Harvesting revegging and harvesting again?

• Thread starter Foutwenty71
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
I think genetics is going to help in this regard. That said, you'll just always get back around the same or a little less each harvest. It takes a few weeks for them to go back into veg, but hey, if you've got the time and patience for this method it certainly works.

Just be sure to adjust your fert regime and all is good.

Anything you can do to spur new root growth is going to be highly beneficial to the end product....

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
Hey miss , really like the bonsai , any secrets you have for successful bonsai growth ?
What are they rooted in ?

Secrets? Don't believe the crazy shit you hear about messing with the plant's roots lol :) I let this one go until it had as much on top as it did in the dirt. Then trimmed back enough roots including the tap to 3 inches in total thickness. The pot is only 4 inches deep. I used my normal soil mix (cow shit, perlite, baccto soil) and then mixed in 50% sand. There is a 1/2 inch layer of rock at the bottom. Then plant. Then fresh soil mix packed around it. Then I watered it in with a rooting solution that you use on clones. But here's the deal. You have to remember they are WAAAAAY sensitive and almost 100% of their nutes are coming from hand feeding. Misting during the day is important. Feeding a little a couple of times a day is important. Flushing is important. You sort of have to tune into the plant and let it tell you what it needs. And if it isn't telling you shit, then you're doing a good job. Keep with it :)

DreamsOfDiesel

DreamsOfDiesel

Oh ye of little faith. I already have clones... :D That's momma. Now's she's going into flower. Already transplanted etc. That pic was 10 days ago.

View attachment 993545

And if you check out that little WW to the right of the tall Pineapple Muffin momma? Here's what it looked like after it's first LST and trim

View attachment 993548

And now this is a few days ago:

View attachment 993550
Lol, sorry, I havent had much time to read background info on your stuff so was just making sure, it sucks to lose prize genetics over stupid shit, been there done that lol

DreamsOfDiesel

DreamsOfDiesel

Oh dang, the late night club is starting and i got to go to bed ......
Actually I was getting ready to peace out lol. Gotta get up early ugh. Just posted pics of the 1s recovering from unwanted heat stress & the intentional nute od. They are regrowing with no fan leaves, too funny & I got 2 of them to herm lol

Egzoset

Egzoset

Salutations Foutwenty71,

About "Harvesting revegging and harvesting again", i was able to post this modest experiment long before Trudeau's "Légaleezation" further criminalized home-growing in my canuck province:

1   Before recovering from a cut   TinyPic 4hqjoj  2011 Sep 25
2   After recovery started   TinyPic 2889u6p 2011 Sep 25
3   Like there was no cut ever   TinyPic 52c4kx 2011 Sep 25

The post was made on September 25, 2011. So this must be an AutoFlower, quite probably an Auto-Maria II...

Looking at it i'm wondering if i didn't get the first 2 snapshots chronologically swapped but i'm still positive that the 3rd one came after and not before.

Good day, have fun!! ☮

Foutwenty71

Foutwenty71

Secrets? Don't believe the crazy shit you hear about messing with the plant's roots lol :) I let this one go until it had as much on top as it did in the dirt. Then trimmed back enough roots including the tap to 3 inches in total thickness. The pot is only 4 inches deep. I used my normal soil mix (cow shit, perlite, baccto soil) and then mixed in 50% sand. There is a 1/2 inch layer of rock at the bottom. Then plant. Then fresh soil mix packed around it. Then I watered it in with a rooting solution that you use on clones. But here's the deal. You have to remember they are WAAAAAY sensitive and almost 100% of their nutes are coming from hand feeding. Misting during the day is important. Feeding a little a couple of times a day is important. Flushing is important. You sort of have to tune into the plant and let it tell you what it needs. And if it isn't telling you shit, then you're doing a good job. Keep with it :)
I personally never had the testicles to mess with the roots but now that i think about it I have had many a gopher and mole do it for me through the years...and the result's if not deadly were a miniature plant...currently at WAR!!! with the overpopulation of gophers and moles Caddyshack style 😁

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
I personally never had the testicles to mess with the roots but now that i think about it I have had many a gopher and mole do it for me through the years...and the result's if not deadly were a miniature plant...currently at WAR!!! with the overpopulation of gophers and moles Caddyshack style 😁

I root prune every time I transplant. The reason is it causes the plant's root system to regen which makes more sites for it to uptake nutes with. That's my theory and I'm sticking to it lol! Like I always say... what works for me, isn't for everyone. But I learned with Bonsai on other types of plants (Firs, Pines, Desert Rose, Ficus, etc) that it actually stimulates growth plant wide.

Here are some example of my plants that I just took within the last 10 minutes. Excuse the shitty pics. My phone sucks. Burner...

This one is a White Widow clone that is almost 2 feet and getting ready for it's final transplant and it's 3rd root trim. It has been trained to grow straight out from the main stalk. All I'm going for on this one is strong nug development on the outer shoots and a big ass fat main cola.

20200630 101323

This next one is the momma of the first plant. It is over 4ft tall. I had to take the pic standing on some stairs lol. This is Week 3 of flowering. Check the main cola development. It's going to be a freaking monster. This plant was also trained like the smaller one above. Lots of bushing. HEAVY nug dev on the lower outer shoots.

20200630 101348

And the most butchered of them all? My bonsai momma. Also from the huge White Widow. Even the pics from a couple days ago and today show a remarkable amount of growth. Two main fan leaves have been removed to give it a more streamlined look. More than half of its roots were trimmed off Sunday. See any issues with the plant? No stunt. No curl or cupping. No nute burn. No drooping. Nothing. It just keeps rocking along.

20200630 101612

Foutwenty71

Foutwenty71

I think genetics is going to help in this regard. That said, you'll just always get back around the same or a little less each harvest. It takes a few weeks for them to go back into veg, but hey, if you've got the time and patience for this method it certainly works.

Just be sure to adjust your fert regime and all is good.

Anything you can do to spur new root growth is going to be highly beneficial to the end product....
My gut feeling tells me your your right about the genetic's and it might not work as well without the power of the sun when it comes to speed but theres no way i could ever make a bush like these from seed in 5 weeks with very little effort ...under my growing conditions. probably close if i get everything dialed in just perfect, but i'm not a perfect person....Patience is the key for sure. Just feeling my way through it ,and it's been pretty rewarding so far

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
My gut feeling tells me your your right about the genetic's and it might not work as well without the power of the sun when it comes to speed but theres no way i could ever make a bush like these from seed in 5 weeks with very little effort ...under my growing conditions. probably close if i get everything dialed in just perfect, but i'm not a perfect person....Patience is the key for sure. Just feeling my way through it ,and it's been pretty rewarding so far
Do you use any clone juice on these things? I use some on every plant I root prune and transplant. I think I'm going to use your reveg technique along with some bonsai root techniques and see what happens once these plants are ready to harvest. I'm getting some ideas that might guarantee success more often than not. I'm REALLY intrigued by this because it cuts out 50% or more of the veg process. The other thing is that Bob Marley's tree at 9 mile is over 3 decades old. It's a massive 2 story sativa. Their climate works for the plant, no doubt. But the fact of the matter is that I've smoked bud off that tree and it got me as ripped as a normal good plant. Definitely didn't fall off in potentcy. If it works in Jamaica then it should work in Colorado.

Foutwenty71

Foutwenty71

I root prune every time I transplant. The reason is it causes the plant's root system to regen which makes more sites for it to uptake nutes with. That's my theory and I'm sticking to it lol! Like I always say... what works for me, isn't for everyone. But I learned with Bonsai on other types of plants (Firs, Pines, Desert Rose, Ficus, etc) that it actually stimulates growth plant wide.

