under 300 at this stage

6.8 pH lowered to 6.1

Checking the roots, almost no new roots developing (bad sign), so I dunked each plant up to the gravel line into the fresh nutes.

While I had the tote out I replaced a taller kitty liter bucket with a shorter as one plant was pushing up against it

Hopefully the next few days will be encouraging

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

I can't believe it took me until one year ago to get a shop vac.

I sucked out ~ 1.2 gallons (in under 30 seconds, with no spills) and refilled with pure ro water. TDS now barely 300 ppms

Let the healing begin

stonestacker

stonestacker

Hello.
I hope it's the lighting or the coco but your roots look brown. Not the health white I like to see. I like your ingenuity but without a chiller rdwc is hard.

fatawa

fatawa

Idh any pics at the moment but a great way to stake babies/seedlings w/netcups is chopsticks.and there free at chinese restaurants.no need to do anything besides shove them n the slits on side of cup.they stand straight up

Latest posts

Top Bottom