Harvesting Microbes

• Thread starter Homesteader
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Homesteader

Homesteader

I now just bring the forest to my bag and fill the bags completely with forest duff and leaves. I firmly believe in the benefits of tannins on plant growth but aside from that it give the bottom of the bag a layer of separation which benefits air/root. By the end of the grow most of these leaves will be almost totally consumed by fungi and macro

IMG 20220312 181814
legitness

legitness

I don't think the colors of the microbes are really an indication but I don't think you are going to get bad microbes this way either. When you say bad microbes....not sure if plants see it that way ...could be more of a shock if all introduced at once but, looking at soil bacteria it's more of danger to the lungs on the human. More microbes could present more of a danger there but for the plant, as long as pH is stable, I don't see microbes doing much bad. The pH may spike or drop though using microbes imo so that's why I would add slowly
Been research cause this boggles me
Ur wrong but right
The color does in fact indicate what you have if it’s good or bad
But what you have is liquid gold

purple non sulphur bacterias
Photosynthesis bacteria’s man the sunlight germ

However, they hardly form blooms with sufficiently high concentration to be visible without enrichment techniques.

Purple bacteria are involved in the biogeochemical cycles of different nutrients. In fact they are able to photoautotrophically fix carbon, or to consume it photoheterotrophically; in both cases in anoxic conditions. However the most important role is played by consuming hydrogen sulphide: a highly toxic substance for plants, animals and other bacteria. In fact, the oxidation of hydrogen sulphide by purple bacteria produces non-toxic forms of sulfur, such as elemental sulfur and sulphate.[8]
In addition, almost all non-sulfur purple bacteria are able to fix nitrogen (N2+8H+--->2NH3+H2),[27] and Rba Sphaeroides, an alpha proteobacter, is capable of reducing nitrate to molecular nitrogen by denitrification.[28]

PNSB have the potential to enhance plant growth performance, increase the yield and quality of edible plant biomass, boost the resistance to environmental stresses, bioremediate heavy metals and mitigate greenhouse gas emissions.

Last edited:
shaganja

shaganja

I have to give this dude his due props as well as Dr Cho.
I used his technique using molasses and water. There is also the brown sugar 1:1 technique. Which do you think has better reproduction rate?

Homesteader

Homesteader

I used his technique using molasses and water. There is also the brown sugar 1:1 technique. Which do you think has better reproduction rate?
I think the microbes essentially are after mainly the carbon in the sugars so im not sure it matters which type although one may have more, they just care that there is enough CNP and S

Last edited:
Top Bottom