Happy Frog Japanese Maple Organic Fertilizer for Sour D

• Thread starter CrippledArcher
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CrippledArcher

CrippledArcher

Since my state is behind the times,Local places here don't have desired nutes. In the store the other day and ran across this and wondering if this would be a good for and outdoor 5 Foot mother that we wanted to try out. She has been outside for two weeks and Jesus there is nothing better than the SUN. Holy shit she is a beast. Does anyone see and issue with using this ?

Chobble

Chobble

Your really better off with your own soil mixture. If anything get a bag of worm castings and perlite and go 50% 50%. Then tossing in some guano/kelp and you have a good soil.

The PH is probably a little different then most soil mixes in that one because its for a maple.

Chobble

vaporedout

vaporedout

go with what chobble said, i checked out the soil though, doesnt look bad if thats ALL you can get... but i remember it being pretty pricey at the store...

OctoberDee

OctoberDee

No issue probably using it but it's not really formulated for "vegetables" which is what you'd really want. No one eats Acer Palmatums (Jap. Map. tree) and that fertilizer may leave a funny taste to your smoke. I'd say do your own soil mix too. That stuff isn't bad but not too good either. I always worry about time released nutrients because they take a while to become available for usage by the plant. Buy some worm castings or worm compost with some decent organic store bought soil and perlite, you'd be way better off price-wise and your plant will thank you for it.

CrippledArcher

CrippledArcher

Thanks for the replies, She is already in a 5 gallon smart pot, with FFOF mixed with FF Potting soil,EWC and added perlite. This is a top feed only method I was considering. I have a few indoor under my belt but the cost to constantly feed her my roots nutes would be costly.Plus no telling about pest I have yet to deal with. I may just stick with the Happy Frog Steamed Bone-meal and So-Po-Mag and scrap the (Jap. Map.)

SmokeyPipes

SmokeyPipes

If outdoor,try using some Dr. Earths Bud and Bloom booster for flowering! Stuff works great and is what I use for all my plants including my veggies!

CrippledArcher

CrippledArcher

Well I think she has a long way for that she is about 3 months old, she was a mom(indoor).She has provided many kids, so I wanted her to live out her life in the SUN :) I guess living in the middle of the US I got to keep her alive and well until October or later.

CrippledArcher

CrippledArcher

Oh It also has a tea recipe on the bag too,Just says add to water let sit 24/48 hours remove solids and water.

Latest posts

Top Bottom