Happy June!

• Thread starter caregiverken
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
you could also shield the pots with something like cardboard or a white plastic bag, or something and water them often to keep the roots cooler

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
View attachment 413057 Grape invaders dont like 108° good thing I checked on em and moved em to the shade.....White fire bagseed is more tolerant as of now
Those black pots get hot in the sun and warm up the soil..
can you put them in bigger pots?
Not yet maybe eventually though, hard timing right now
Let me and Ken save you some heartache and trouble NOW. You NEED to get those pots covered with something white, NOW. You *will* find dead plants if you try to keep them in the sun as they need and don't do something about the heat generated in the root zone. Paper will work, paint will work, hell, I've even cut up old empty soil bags (which are great for reusing as another planting container, by the by) and taped those to the pots to help reflect that heat back out. It *will* kill, I've done it myself.

geologic

geologic

Old Pharmer
Supporter
Cd1a

Cd1b

Fourth Pruning--
Sixteen Mainstems...

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

are you in pots?
I wish I could put em In the ground but im at a rental:( and was thinking if it got contreversial or became a problem i could move em but there in 20 gal trash cans that are too heavy for me to move em in and out already and the nights are close to freezing (high elevation)to just not good for me to be trying to grow outdoor without a greenhouse of my own renting sucks ... oh well i still had to try but im going to be having to keep it down to a lil tent inside....ill keep dreaming.....

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

[quote="geologic, post: 1271830, member: 43443if ]That does not sound good...[/quote]
Its not a nice grow situation just had to see If something could harden off to the situation.....these plants are tough but but not that resilient on the positive side three outnof eight are green and might finish but the other five look like their dying or stunted

geologic

geologic

Old Pharmer
Supporter
[quote="geologic, post: 1271830, member: 43443if ]That does not sound good...
Its not a nice grow situation just had to see If something could harden off to the situation.....these plants are tough but but not that resilient on the positive side three outnof eight are green and might finish but the other five look like their dying or stunted[/quote]

================================================

Stuff happens,
don't get discouraged;
it's only June 18--
when's yer first frost???...

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Hot root zones have and are killing my plants
Killed 2doz my very first grow. Got hard yellowing, was on RIU at that time. Was told by a former mod that they needed N (and that all plants need is NPK and water). So, I added N. Burned the living SHIT out of 'em. Then another cat contacted me and told me what was *really* going on--those black nursery pots were cooking the roots--told me how to straighten it out and he saved the rest of my garden.

So! My advice to you is to save those soil and amendment bags, the ones that are white on the inside. Cut 'em open so you make a nice, big piece of plastic and attach it to the exterior of the pots. I've used leftover telephone wire, the green stuff for making bonsai, and tape. Wire's actually better because the sun won't melt or degrade it off. If you don't have the bags, white paper will work. Basically anything white, even spray paint (yes, I have done it).

Get to it!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Well? Are you going to do what I suggested and get those black buckets covered with something white? That would really help resolve heat issues.

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

I'm stalling to try to get them in the ground I should probably get something white around em until then though....:mad:
Thanks again!

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Ya and limp like droubt or overwatered...
looks like you have plenty of pearlite for drainage so thats good.
maybe, put more holes in the trash cans.
When its hot. you need to be able to water everyday
You could cover the cans with anything..even if its not white..
BubbaKon620

Thats a Bubba kush clone i cut last august.and left in a beer cup for months...lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom