Hail Hydro 2.0: New Beginnings

• Thread starter PhatNuggz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

If you use the quote button (lower right hand corner inside eache post) I can tell which post you are referring to.

ppms are ~ 375.

My rezes are much bigger than the root structure slurping off the nutes, so it doesn't fluctuate much

fatawa

fatawa

As I mentioned, I used > half strength bloom micros to my NPK bloom nutes; Yucca>Silica>Bloom> Humic

pH rock steady 6.0 throughout grow and bloom, up until I added the micros

Stupidly, I did not check pH until the next day (3-4 feedings), which was 4.5pH

I immediately adjusted up to 6.0, but the damage done did not show much until yesterday

See pictures

Had I not caught this in time, the whole crop might have failed

View attachment 725047 View attachment 725048
this is what i was talking bout.sorry if i got u confused brother.

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

There's plenty of nutes in the rezes for the size of the root systems my plants have at harvest. Meaning, PPMs don't drop much, maybe 25 ppms every couple days

Based on previous grows with essentially the same hydro system, my roots tend to be relatively small, but highly efficient

I am positive it was the microbes that dropped a previously stable 6.0 pH rez down to 4.5 . I communicated with NPK as soon as I noticed it

The solution MAY be to add Kelp. I say MAY because I only got RAW Kelp last week, and made a fresh batch of Grow nutrients; Yucca > Silica> Grow> Humic > Microbes, all the same ratios as previous new batches, then added the Kelp. Solution tested @ ~ 5.3pH. Alas, I went a little heavy on the Up.

After a couple sessions to make sure Up was completely dispersed in this Bubble Ponics system, it is back down ~ 6.0. I mentioned I will be replacing the 4 air stones with low pressure aero for the upcoming seedlings. in addition to roots not being submerged 24/7 any change in nurient solution is immediately available during the next automated feed cycle

Since fming the top a couple days ago, all the lower node branches started growing :cool:

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

3/5 Diesel/Diesel seeds i dropped in water 2 days ago already have tails. Dropped them into coco pellets and under the T5 leds

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

The side branches on the lone female currently in my bubble-ponics tote are now ~ 3-4" and growing, and this on NPK RAW grow formula. Just got more Bloom to make the transition, which I want to do in a LP aero set up.

Got the hardware together to transition her to Low Pressure Aero, with a twist...

The twist is I will use an outboard rez, which makes changing nutes, monitoring pH, and rotating ice blocks a ton easier, PLUS, roots will not be soaking in nutes between feedings. Also I have 3 Diesel/Diesel babies that should break the surface today

Good thing I did a pre- flight test as the 10 gallon tote just isn't deep enough (barely 12") with the pump/riser heads and misters (not shown). Just ran a test. Best if I can get a ~ 6" or taller tote. Also going to need a grommet for the feeder tube between rez and tote.... Hmmmm, that presents a problem. The pump will be in an empty tote. Obviously it would be running dry, until the rez filled up enough (likely at least 3 minutes). No bueno. I can devise a screen to keep the roots above the nutes, but damn that takes away the benefits of an outboard rez, or, I could put the pump into a much smaller container inside the tote, which would have standing nutes in it, but still... Ideas?

IMG 3945
IMG 3946
IMG 3947
IMG 3948
IMG 3949

Last edited:
PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

I traded for these, and after testing, this 4 head configuration (designed for the riser being in the center of the tote), is not going to work for me. I have 180* misers, so thinking to move the pump/tubing to one side: still debating

Just a note, cause I am high as F on an early sample of what I will be harvesting Sunday. And only doing it then because I need the room for the beauty in my bubble-ponics system

Pic tomorrow

New seedlings did not make it . It seems the coco dries our very quickly here this time of year, and although I sprayed it throughout each day, being mindful of root rot, they died
wallbash.gif

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

2 new Diesel/Diesel seeds cracked. Going to put the coco pellets into small glass jars to keep them moist, and start them in the kitchen window, which is where I usually start seeds. Hopefully, they will pop this time

The PTY (pretty young thing) in the starter tent is guzzling nutes. Made some fresh this morning and topped off the rez.

