Harvesting revegging and harvesting again?

• Thread starter Foutwenty71
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
BAH! I HAVE QUESTIONS!
I'll get lost so I'll have to mix into ur msg

Grafting... I've done a couple of experiments but with only three strains. I did NOT like the way it ended up, the quality of the clones OR the plant so I flowered it all, came back with some not so great bud. But that's the way experiments go. Other growers are TOTALLY all about multi strain grafting. I'm not so good at it.

I like to watch for both males and hermies from premium seeds. Eg. I have HSC's Squirt and Purple Mountain Majesty going, 3 of each. Squirt is all fem. I'm hoping for a male or hermie out of Purple Mountain Majesty. If I get a male, I'm crossing it with one of the Squirt fems and making a pile seeds so that I have a seedbank of "Purple Squirt" <-- lol! Squirt already has purple mixed into it. PPM will push more purple into the strain plus give me the terps and flavor Squirt is known for. Should be some danky stanky for sure. If one of the PPMs hermies, I just scored fem seeds for PPM for the next decade. That would be helpful lol :)

Dirt for me is all about simplicity. I give them the optimum in nutrients, root space, light, etc. But I prefer to keep it nice and gentle. And move the plant from stage to stage with as little stress as possible. Sure they get shocked here and there with root maintenance during transplanting and extreme training when necessary, but they get over it rather quickly.

Anything I know that you want to know, just ask. The most fascinating part of this for me is training for yield and long term bonsai mothers.

What's REALLY fucked up is our house burned last year due to a short from a rewire job we had done by a licensed GC. Shorted out at the box and burned it down from the middle out. I lost my bonsai collection... all of it. There was nothing but ashes left in my grow room. I really didn't feel like growing shit until I started paying dispensary prices for weed. It was fun at first but was like HELLA expensive. My wife kind of gave me "that stare" and said "You know what? You should really grow something. This is fucking expensive." And that was that.

So I called a buddy of mine and asked him what he had around that he could spare a clone of. A week later I went over to hang out and he had already rooted an old strain White Widow clone for me. Nursed that one along. Took a half dozen clones from it and sent it into flowering. Then went back to the dispensary for more weed, had studied the HSC lines and picked the three I wanted.

Pineapple Muffin went down first. RAPID seed germination dude. All 3 in 24 hours popped. And then all 3 turned out to be fem. And then the fucking plants started auto flowering a month and a half into it. That's freaky coming out of a non-auto strain. I have a half dozen clones of that one. Hopefully one of them will react differently, but I doubt it.

The PPM and Squirt went down last. They are just seedlings at this point. If I can get bonsais out of 3 of the 4, then I'll be happy with it. Then I'll pick the next 4 strains and do it all over again.

Rebuilding sucks, but then again, it's kind of fun. I get to re-make my line up. It will take a couple of years, but I'll be back to 6 - 12 bonsai mommas again, able to pick and choose what I feel like growing but with PLENTY of options.

bigslimdawg79

bigslimdawg79

i dunno why anyone would re veg a plant i was taught from day one thats some nonsense my 2 c

Foutwenty71

Foutwenty71

i dunno why anyone would re veg a plant i was taught from day one thats some nonsense my 2 c
... Well a lot has changed with all this new information out.. some plants are obviously capable of doing it and the results are undeniable in my eyes... I don't see a single thing wrong with this plant... No obvious deficiencies,,, good growth rate and the same stink that it was putting off before when I finished her off the first time...if you scour some old issues from 20 years ago in high times magazine that's where the seed was planted in my head a giant tree out in Australia.. as big as a small garage the article said it put out an average of 10 pounds a season and was at least 10 years old that's where I got the idea from many many years ago... so it's been done before there's just not much info out there about it

Foutwenty71

Foutwenty71

This one here is 28 days after harvest... You just can't cut the lowest branches and I don't know that for sure yet I've only done it three times.. one of them died the first one but that was completely my fault
IMG 20200629 092423458
IMG 20200629 092345695

Foutwenty71

Foutwenty71

I've been growing for myself since my early 20's, almost 30 years. But I'm definitely not a pro. Had a great mentor. Definitely a dirt guy. I've done tons of hydro but... I prefer dirt. Let me show you a couple of "alt methods" that a lot of people don't do. Works for me. Might not work for you. Just a different take on things I guess.

I'm an old hippie. Bald now but whatever lol. But I like variety. And sometimes I like the classics like Jack Herrer and White Widow, NL #5 and Cali Orange. Other times I do Gorilla Glue x Your Momma's Ass or wtf ever is the latest rage. The trouble with having had a LOT of good smoke is... I like A LOT of variety. So I started making my momma plants into the real deal bonsai. That way, under a 4 x 2 light, I can hold 12+ varieties at a time. Lots of people say "Bro.... DON'T fuck with the roots." Yep it adds stunt time. But the end result is a very healthy plant that will stay in veg for years if cared for properly. And they are clone machines. This one is being trained in the "traditional" bonsai hi/low technique. When it's done, there will be only top side shoots with the two main growth shoots on the left and right remaining. The longer both sides get, the more clone sites I have. Each time I clone, 2 more come back. It's like a never ending tree of life lol :)

View attachment 993006

The project I decided to do for this year's grow is WW from the classics and a 3 strain HSC experiment. This is HSC's Pineapple Muffin on this thread: https://www.thcfarmer.com/threads/grow-3-pineapple-muffin-hsc-beans.114141/#post-2442960 There is a video near the top. Check that weird thing out.

I have 3 of these plus another mother growing. The other two are indica dominant and I'm letting them grow "naturally"... single cola 2 - 3 growth nodes under the cola.

On this weird beast... it was going to be a momma. But it won't stop flowering and this isn't an auto flower strain. I put it under 24/7 for a total of two weeks. It slowed and then BOOM off it went again over the past few days. It's blowing out pistels faster than a whore on a dick train under 24/7... wtf. So... it's going into a flowering cycle tomorrow.

It's topped. Then all of the branches were trained straight out from the stalk. The ends have been allowed to curl up and will no longer be restricted/straightened. This allows for cola like growth on the ends of each branch, similar to what you'd expect from 'super cropping'. I do this with all of my sativa dominant plants but leave the main growth shoot in place so that I have a good chance at a monster cola. But... I've never done it with an Indica for "production" until now.

I'm also looking for what would be little nugs forming a big cola to turn into tighter taller bigger nugs growing straight up instead of hugging the stalk. Not saying it's a better technique or anything. It's just an experiment.
I've been doing similar things on and off for a few years.... Turns out what I've been doing is called LST I never knew that before I came here.. this one in the picture is my bonsai I had the branch of spread out further but I remove some of the hooks because the buds are filling in and I figured the weight of the buds would do the rest... This is the one I was having problems with the yellow leaves
IMG 20200629 092307449
IMG 20200629 092255673

I'm not going to bother trying to reveg this one, maybe one of her clones I will

DreamsOfDiesel

DreamsOfDiesel

i never thought to do that

does that help the clones take hold, sooner?

the deficiency of running lean when u take em? or what's happening there?
Some people spray their leaves with water or something to leach N outta particular area & take clone there, I just starve the whole thing cuz I'm mean lol

DreamsOfDiesel

DreamsOfDiesel

Grafting... I've done a couple of experiments but with only three strains. I did NOT like the way it ended up, the quality of the clones OR the plant so I flowered it all, came back with some not so great bud. But that's the way experiments go. Other growers are TOTALLY all about multi strain grafting. I'm not so good at it.

