Hail Hydro!

• Thread starter PhatNuggz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Some will already be familiar with this thread it's for everyone else

After attempting damn near every hydro method I returned to my roots some 3+ decades ago- F & D. It worked great then and works great now, especially with my tweaks. My DIY Mini-Me F & D is inexpensive and easy to make. It can be used for one plant growers, or easily expanded using various 1/2" fittings.

Got questions?

FYI the plant surrounded by a cube was grown under an Amare Technologies SE 220 (now 250). It's a 220w actual CoB hybrid

Hail hydro
Hail hydro 2
Hail hydro 3
Bubble set up for seedlings 002
Hail hydro 5
Hail hydro 6
Hail hydro 7
Wisher619

Wisher619

I have a question.....how does the flood process actually work in your situation.....
usually you would have a stopper valve so that your solution wont keep rising....so do you set it on a timer and time it so that as it reaches a certain point it shuts down and draind back through the fill....??

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Good question. I use a deep cycle timer and eye ball the flood inside the tote with square net pot and rocks before inserting plants

Yes, unbeknownst to many (including my hydro shop), once the pump turns off the nutrient drain back through the feeder tubing

Wisher619

Wisher619

no figured that it would drain back as there is no pressure once the pump turns off.....looks like a F&D/Dutch Bucket hybrid.....pretty cool

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Seed + H2O2 update: looks like 2 more are about to crack
woohoo.gif
added 2 more drops

Reveg Tent

I decided to turn the humidifier off over night, thinking without light (the 4 TLs create very little heat) + cool morning temp 53*s, that I just might be wasting water and electricity. RH was 54%

Tent temps now 65*. After running the humidifier for 5 minutes, RH quickly rose to 75%, which may be too high for the ambient temperature, as ideal RH range is ~ 75%, but that's when temp is between 75-85*, so it's likely a sliding scale. Dunno, but will investigate.

Seems like 5/5 o/o keeps the RH in a good zone but that will change when ambient temp/RH are higher

After taking today's pics (look at all the new leafs), I decided to move the now 3"+ seedling to the front. Pic one is with fog

Damn, the temp monitor is barely readable- RH 64%, AT was ~ 66*s

IMG 3263
IMG 3264
Last edited:
PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

The weather has warmed up 20*s+, which mean the humidifier does not need to be on very long or as often to maintain 70+ RH

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Here's a couple pics of the TL LED tubes + bunch of developing leafs, and then there's this:

When taking pics first thing this morning...

Notice anything missing?

Seems I need to fire my guard crab

Still don't see it?

Fucking palmetto bugs must have incredible smell and tracking devices

This is the second time they have eaten my seedlings. Confirmed when I saw one last time crawling toward the plants

I need to install an electrified fence

IMG 3267
IMG 3268
IMG 3269
IMG 3266
PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Looks like I have a lizard in the room as I found the wings and legs of the offending palmetto bug- the food chain at work

I forgot to turn off the power strip to the humidifier last night. RH was 90 this morning. That's not good as it soaked the starter cubes. Now I have to dry them out a bit

Last edited:
ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
Yes! I was once part of the T5 club, back around page >25 or so
Glad you are here!
Peace

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

I've paid careful attention to ppms, RH, pH but the life support system (the roots) just aren't regenerating as they should. Consequently the leaf development is lacking and non existent on the other plant.

Weather has warmed up considerably which will help ith starting more new seeds but I am waiting on a new water Divinia Water before I start more seeds

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Yes! I was once part of the T5 club, back around page >25 or so
Glad you are here!
Peace
Considering your UN I have a syringe full of spores, but never tried growing 'shrooms. I've looked at some threads but too complex for me. I did buy a Mushroom starter Kit and hoping someone can direct me to a simple method

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
Considering your UN I have a syringe full of spores, but never tried growing 'shrooms. I've looked at some threads but too complex for me. I did buy a Mushroom starter Kit and hoping someone can direct me to a simple method
I'm not the reigning king atm.
My days were the late 80s early 90s and I was a field hunting legend in the FL panhandle.
Best of luck. Peace

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

I'm frustrated that I am not seeing more new growth. could it be the white leds aren't up to the task? Not likely, but I'm going to mix in 1-2 of the reds just to see

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

As I am not sure where the problem is with the existing reveg plants I decided to replace one white TL tube with their red (flower) tube. The pic does not differentiate that tube, but it is quite red

The leaf color looks more natural, but plant don't see what i see.

The new seedling is developing leafs, but its' main stem is to weak to support it, hence the net pot. Could that be from lack of reds in the TL white tubes? Dunno

IMG 3273
IMG 3274
IMG 3275
D

Duder

I noticed that all super white LED light in veg has caused weird growth, such as three fingered leaves. I’ve been experimenting with cob LEDs and currently that’s all I am using in Veg. I added some neutral white(4000k) to the mix and its remedied the problem. The addition of the red light should help you out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom