How to dry cannabis in 7 days?

• Thread starter StudentGreen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

StudentGreen

what temp and humidity do I need in my dry room to be able to have dry buds in 7 days. 2 days after the 7 day dry I will be flying away on Holliday so I need to dry in 7 days.

My room is sealed so should be able to hit any targeted temps and humidities.

Thatoneguyyouknow_

Thatoneguyyouknow_

That depends entirely on the terp content and which terpines are most prevalent.

Those oldschool plants that smelled and tasted like pine sol, you could dry that stuff in a food dehydrator and it still tasted great and got you baked, but it would burn like crap.

You can dry gelato in 7 days and itll smoke and taste just fine, but gelato has very stable terpenes. And it'll still be harsh from un broken down chlorphyl and cellulose, but itll fade as it cures. You can take a chunk of gelato off a half dry branch of throw it in a volcano whip and itll taste fine and get you baked after the first couple steamy hits.

Most modern genetics, no, not really if you want to preserve the flavor quality of your work. The most common terp profiles around are largely quite volatile. The harshness will still fade with cure time, and the burn quality will come in, even if dried that quickly, but drying to fast or too warm can seriously mess up a terp profile if its largely more volatile terps.

Regardless what you do to dry it, cure time is necessary to help the thc-a decarb into delta-9 thc, and this is largely the reason buds seem more potent after curing. That and once cellulose begins to break down, the flower burns at a lower temperature as well.

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
The room where dry is between 60-70º and 50% RH. We cut the colas off the plant and dry them on a rack, in a tent, with circulation and exhaust fans. That usually dries an average size plant in 5 to 7 days.

S

StudentGreen

wow didn’t know 7 days is way too less, but everyone here is in agreement that it is way too less for drying cannabis.

What would you guys say is a minimum then for a top quality dry? The 60 60 I guess lol

I’m sure Ive watched a few videos of commercial growers stating they dry in 7 days 🤷‍♂️

P

Phyto

The problem is, that curing stops at about 55% RH and so if the initial dry is less than that, it’s storage, not curing. Once the bio action of curing stops, rehydrating won’t restart it. Very little decarboxlation (conversion of thca to delta 9) occurs during curing. It takes heat in the 200 degree plus range. Terpenes will be seriously degraded in a fast cure.

S

StudentGreen

I’m away for 14 days, however I feel a little uncomfortable leaving them unattended for that long, especially the fact that I live in the uk……

Only other thing I could do is transport them to another facility where they can be attended to but wouldn’t want to destroy the plants by putting them in big bin bags

Natep

Natep

wow didn’t know 7 days is way too less, but everyone here is in agreement that it is way too less for drying cannabis.

What would you guys say is a minimum then for a top quality dry? The 60 60 I guess lol

I’m sure Ive watched a few videos of commercial growers stating they dry in 7 days 🤷‍♂️
I do no less than 14 days at 60% rh my temp is usually about 70-75 degrees.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
I’m away for 14 days, however I feel a little uncomfortable leaving them unattended for that long, especially the fact that I live in the uk……

Only other thing I could do is transport them to another facility where they can be attended to but wouldn’t want to destroy the plants by putting them in big bin bags
i’ve had plenty of plants hanging for 3 weeks based on laziness (haha) and controlling the environment more so,..
i have to hide most of it from friends as it’s the best around!,..

S

StudentGreen

What do you think about transporting them to another facility as soon as I harvest them.
Would it damage the plants?
Cause Mould?
Squash the buds?

I can definitely do the 60 / 60 in the other facility which is a 5 minute drive away.

S

StudentGreen

I should add that I’ll be putting them in bags and knotting them so they don’t stink out my city whilst I move them lol. Was just concerned that if they are in a concealed bag like that and are wet may cause me damp issues….

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
yes 60/60 is ideally perfect and if you can set it like that and just have a small amount of air moving in the room it should turn out beautiful,.

I should add that I’ll be putting them in bags and knotting them so they don’t stink out my city whilst I move them lol. Was just concerned that if they are in a concealed bag like that and are wet may cause me damp issues….
well more handling equals more trichomes being damaged.,

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
They wouldn't be in the bags very long, though. It doesn't seem you have much choice. Getting them to a good drying facility seems like your best option. Just be careful during transport.

Top Bottom