I like to watch for both males and hermies from premium seeds. Eg. I have HSC's Squirt and Purple Mountain Majesty going, 3 of each. Squirt is all fem. I'm hoping for a male or hermie out of Purple Mountain Majesty. If I get a male, I'm crossing it with one of the Squirt fems and making a pile seeds so that I have a seedbank of "Purple Squirt" <-- lol! Squirt already has purple mixed into it. PPM will push more purple into the strain plus give me the terps and flavor Squirt is known for. Should be some danky stanky for sure. If one of the PPMs hermies, I just scored fem seeds for PPM for the next decade. That would be helpful lol :)

Dirt for me is all about simplicity. I give them the optimum in nutrients, root space, light, etc. But I prefer to keep it nice and gentle. And move the plant from stage to stage with as little stress as possible. Sure they get shocked here and there with root maintenance during transplanting and extreme training when necessary, but they get over it rather quickly.

Anything I know that you want to know, just ask. The most fascinating part of this for me is training for yield and long term bonsai mothers.

What's REALLY fucked up is our house burned last year due to a short from a rewire job we had done by a licensed GC. Shorted out at the box and burned it down from the middle out. I lost my bonsai collection... all of it. There was nothing but ashes left in my grow room. I really didn't feel like growing shit until I started paying dispensary prices for weed. It was fun at first but was like HELLA expensive. My wife kind of gave me "that stare" and said "You know what? You should really grow something. This is fucking expensive." And that was that.

So I called a buddy of mine and asked him what he had around that he could spare a clone of. A week later I went over to hang out and he had already rooted an old strain White Widow clone for me. Nursed that one along. Took a half dozen clones from it and sent it into flowering. Then went back to the dispensary for more weed, had studied the HSC lines and picked the three I wanted.

Pineapple Muffin went down first. RAPID seed germination dude. All 3 in 24 hours popped. And then all 3 turned out to be fem. And then the fucking plants started auto flowering a month and a half into it. That's freaky coming out of a non-auto strain. I have a half dozen clones of that one. Hopefully one of them will react differently, but I doubt it.

The PPM and Squirt went down last. They are just seedlings at this point. If I can get bonsais out of 3 of the 4, then I'll be happy with it. Then I'll pick the next 4 strains and do it all over again.

Rebuilding sucks, but then again, it's kind of fun. I get to re-make my line up. It will take a couple of years, but I'll be back to 6 - 12 bonsai mommas again, able to pick and choose what I feel like growing but with PLENTY of options.
You can stress most strains enough to stress herm, I havent gotten my gmo sourdubb x wilson to herm yet but it worked on the sour diesel & white lightning. Just freak them out as bad as you can with nutrient & environment issues without killing them & a lot of strains will start throwing nanners at you

DreamsOfDiesel

DreamsOfDiesel

Mostly to save a particular plant that you dont have a clone of for whatever reason, some people do it for fun, some people just want that extra harvest out of them, to each their own

DreamsOfDiesel

DreamsOfDiesel

I didnt know most of the stuff I did had names lol, been a while before this year that I've grown but they've apparently started naming training methods & stuff now. So many times I've been like 'oh, what's that? I should try it. Oh I already do that' hahaha

DreamsOfDiesel

DreamsOfDiesel

yup

that's one of the first things i have to stress about

no ocd defol half way through...

I'm trying... gotta let me at least pull a few!

dod acts like it's not a problem for her

but if you've ever watched her trim

ain't alot of fan leaves!
My ocd trimming is what helped me fail the 1st reveg plant I tried, clones have worked well for reveg. I had to be excessive on trimming this year, 1st pm then humidity & heat, ugh terrible time this year figuring out these tents & leds & new strains, basements & hids were what I knew before this year

DreamsOfDiesel

DreamsOfDiesel

My ocd trimming is what helped me fail the 1st reveg plant I tried, clones have worked well for reveg. I had to be excessive on trimming this year, 1st pm then humidity & heat, ugh terrible time this year figuring out these tents & leds & new strains, basements & hids were what I knew before this year
But the 2 I got to herm for me are regrowing after that massive heat issue, bulking & throwing new hairs all over (yes I plucked most or all male flowers last night) & theyve have no fan leaves at all for at least couple weeks now. Maybe I took pic, I'll look
20200621 011024
20200621 011015
20200621 010956
20200621 010948

