HALP! CMH lights- what is going on?

• Thread starter Thetinman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Thetinman

Thetinman

From a 30+ year grower under HPS, I will again say LED's have blown my yield numbers out of the water. In a 4 X 8 space I was averaging around 65-66 oz under 2 HPS- with my highest yield around 78 oz. a few times. Under 2 LED's, I'm now averaging almost 105 oz a crop and about to go over 100 oz in my current crop.

The even light spread of a 43 inch X 44 inch fixture, works wonders when you are able to maintain an even and thick canopy.

View attachment 1106534
Well you use the same reflection. Cool...

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Over the years it has taken its toll on my life. I left the east coast 7 years ago and came to Cali, my birthplace.
But, have never had the money to get serious. Could have done smaller grows, but that's not what I wanted to do. Slowly with little money, I have gotten it to the point where I could buy all the expensive stuff, as soon as my PTSD monies went through.
They did, several months ago. Purchased what was needed to finish off.
Bought over 100 seeds, what you see, is the last of those seeds! I could NOT get anything to grow past a certain point and they kept a yellowing till they were dead. Used 400 watt HPS with parabolic hoods. Never had problems before.....
Changed to 1 single CMH then I saw the green I have been chasing for 15 YEARS!
But it has cost me plenty, including my marriage.....
Just need to take it a bit slower bro... plants like stability.. don't chase the best grow imaginable and concentrate on a slow steady healthy plant and make small improvements as you go until you get there.

Changing to many things to fast will almost certainly cause you issues. 1 small change at a time and giving time for that change to show results is the key

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
Just need to take it a bit slower bro... plants like stability.. don't chase the best grow imaginable and concentrate on a slow steady healthy plant and make small improvements as you go until you get there.

Changing to many things to fast will almost certainly cause you issues. 1 small change at a time and giving time for that change to show results is the key
Diagnosis by process of adjustments. 👊
untill you’ve perfected the art.

Thetinman

Thetinman

If there are any manufacturers out there, have a look, for a suggestion...

Have a flat box, trim folds open. Have a ping pong ball at the end of a telescoping arm. Place end into trifold box. Box, now triangle, has a screen sitting 45° upward, to see measurements of lux, 360° from a BALL not a flat 1/4 of a ball.
Gets the whole room and adds up everything too...

Ryboburton

Ryboburton

That wss the strangest chit I've ever heard of. CMH were just coming around whrn I left the game, and there was a giant marketing campaign for LED's.
Until proven wrong (seeing is believing) nothing produces flowers like HPS. I see a lot of pretty, frosty buds on the threads since I've come back around, but the yields haven't been what I'm used to seeing. And oh yeah, I produced some of the highest tested, prettiest colas I've ever seen.
The pics on the buds look great, Until I see the dried flowers fit on the top of mason jars.
I do remember they started making 630 W CMH (something in the 600 range)
Is it because of the cost of electricity? The heat? Or did the marketing do its job?
As for your, or any grow, I'd paint my room rainbow if it made my plants healthy. So apparently reflective material does something I have no explanation for?
I'm just glad you got things going again.
I will have to do my due diligence on the new technology, as I'll never say I know everything. Those who know everything, can't learn anything.
So, dispite my confusion with your situation, I learned I need to learn more about these new lights.
I gotta keep an open mind to all this.
What got me...The light plants can't use, they disregard (like green light). In my world, the more light the better (unless you're burning, or bleaching) So congrats on solving your issue. Hopefully in 10-12 weeks I'll see some nice bud, and a happy, successful grower!
Good luck
My plants under two cmh 315. End of flower six plants. 4x4 footprint. All stainless and reflective.

E9E2AA2E DF14 4112 A93B C3911CD4783C
98B1D850 4724 4067 8910 BBF0FD140F67
675FBD18 9AB0 448D 9F4F D8DD092A557F
13572C1A 38C2 4806 AC93 B3D8607B2E7B
B055B8EA 2DE6 4ABD B04E 34E001B7CC94
2CC07204 BC9E 484D 91EF 50DBDA672AF9
A7AD0210 34D8 4BA2 88B3 38638D710365
482A6843 D46A 476C BBE5 7BB793BD26BE
Thetinman

Thetinman

Not moved today...c'mon your sleep walking again. Did you catch up with ur workload yet....
Go back several pages and relook. I just got them to reflect on dull side of aluminum foil.
So I referenced your ss box as a working success...

Thetinman

Thetinman

Gaddammit.
Closing gaps in minddumps. Pasting over 12 different light sources for nights.
Dumbass. You can read by the one on the ac system alone.
Woke up looking like shit again. Too cold. Heating mat under seedlings, PUCK!
The ac system is being a pain in the ass! No choices there, hope mat will cover that!
To hot during day, plastic. Too cold at night, probably plastic again! My ass it itching. This is where you feel like trashing all of it, I had done many times before. There probably rotting....

Thetinman

Thetinman

And then I see brand new white roots comming out of every bottom. What the fuk....?
Die already. Now I HAVE to remove all plastic immediately, paint the damn floor, rent a truck buy insulation bring it in, tack to walls, get rid of table and tray....
Just to get this shit to grow. No wonder people are pissed. Its simply not worth the effort.

Thetinman

Thetinman

Cant commit to doing complete room with new boarding. Its getting too hot as it is.
Now guys, if you are NOT PRESENTLY USING CMH BULBS, temporarily stop making suggestions to rooms that you have that do NOT have CMH lights with in the room. Not helping.

Thetinman

Thetinman

I must have the shit that is working presently with CMH. Getting confused on exactly what info is solid, not guesswork...please.

Madmax

Madmax

My rooms only 90cmx1.50mtrs.my light is more concentrated than your room at 34 ' near 30,000 lux and they are fine..they show slight tacoeing same as yours.thats just the intensity of the light..

Thetinman

Thetinman

Aw christ!
So, I need to purchase a few 8x4 boards of HD foam boards (no truck, pain in the ass!) hang on existing sweet spots 4' wide. Before I commit to do all the room.
What I have not reviewed, is my second room for clones up to 1 gallon plants. Have to do that too, but it turns into a project of moving air in and out, an additional(!) 315 light etc etc. No ac wat a bummer.
But, it has not been brought up, about one MAJOR factor we ALL missed.
It's not the right bulb. Red and Blue. Flew over my head but I knew this since I heard about them.
4200k is fer veg and 3000k is for flowering...
Jesus......
Bought 2 4200 bulbs, be here Saturday.

Top Bottom