Went to boat supply in search of a larger bulkhead to use as a drain but kind of expensive, so I'll stick with the smaller one I use now to flood/drain flowering totes. I should have the low pressure set up by tomorrow, but won't be using it until the seeds are developed, and ready to drop into it

The batteries (3) died in my 60X mini scope. Being so small, it's a PITA to use, so instead of replacing them I bought a bigger one that is 60/120. It should arrive today so I can check trichs on the 2 that I anticipate harvesting tomorrow https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The 2 under the P3 are doing fine, but damn both are very small phenos. Fortunately, they are finishing faster than normal

Pics tomorrow

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Update

First pic is PYT under Transcend Lighting T5 led 4 ft tubes. As soon as I harvest the 2 II will move PYT to the SE 250

Pics 2-4 is small phenos under Amare P3

5-7 are the 2 plants days from harvest under Amare SE 250

IMG 3950
IMG 3951
IMG 3952
IMG 3953
IMG 3954
IMG 3955
IMG 3956

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

PYT is budding uber fast. with 4 white and 2 pink leds

I just replaced one of the white TL LEDs with another TL Pink LED, now 3/3

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

PPM ~ 875 after adding fresh nutes

I had to make lots of color adjustments to minimize the pink hue

Also trimmed quite a few primary leafs yesterday

I neglectd to indicate when I first saw pistils on PYT but looks like early August

IMG 3957
IMG 3958

Last edited:
PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

PYT still slurping nutes, guzzling is more like it,

Topped off one gallon now ~ 650ppm

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Oddly, my Diesel/Diesel seeds were pretty much all duds

Starting over with Blueberry Cheese Cake X G13, again my cross. I have grown from these seeds, so hopefully it's a go

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Most of the BBCC x G13 seeds have already popped
peacock.gif

Harvest Update

Unfortunately, I had some mold issues, mostly on the left plant, but also the right. These buds were uber dense, making air circulation between the bud/colas impossible

Cut the affected areas away and gave them a h2o2 bath, and rinse, now drying in the sun

Notice how small the root mass is. According to the Hydroponics college book (A Practical Guide for the Soilless Grower) , this is good. Massive roots are not a good sign

Pic 1-2 plant on left (the 17" cola was at the bottom!)
Pic 3-5 plant on right + roots

IMG 3965
IMG 3966
IMG 3968
IMG 3969
IMG 3971

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Late yesterday I moved PYT from under 6 Transcend Lighting T5 LED tubes (3 white/3 red) where she began life and grew until yesterday, when I moved her from bubbleponics to my DIY F&D. The light is Amare Technologies SE 250 with 2 BML side lighting bars

I should have taken a picture of the root ball, which was roughly softball size

These pics were taken yesterday. Checked her this morning, zero transplant shock

IMG 3972
IMG 3973

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Took pics today of the 2 plants under the Amare Tech P3

The purpose was to show how dense the buds are with the light off, using just the camera flash. Alas, the camera did not want to cooperate with no light on the plants, but one came out, sort of

IMG 3974
IMG 3975
IMG 3976

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Update:

So far 2 sets of seeds have failed to germinate. Using same technique that has been successful. Dumbfounded

Plant Pics: looking lovely. The short one appears to be finishing much faster, though feeding from the same rez, and under the same light. Being much shorter, with chubbier leafs, it is expressing 'more' indica

PYT is looking excellent too.

Now, if I can only figure out why I'm having problems germinating seeds

The 2 plants harvested on 8/21 are in jars with Boveda humid packs, smelling damn good

IMG 3977
IMG 3978
IMG 3979
IMG 3980
IMG 3981

monstacropn

monstacropn

Update:

So far 2 sets of seeds have failed to germinate. Using same technique that has been successful. Dumbfounded

Plant Pics: looking lovely. The short one appears to be finishing much faster, though feeding from the same rez, and under the same light. Being much shorter, with chubbier leafs, it is expressing 'more' indica

PYT is looking excellent too.

Now, if I can only figure out why I'm having problems germinating seeds

The 2 plants harvested on 8/21 are in jars with Boveda humid packs, smelling damn good

View attachment 736789 View attachment 736790 View attachment 736791 View attachment 736792 View attachment 736793
I read most of your posts and went thru allot of the very same shit lol Hydro imo is for advanced growers for it's too timely and costly to do a trial and learn basis. how are you keeping your water chilled or is that root rot on brown roots? I will say you give it a good try just as I did, good job and just wanted to show what outdoor and soil can do.
20170715 201055
IMG 20170719 184741

Latest posts

Top Bottom