HALP! CMH lights- what is going on?

• Thread starter Thetinman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Thetinman

Thetinman

Here we have a more complete room here. Put up the Vivosun Diamond liners, have a few still to hang today...

Lowered my table 13 inches. Have all 4-315cmh lights burning now.

Thetinman

Thetinman

Few pics...

You will notice, the camera is now on auto filtering. The shinyness is due to serious amounts of white light...

Someone suggested I goto a different approach. Using a laser temp gun ($15) and only measure the leaf temp. Well that's just brilliant I say.

Another guy also suggested that lower temps may be the key i to lowering lights. Hmmmm.

The plants seem to enjoy it so far....

Also transplanted 2 days ago, from 4" pots to 1 gallon..

IMG 20210404 202031 HDR
IMG 20210405 100239 HDR
IMG 20210405 100246 HDR
IMG 20210405 100250 HDR
Thetinman

Thetinman

Well,
I have to use these these few insights into lowering lights by keeping a dead eye on temps of leaf.

Then adjusting ac to meet the leaf temp requirements....
That's the plan....

Thetinman

Thetinman

10k for new transplants and 2 big girls. 4 lights are to spread over a 6'x4' area or larger, to fit all 12. Ryboburton used 2 lights in a box using stainless steel for all walls.
He get 2 lbs. Out of 7 plants. So I have 4 lights over 12.

growsince79

growsince79

Well,
I have to use these these few insights into lowering lights by keeping a dead eye on temps of leaf.

Then adjusting ac to meet the leaf temp requirements....
That's the plan....
You use 4 lights to deliver 10k lux then use AC to control the heat. That's fkn brilliant. Why didn't I think of that?

Thetinman

Thetinman

Well past 10k now. Not dropping any more today. Leaf looks really green and happy. Leaf at 78°.

Thetinman

Thetinman

This is to lower lights to a higher lux. But the main objective was to have the proper reflection for side light.
But we are still not on the same page.

These lights will only give so much lux period. A 630cmh is just 2- 315's. I chose to have 2 630's is exactly the same price for 4. But I did so for the spread alone.

I am also using "veg" bulbs with blues. Not normally done that way, every one just uses the "reds" with 3 peaks.

But if you think you can even get 30-40k lux with CMH, its probably not going to happen because they would have to be inches away from canopy.

This is a different grow, I know this. First time with CMH lights, that for some reason have a horrible reputation in some circles.....why?

Might be the lux factor, just not high enough. But again, I am copying Ryboburton as closely as possible. I have no box for 4'x4' reflection. I have a room, to double what he is doing presently. With a few exceptions of trying to make up for the lux losses I will have by simply not using a wall to wall coverage, mine are too spread out.

Thetinman

Thetinman

Sorry, that was 4 315CMH for 2 630cmh lights are the same price total...

growsince79

growsince79

This is to lower lights to a higher lux. But the main objective was to have the proper reflection for side light.
But we are still not on the same page.

These lights will only give so much lux period. A 630cmh is just 2- 315's. I chose to have 2 630's is exactly the same price for 4. But I did so for the spread alone.

I am also using "veg" bulbs with blues. Not normally done that way, every one just uses the "reds" with 3 peaks.

But if you think you can even get 30-40k lux with CMH, its probably not going to happen because they would have to be inches away from canopy.

This is a different grow, I know this. First time with CMH lights, that for some reason have a horrible reputation in some circles.....why?

Might be the lux factor, just not high enough. But again, I am copying Ryboburton as closely as possible. I have no box for 4'x4' reflection. I have a room, to double what he is doing presently. With a few exceptions of trying to make up for the lux losses I will have by simply not using a wall to wall coverage, mine are too spread out.
What's the lux under one light at 18"

Thetinman

Thetinman

The kid or Jr as I call him, talked about getting lights incredibly low by keeping the ac much lower in room, alot lower to meet the leaf temps.

Thetinman

Thetinman

Ha! Screw you, never happen. Might get at 2" eventually when we are looking to harvest. Standard is 4'... but not willing to do that dude. But I will take a lux measurement....

Thetinman

Thetinman

I am looking at maybe 25k right at the end 30k. That's my hope anyways.

Thetinman

Thetinman

Again, this is a "comeback from near death" grow. It's not rotted anywhere, the lights have been very forgiving, not like sodiums.
So I have to take small steps at a time, as I see it, to lower lights for higher lux and shorter stem lengths per node. For tight fat buds. And I am using organics.

Got to be careful, plants must be happy via atmospheric, watering, co2 etc etc..

Thetinman

Thetinman

Ryboburton used 7 plants for 2 POUNDS! Hopefully I will get 4 per harvest on my very best day....

growsince79

growsince79

Again, this is a "comeback from near death" grow. It's not rotted anywhere, the lights have been very forgiving, not like sodiums.
So I have to take small steps at a time, as I see it, to lower lights for higher lux and shorter stem lengths per node. For tight fat buds. And I am using organics.

Got to be careful, plants must be happy via atmospheric, watering, co2 etc etc..
The last thing you need is co2.

Top Bottom