HALP! CMH lights- what is going on?

• Thread starter Thetinman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Thetinman

Thetinman

And no....I dont know why tents would not grow anything...? Do tell...

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

And no....I dont know why tents would not grow anything...? Do tell...
It happens with mostly cheaper tents that are too good to be true on the price tag.
The problem is called "off gassing"
There are toxic fumes that are spread through the tent. Nothing will grow in them.
The same thing could happen with buildings (no explanation of why nothing will grow) You could have toxins in the water (so i suggest trying RO, if you haven't)
Is there another building near you that manufacturers anything?
The CMH, panda film, reflection....They are NOT the problem.
Do you know the ppms of CO2 in the room? I've been through, or seen every issue (or just about). There should be absolutely no reason your plants are not growing.
Are there any pro's on this forum? I mean guys who have been doing this 30+ years?
If you know of any, other than me, ask them, and you'll get the same answer.
Or Google Off gassing and cannabis.
I'm not 100%, but it's the best explanation i can think of, besides bunk seeds

Thetinman

Thetinman

Ok wow! Like living in a mobile home with pressure treated wood. Screwed.
Now R.O. I have used before, with little luck. I dunno the water here is so full 9f crap, they clog up SO QUICKLY. Not great here but not Michigan!
Has an oily taste, just cant drink it. Mexican workers HATE it.
Charcoal filter only for now. Also I am using organics, like 95% of my nutrients. Now get this.
Conventional Wisdom says not to filter at all in this whole area...why you ask?

Because IT DOES MAKE PLANTS GROW BETTER. This has been shown to me. 20 plus growers do that (just at my shop alone) I checked it out, its true.
But really what we are debating is the reflection.
I do not believe its anything else...at this juncture. That's all. Do you just not believe me that the Orca almost killed my plants? The pictures dont lie when you can see the stress just lifting from the room.
So, let me finish what i am doing here to see exactly what I am seeing.
How big of a deal is it to go against CW, to see what's what...?

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

I've never seen panda, Orca, or any other reflective material do anything but help. I stopped using it when I got in the warehouse, as it just becomes a pain to put up, and maintain so much of it.
Ok, I respect what you think the problem is. I just don't understand that thought process?
The more light the better, unless your plsnts get bleached by the light, or burnt.
There are other successful growers in your building?
If that's the case, it's probably not off gasing, unless someone sabotaged the space (there are just bad people, or spiteful)
Your analogy of a trailer was right on.
If it somehow happens to be the reflection from panda film, that would be the 1st I ever heard of that.
You're using a 315 CMH? I'd bet the farm that's not your issue. It's your grow, do what you think you should. I still think you should get everything else checked. The essentials csnnabis needs. Something is way off

Thetinman

Thetinman

That's what I thought too dude! You obviously know your chit. That's why I have found this to be just that, profound.
Lights and bulbs fairly new but have had a proper break in time.
It's not about dis respect...
Its unusual, that's all...

Thetinman

Thetinman

So, what I will do is black out everything first. Then might flip the Orca back to white, in controlled rythem. One wall at a time. That will cut out all the bad reflection and only give Orca a chance.
See what happens...eh

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

I understand. If I moved in a warehouse, and nothing would grow, I'd flip. I wouldn't leave any stone unturned.
Are you using a passive system, or closed C02 style?
Meaning negative pressure in the grow space, to have more air leaving the grow space than coming in

Thetinman

Thetinman

No exit and no entrance. That's the trick here in SoCal. Unfortunately that's another no no. Bugs. If you look up the thread you will see what I am talking about.
But ya, gotta see what will happen. Not using co2 presently. Just to get a solid feel for a base...
Have a 2 burner with Autopilot ppm controller for that when needed...

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Seeing is believing. There is not enough known about CMH to under WHY the reflection is so damn intense? Physics cannot keep up as it is. Can light bend? Not quite yet, but they get closer every day.
Now for instance, If I was an engineer (I am in the world of understanding controlled water Physics) not an engineer, but the information I understand is simply not known. I am a field man. Engineers have used my references into understanding a whole new Hydrolics Theory. It took 2 pros to figure it out, which they eventually did.
And I am exactly right there.
But will I ever be able to show the world about it. NO.
Because THAT FIELD HAS NEVER BEEN UPDATED SINCE THE US NAVY has been in service. 200 years people.
So there is solid science out there that have little chance to go against conventional wisdom...
T

The university of Utah has done extensive testing and deemed the Phillips cmh closest bulb to sunlight and best for plant growth start to finish.

I had no problem growing many plants in a reflective 3x3 tent but it’s intense. Can be hard to manage and keep up. It was easier in my open flower room.

I barely see the problem you are convinced you have but I think it’s mild water stress. It sure is not the light.

Madbud

Madbud

Like i said, i’ve been playing around with this dimmable led. Check out how the reflected light in a white solo cup increases over a clear cup, nearly triples the foot candles. The metal halide lights had diffuser lenses that i used the first couple weeks, it was either that or move them four feet above.

1EBFED91 5AF4 4689 BF5E 1E45325D2F28
4302068C 8DF4 46F5 811F 57A464A79C4B
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Like i said, i’ve been playing around with this dimmable led. Check out how the reflected light in a white solo cup increases over a clear cup, nearly triples the foot candles. The metal halide lights had diffuser lenses that i used the first couple weeks, it was either that or move them four feet above.
Your sensor angles are different

Thetinman

Thetinman

Extremely interesting. Now there is water stress, but seem to vanish only after I started blacking out walls. The comeback is severe. It's the light reflection off the pressed bubble wrap.
But, I did use Orca, and almost wiped all out withing an hour at the same exact lux? Yes that happened. Now I blacked out second half of room. A few leaves up top had started curling. It's still the reflection at bottom of wall! 8 can see it reflecting onto those 2 leaves only on one side.
So when I get the bottoms done, I will bet, those will straightened out also. It is worth a try...

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Exactly! The ridges of the wrapping keep spiking the plant.
No your sensor position is not the same height or angle and thats why you are getting different readings... but yeah I mean carry on the testing and see what ya find out.

Thetinman

Thetinman

Now I do wobble the meter to get the highest ratings. So flat and trying to wobble a bit to get the highest reading. Flat seems to work well, but, it weird that a walk around the table, when ridges were showing AND Even when I look down off the sides where plastic is not installed below the tray. Still makes lux spike and lower, comming from the ridges...wow!

Thetinman

Thetinman

I don't have your kind of sensor. But reflection with HPS WORKS! I have used Orca for years using HPS. But here in the desert, and with bad reflection from this silver bubble wrap might be the cause.
But do remember, when I get the plastic up, I will flip certain Orca sheets over to bright side.

Thetinman

Thetinman

And then there is no bad reflection from any where. Orca just by itself, like 3' of it will cover a normal reflection height for lights. Then we can take all unknowns out when it come to lights alone, then go from there....

Madbud

Madbud

Sorry for all the edits but that last one with black tape eats the light up. Hard to show but the difference between backgrounds is obviously significant.

Top Bottom