Foutwenty71

Foutwenty71

Mostly to save a particular plant that you dont have a clone of for whatever reason, some people do it for fun, some people just want that extra harvest out of them, to each their own
well i'm definitely saving this one for clones...this one is important to me because of it's lack of stretch and I really liked the buds....It was really easy to do...cut buds...give a little TLC set outside and forget about it ....the plant does everything else...NOT trying to sound like a jack azz but I AM GOING TO GET ANOTHER SACK OF WEED OF THIS PLANT by mid august at the latest and probly going to get another bigger sack by X-mas of the same plant...or just turn her into a mom...but the fact that i did it again even faster the 3rd time tells me this is a viable option with super silver haze...I did it with both a clone and one from seed. There are a few variables that are keeping me from saying the one with the tap root went faster but that's my observation.

Foutwenty71

Foutwenty71

DreamsOfDiesel

DreamsOfDiesel

your making me feel a little better about my yellow leaf issue...they are ugly but look kind potent
I've been stressing mine to different levels since february or march to see which cuts will survive harsh newbie treatment before I give them out, plus my old stuff was clone only sour diesel from 90s so I'm kinda used to prissy ones but most people aren't, a nanner will throw most newbies into tizzies lol.
Over & underwatering are fairly easy fixes, imo overnuting is toughest to recover from (except bugs lol) so been concentrating on that aspect mostly, got them 2 about 3500ppm runoff before I finally got some nanners, took skunk to 3700 with no nanners but she's practically dead now, gonna have to try something different on clones

Foutwenty71

Foutwenty71

... Well a lot has changed with all this new information out.. some plants are obviously capable of doing it and the results are undeniable in my eyes... I don't see a single thing wrong with this plant... No obvious deficiencies,,, good growth rate and the same stink that it was putting off before when I finished her off the first time...if you scour some old issues from 20 years ago in high times magazine that's where the seed was planted in my head a giant tree out in Australia.. as big as a small garage the article said it put out an average of 10 pounds a season and was at least 10 years old that's where I got the idea from many many years ago... so it's been done before there's just not much info out there about itView attachment 993196
another reason i'm attached to this plant...not only was it my first clone i saw all the way through Bud....It was a micro mini clone....just to see if i could in dire wolfs mini clone thread.... the mother died when i tried to reveg her.

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
another reason i'm attached to this plant...not only was it my first clone i saw all the way through Bud....It was a micro mini clone....just to see if i could in dire wolfs mini clone thread.... the mother died when i tried to reveg her.

View attachment 993466
I've got a Pineapple Muffin that I haven't trimmed the bottom of that's in flower. Going to give that a shot and see what happens. But it's got a least 4 weeks to go before harvest and is indica dominant.

DreamsOfDiesel

DreamsOfDiesel

I've got a Pineapple Muffin that I haven't trimmed the bottom of that's in flower. Going to give that a shot and see what happens. But it's got a least 4 weeks to go before harvest and is indica dominant.
You could always take few clones & reveg them now in case whole plant doesnt go well, I've had better luck revegging clones than the whole plant but I'm pretty new to both

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
You could always take few clones & reveg them now in case whole plant doesnt go well, I've had better luck revegging clones than the whole plant but I'm pretty new to both

Oh ye of little faith. I already have clones... :D That's momma. Now's she's going into flower. Already transplanted etc. That pic was 10 days ago.

2Veg

And if you check out that little WW to the right of the tall Pineapple Muffin momma? Here's what it looked like after it's first LST and trim

Bonsai white widow

And now this is a few days ago:

BonsaiWW

dire wolf

dire wolf

Hey miss , really like the bonsai , any secrets you have for successful bonsai growth ?
What are they rooted in ?

Latest posts

Top Bottom