HALP! CMH lights- what is going on?

• Thread starter Thetinman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
They also had tailhooks.....

Yea, I've seen them fly over the base many times, actually. Close by barely below the speed of sound. I think they used to use them a lot for pilot training at NATTC, Millington, back in the mid to late 80's. They were a pretty versatile air-frame that filled a few different roles, I believe. Recon, up close, down low penetration. Not quite the tank of the warthog, and faster, but otherwise maneuverable, but lighter.

They would scream in low and fast, wings pop out, then turn out at 90 angles over the base at a slower speed, then pick up speed again like a slingshot. Probably the 18A's replaced them, I'm thinking and some of the stealthier stuff in service have filled them roles.

JSF are kinda junk IMO. Were losing our edge. The raptors are the best we have at the point of the spear, but their expensive, and the new China J-20 is going to displace that advantage.

1280px F 111A Wing Sweep Sequence
Last edited:
Thetinman

Thetinman

You see how they pull back wings? Several hydrolic pieces of craft lift and fit into a full delta wing. That's what I saw when it passed over. I could see the slits perfectly even. They were in full delta attack mode.

Thetinman

Thetinman

Mid 80's is when I was in. A trippy time to be in the Air Force. Stationed at Edwards. You talk about some serious secrets back in the 50's. Ancient test locations the works.
It was just that cool...

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
When a $334 million dollar aircraft can be taken out of the sky with a $2k modified mavic mini drone, or something similar, the world becomes a much more complicated place for US Air supremacy.

I've heard them directly overhead multiple times, they are loud, no doubt. But never with Ord dropped.

My guess is that the military pilots use the sonic boom to stun & disrupt the enemy on the ground by any means possible. Simply put, it's a tactical maneuver.

Last edited:
Thetinman

Thetinman

Nope,
Check out my second base I was at RAF Lakenheath in Englend.
We won Libya alone. All clips of past wars are from the F111.
But no on a drone. Cannot reach speed of sound.
So what replaced it...hmmm. well what there now? The new highest used aircraft for all US military. Nothing will ever catch up with technology, will never happen.
Single pilot comes in hot and low, passing directly over target at 800 mph. Passing over, the new electronics pinpoints target automatically and launches new shorty missile backwards striking target in a fraction of a second. Will never lock on for a network to take action. By simply passing over or nearby at ungodly speeds. Blip blip blip blip blip all the radar sites removed in seconds...
Its the F22...
This is what it could be capable of...

Thetinman

Thetinman

2k??? Try 10 million for a cheap one... never gets close to the capacity of weapons carried and targets disintegrated in a few seconds.

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

Well shit! So I need to drop ph? This is the biggest merry go round I have ever seen.
They still look like shit. I dont have a choice. 100 seeds have fried 10 different ways...
This is it. Or I will just shut down. Not getting everything I need obviously.
I didn't say that. Check the ph, and ec of your runoff. If you want health plants, your roots must be able to uptake all essential nutrients.
Your root zone must be in range.

Thetinman

Thetinman

Pulled both lights to the ceiling, both are on now.
The leaves look exactly like the plant is going into flower mode....
Going to 6hrs dark and I hope I can clear this up. Not very much growth.

IMG 20210329 092742 HDR
IMG 20210329 092754 HDR
IMG 20210329 092742 HDR
Thetinman

Thetinman

Bought enough aluminum foil to cover both rooms. Smaller room I will paint the floor and take out table and lay out a wire bottom for the plants, 4x4.
Hang new cmh in there to keep things going.
With no ac, this might be a challenge. Putting up plastic door in door frame. Nail in a couple of pieces of wood, horizontally above and below door. Wire in a couple of computer (110v) fans for in and out, one high one low. And then cross my fingers.
Big room i will also paint floor and hang aluminum foil. (Probably take out black plastic also)
Will put the rest of the girls in 1 gallon pots. Hopefully I will veg till bushy.
Then repot to either 5 or 7 gallon bags.
Hang 4-315CMH lights for large room, then transfer at the same time.
That's the plan anyway.....
T

Thetinman

Thetinman

As you may see, I topped the big girls again last night. Seems to be crowning well. The yellowing is obviously better all the way around.
Also watered babies 2 days ago, the are all dry! So it's time to transfer to 1 gallons asap.
Was able to lower lights a bit, the stretching is drastically reduced.
The 6hrs dark i am sure is responsible.
So keep that in mind folks. Just start out with 6hrs DARK, with CMH lights!

Thetinman

Thetinman

Let's go over what has been found to make a difference with CMH 315 Bulbs and Lights.
#1- Grow Bulbs. I am using 4200k for vegging and 3100k for flowering.
#2- Reflection. Metallic. I am purchasing Vivosun Diamond reflective liner. Will follow up on that.
#3- Keep babies at 6400lux and 1 Gallon pots at 8000lux for green green.
#4- Temp @77-81°.
65RH for plants, 70RH for babies. Using a High Frequency humidifiers.
#5- Co2 @1400ppm.
#6- Dark Lights Out for Minimum of 6 Hours.

Looks like i have come through, into pinpointing the correct methods and finding solutions before jumping ahead being clueless...

Thanks to many folks that have contributed clues and outright answers, to find the right way to use these funky lights. But my goal has been reached, for now.

Smell is present now, they have also had enough sleep to burn off previous days energy. The "green" I was so so looking forward to having in my crops, has been accomplished!

Should be breaking from this thread, getting to long.

Setting up different threads. Using" Vivosun Diamond liner with 315CMH Lights"

Might want to keep up with my threads.... There will be more to see, every time I try something new...

TinMan

Ryboburton

Ryboburton

Seven plants under 630 watts of cmh lec. Whatever you want to call them sunsystems fixtures. Flower bulb but I never change it. Plants are approx three feet tall and second light was added 24 hours ago with a full feed. Fully reflective enclosure.

7EDECA10 5895 4B7A B340 280768D6EDF7
2382D03B 1A44 4773 894A BCB843450AD0
391A6CE7 B4A3 467B AFCA 0ED2DE2F4674
82356B0A 23D2 4018 84D2 488A2B4C15D3
5EAC4A2C 2322 4282 98C1 1E500AABCED1
Thetinman

Thetinman

Daaaamn! Thank you for that input bro!

Still waiting for reflecting materials! They lied.......

Thank you mon,

T

Thetinman

Thetinman

Would you reccomend taking my 4"pots and transplant to 5 gal?

Thetinman

Thetinman

Ok here we go....

Just installed Diamond liner. So easy to do, stuff is nice to work with...

As you can see, my problems simply disappeared...

T

IMG 20210403 230232 HDR
IMG 20210403 230238 HDR
IMG 20210403 230252 HDR
Thetinman

Thetinman

Oh also had to transplant to 1 gallons with the rest....
Used Thrive Alive B vitamin. Soaked for 20 min and planted 4" pots...

T

Latest posts

Top Bottom