Hail Hydro!

• Thread starter PhatNuggz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

The remaining plants and clones are in the far back bubbler. I have neglected to address water temp, and of course it was warm.

I decided to try out my double bucket idea. First I cooled the nutes down, lifted it out of the way, then put the empty tote, but adding several blue ice packs then placing the tote with nutes and plants on top.

Be interesting to see how long it keeps the nutes cool

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

The sat has lots of small bud sites, so I decided to give her a hair cut, removing all primary leafs except for those at the top of each branch.

I took this a step further and trimmed off many from the 4 plants in my Mini Me F & D

I heard from Amare that my SE 250 is still a couple weeks away, so thinking to move the sat under the TL D200

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Yesterday, I moved the sat to the Transcend Lighting D 200 (230w) tent. I also double bucketed her, placing frozen blue ice packs in between; still cool this morning
wink.gif

2 days ago I gave her and the 4 in my 2 Mini Me F & Ds a primary leaf haircut. Today I did the same to the plants on the far left under the TL hot5s.

Pic 1/2 are before an after primary leaf removal

Amazing to see how quickly the secondary branching has grown already

IMG 3363
IMG 3364
IMG 3365
IMG 3366
PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Posting pics a day early, ope you don't mind

Everything is going well, except the clones.

The sat is fattening up with excellent root mass.

I should have taken younger branches to clone. These are fibrous, although I did scrape them. I'm going to slice them down the middle to expose more surface area

The plant in the tote on the right under the hot5 is finally branching out

IMG 3370
IMG 3371
IMG 3372
IMG 3373
PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Trying to determine when pistils first started on the sat, in order to know when to begin adding sulfur. Looks like somewhere around 5/05.

Due to the fatness of the plant on the right under the Amare SE 220, I am going to swap plants between the SE 220 and the TL D200.

The D200 is a cooler white spectrum, with virtually zero yellow reflecting off the tent walls, so it will be interesting to see how the sat responds under a more equatorial light. Should be awesome

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

A little hydro 411, that's what the title of the thread is about, right?

Ive spent most of the day yesterday and today watching Raw Nutrient YT videos by Harvey Smith.

I've picked up a few tips so far, add a touch of fulvic/humic acid to my foliar spray during veg

Yucca for the rez to see what affect it might have on my bubble pail roots + Braggs liquid amino acid for the rezes

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

What a difference a day makes!

Since my back up plants under the 8 bulb HOT5 decided to blow up (in a good way) over the last couple days + the 2 plants in my DIY Mini Me F & D are also exploding, the side wall was getting overcrowded.

I needed to add another bubble tote, which I had to place sideways (forming an L). To do this I needed 2 more 4" air stone discs. I also wanted to check out NPK Industries dry nutrients to use during flower, so I made a trip to my local hydro store. The owner was there (he and I have had a few discussions over the years) along with SunLite rep, and fortuitously, the president of Emerald Harvest, a nute company I had not heard of

After a 20 minute conversation with him about dry vs liquid and the importance of using 'live' water to mix, I left with Cali Bloom A & B, and will be gifted their bloom and rooting additives.

This morning I replaced the nutes from my 2 other tents with Cali Bloom as all 3 plants are blooming. Also I rigged up the other tote and moved a couple plants into it, and, I also defoled most of the biggest primary leafs.

I suggest you check out their site to see why I am so excited

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Today's photo update has 2 purposes

1. To take a snap shot of the plants now being fed an actual bloom specific nutrient. Specifically the sat, which is now 33 days since first pistils. It has been getting only HR V + B from seed. The other 2 plants have only recently started showing pistils (pics 2 - 4)

2. Adding a additional bubble tote under the HOT5s. I may have lost my clones due to an overnight mishap

IMG 3389
IMG 3390
IMG 3391
IMG 3392
PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Emerald Harvest Update

I have been scouring the internet for people using it. I did find that a couple of the principals are from Canna and AN.

One grower noted pH drifts pretty fast. I never would have thought that would be the case with a modern nutrient, but it damn sure does!

