Harlequin Has Brown Spots Blotches On Leaves After Baking Soda For Pm

• Thread starter MISS KITTY
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MISS KITTY

MISS KITTY

wander why .. hi all ,,im new here so take it easy on me .lol ,,, whats going on .. appeared today ,, 8/29 . baking soda mixture 2 days ago .

Brown spotsjpg
Harlequin has brown spots blotches on leaves after baking soda for pm 2
DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Looks like there is still pm at the top left of the second pic
Defoliation will help your main buds grow bigger, small leafy bottom buds just use up energy that the top buds could be using.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
I would say Ca from your description but only a full plant pic can get an accurate diagnosis.

MISS KITTY

MISS KITTY

Looks like there is still pm at the top left of the second pic
Defoliation will help your main buds grow bigger, small leafy bottom buds just use up energy that the top buds could be using.
hi thank you info amanda

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
6 tablespoons of organic apple cider vinegar in a quart of water in a spray bottle will kill pm and keep it from returning until it rains and washes the vinegar away
Tumblr n68ppzSuGb1s3md61o1 400

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

Looked at the pictures closely the second time.

I finally saw TGS mold tge doc was talking about.

In the too pic. I also saw a HOLE in a leaf. You may have some insect damage too.

Trixxi

Trixxi

I have used apple cider vinegar ... Don't waste your time it just keeps the PM at bay. Spray leaves directly with hydrogen peroxide! This is from my experience gardening for a large recreational grow with over 30 infected plants at a time. Use peroxide, remove infected leaves. If you can, heat up your grow room for 2 hours at 120 and it is unlikely to ever return if you keep doing sound gardening practices. I used 10ml of 34% H202 in a gallon of water in a pump sprayer. Spraying every other day!

Trixxi

Trixxi

neem is more preventative for pm not really a good pm eliminator.

Are you growing outside? If so thin the plant a bit with the pm leaves. Spray peroxide and remove all infected leaves. Pm grows in spaces that do not get enough light so just cut off all your popcorn cheater buds cause those are pm magnets. Spray your neem on the uninfected plants. Thin plants to prevent shade in the canopy. Only spray in the morning so the plants have time to dry in between sprays.

If you are growing indoors I suggest a total space clean. Clean all tools and plant areas with peroxide or bleach. Thin plants like I mentioned earlier. Spray peroxide all the way up to harvest is fine as long as spraying properly and giving plants plenty of time to dry. Peroxide is not photosensitive so can spray with your grow lights on.

Pm spores spread quickly and easily so removing all infected leaves is imperative to prevent other plants from getting infected with pm.

At the commercial grow where I work our harlequin strain was hardy and usually more pm resistant than cinex, blueberry kush and strawberry ice.

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
I see a lot of advice telling you to remove the effected leaves. This is probably good advice.
What I would like to point out is that PM is a systemic disease, meaning that it's in the cells of your plant way before you ever see the fruiting bodies on the leaves. PM it not on a plant- it is in a plant.
I'm probably not helping any but I just wanted to put that out there. Best of luck. Peace

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil

Are you growing outside? If so thin the plant a bit with the pm leaves. Spray peroxide and remove all infected leaves. Pm grows in spaces that do not get enough light so just cut off all your popcorn cheater buds cause those are pm magnets. Spray your neem on the uninfected plants. Thin plants to prevent shade in the canopy. Only spray in the morning so the plants have time to dry in between sprays.

If you are growing indoors I suggest a total space clean. Clean all tools and plant areas with peroxide or bleach. Thin plants like I mentioned earlier. Spray peroxide all the way up to harvest is fine as long as spraying properly and giving plants plenty of time to dry. Peroxide is not photosensitive so can spray with your grow lights on.

Pm spores spread quickly and easily so removing all infected leaves is imperative to prevent other plants from getting infected with pm.

At the commercial grow where I work our harlequin strain was hardy and usually more pm resistant than cinex, blueberry kush and strawberry ice.

If you use one spray bottle of diluted peroxide and one bottle of diluted white vinegar spraying one on top of the other before wiping clean, it supercharges the peroxide making it work faster and better. Never spray this mix on plants, it will bleach hair clothing and skin so wear gloves and avoid getting the mix on you or fabrics and avoid breathing it.

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

I'm not officially a grower yet. I will grow next spring.

I was going to add Neem for insect Control.

Trixxi

Trixxi

I see a lot of advice telling you to remove the effected leaves. This is probably good advice.
What I would like to point out is that PM is a systemic disease, meaning that it's in the cells of your plant way before you ever see the fruiting bodies on the leaves. PM it not on a plant- it is in a plant.
I'm probably not helping any but I just wanted to put that out there. Best of luck. Peace
Thank you for bringing that up!!

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
Thank you for bringing that up!!
You are very welcome.
Adding one crushed tablet of 325mg aspirin / gallon of water or nutrient solution will help boost the plant's immune system. Aspirin contains salicylic acid, a natural immune system booster and anti inflammatory. The 325 milligram aspirin tablet will not affect the pH of your water or your nutrient solution. Best of luck. Peace

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Many folks learn the hard way--any time you treat the PM fruiting bodies, the leaf underneath will die.

MISS KITTY

MISS KITTY

I would say Ca from your description but only a full plant pic can get an accurate diagnosis.
wander why .. hi all ,,im new here so take it easy on me .lol ,,, whats going on .. appeared today ,, 8/29 . baking soda mixture 2 days ago .
THX EVERYONE ,FOR YOUR INPUT ,, YOUR A GREAT GROUP OF GROWERS . TRIMMED OUT BAD LEAVES ,ETC . HOPE KEEP PROBS AT BAY TILL HARVEST TIME ,,,,,,,AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ,, LIKE SAYING NO 1 SAID IT BE EASY ,,, FROM GOPHERS TO BUGS TO PM ETC ,,,

Top Bottom