That aside, I am seeing quite a bit of bud density improvement on the ~ 34 day in flower sat in bubble bucket. Also, since it only has about 1.5g, it drifted quite a lot- 7+

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

I finally got around to doing what I should have done with the clones- put them in a bubble bucket and in different tent. Now they are getting < 200 ppm, all Himalayan salt + a 1/4 t of Tappin Root..

Part of what made me do this was I am ready to flip the plants in the hot5 tent, and had dropped the daylight hours. Also I have a pretty decent 90w @ 4500k white ufo light

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Yesterday I picked up a starter case of 3 part- amazing deal @ $50

Buds on the sat continue to explode beyond anything I ever had using HR V+B for blooming, PLUS, EH has 4 boosting products, which I am about to add to the sat. Also, going to change her to a single F & D set up, just need to find the pump

It appears that I can add the Emerald Goddess, King Kola, Honey Chome and Root Wizard to the batch of Cali Bloom nutes

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Been busy, beyond the above post.

Pictures: I took a top shot and bud close up to show how much she has bulked up from just a few days of the EM Cali Bloom. Also, I added the extra goodies to this bucket, as she is much farther along. I also moved the sat from the bubble bucket to a F & D. That will make life so much easier

In the hot5 tent, one of the small plants on the left and the fat squat plant on the far right are males. Both have been removed. I used the F & D spot for one of the other plants, which has not yet shown its sex

IMG 3393
IMG 3394
IMG 3395
Fatty LIVES

Fatty LIVES

cool deal man! that plant looks huge how tall is that long legged chik?

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Thanks Fatty. Actually I have 3 leggy bitches. In the pic above the cubes are 19" on center. she smells like bubbe gum, a strin I crossed with WW, so oh my...

The one of 2 in another tent is taller but not as many long side branches, so far at least. AND, the biggest one is in the hot5 tent. Both of these are a couple weeks younger. Got my work cut out or me

Fatty LIVES

Fatty LIVES

sweet work! Im bout 20 minutes from lights on.. hahaha, it's the daily opening of presents.. I love it.

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Good news and bad...

Every one looks super healthy

All are now getting Cali Bloom, although I am adding the extras to the oldest sat.

The leaf close up is more than 8" across

On a sad note, the tallest plant (~ 3ft of branches) is a hermie. I pulled it and might let it finish outside

IMG 3396
IMG 3397
IMG 3398
IMG 3399
PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

I've been experiencing full point pH swings.

Communicating with EH, they traced it to using air stones, which are made with calcium carbonate.

Circulating the nutes with a flooming pump would solve the problem, but my 4 rezes are small, requiring individual pumps. Running pumps 24/7 would heat the nutes.

They are working on a stabilizer. In the mean time daily pH adjusting is no big deal

Yesterday, I replaced the kitty litter rez to my sat (now 5 weeks into bloom) with a small igloo cooler in order to keep nutes cooler longer.

Alas, I neglected to turn the o/o valve back on
wallbash.gif
. 6:30 this morning she was severely drooping, but she is > 90% recovered. Whew

Last edited:
PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

According to UPS, I will have the SE 250 late Tuesday, but damn the TL D200 is doing a fine job in the 3 x 3. Speaking of which, good thing the plant on the left is a tall skinny sat, as the PHAT girl on the right is overtaking the space

The lone sat (tent by itself) has recovered from not having any nutes over night- I forgot to open the valve after shifting to using the igloo cooler to hold the nutes, thus keeping them cooler, longer

IMG 3402
IMG 3403
PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

RE: Clones

The clones I took over a week ago were drooping, one died

Reading through the EH catalog I noticed a Cloning Tip on the Honey Chome page: 1/4 strength for clones. I took new clones from another plant + the droopy ones. The new ones never drooped and the droopy ones straightened up

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

The nutes in the small Igloo cooler, which is feeding the sat, now ~ 40 days in bloom, seemed to be turning green, but it might just be that I can see the actual nute color as the inside of the Igloo is white.

Anyway, I decided to err on the side of caution and replace with fresh nutes, but before doing so, I decided to do something I have never done prior, which is to flush with water only. Floods are every 45 minutes. Will replace the water tomorrow with fresh nutes

Latest posts

Top Bottom