Here are some example of my plants that I just took within the last 10 minutes. Excuse the shitty pics. My phone sucks. Burner...

This one is a White Widow clone that is almost 2 feet and getting ready for it's final transplant and it's 3rd root trim. It has been trained to grow straight out from the main stalk. All I'm going for on this one is strong nug development on the outer shoots and a big ass fat main cola.

View attachment 993684

This next one is the momma of the first plant. It is over 4ft tall. I had to take the pic standing on some stairs lol. This is Week 3 of flowering. Check the main cola development. It's going to be a freaking monster. This plant was also trained like the smaller one above. Lots of bushing. HEAVY nug dev on the lower outer shoots.

View attachment 993685

And the most butchered of them all? My bonsai momma. Also from the huge White Widow. Even the pics from a couple days ago and today show a remarkable amount of growth. Two main fan leaves have been removed to give it a more streamlined look. More than half of its roots were trimmed off Sunday. See any issues with the plant? No stunt. No curl or cupping. No nute burn. No drooping. Nothing. It just keeps rocking along.

View attachment 993686
thats something I'm certainly going to try this fall. the Reveg clone i'm budding again is going to be a mother if i pull this off without killing her and the other one that i'm budding a 2ond time in a few weeks is going to become a test subject...see how many times i can harvest her and what the long term outcome of quality is...damn...i might have to suck it up and spend some money on a tent so i have a second grow space indoors because nothing grows here but icicles 6-7 months of the year

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
thats something I'm certainly going to try this fall. the Reveg clone i'm budding again is going to be a mother if i pull this off without killing her and the other one that i'm budding a 2ond time in a few weeks is going to become a test subject...see how many times i can harvest her and what the long term outcome of quality is...damn...i might have to suck it up and spend some money on a tent so i have a second grow space indoors because nothing grows here but icicles 6-7 months of the year

Try this stuff on your next re-veg for root health. It's cheap, common, and most importantly works:

Ferti-Lome root stimulator

Foutwenty71

Foutwenty71

Do you use any clone juice on these things? I use some on every plant I root prune and transplant. I think I'm going to use your reveg technique along with some bonsai root techniques and see what happens once these plants are ready to harvest. I'm getting some ideas that might guarantee success more often than not. I'm REALLY intrigued by this because it cuts out 50% or more of the veg process. The other thing is that Bob Marley's tree at 9 mile is over 3 decades old. It's a massive 2 story sativa. Their climate works for the plant, no doubt. But the fact of the matter is that I've smoked bud off that tree and it got me as ripped as a normal good plant. Definitely didn't fall off in potentcy. If it works in Jamaica then it should work in Colorado.
Maybe that was the article i read in High times many years ago...A long time ago man...so i dont remember the whole thing ...But i saw pic's of a massive tree that was at least a decade old and produced an average of 10#'s a season...thought is was the land down under but as i said many many moons ago so i dont really remember....BUT i remember enough to know decades old 10#'s a season...lol....thats where the idea came from and i always wanted to try it, just on a much smaller scale... and so far what i'm seeing early on is i just cut my time by 40-50% Fingers crossed cause i'm really enjoying trying new and misunderstood things

Foutwenty71

Foutwenty71

Maybe that was the article i read in High times many years ago...A long time ago man...so i dont remember the whole thing ...But i saw pic's of a massive tree that was at least a decade old and produced an average of 10#'s a season...thought is was the land down under but as i said many many moons ago so i dont really remember....BUT i remember enough to know decades old 10#'s a season...lol....thats where the idea came from and i always wanted to try it, just on a much smaller scale... and so far what i'm seeing early on is i just cut my time by 40-50% Fingers crossed cause i'm really enjoying trying new and misunderstood things
and no i never used any rooting hormone outside of the cloning process but the thought did cross my mind the second time around but the plant just took off and started to regrow on it's own so if it aint broke...dont fix rule came into play

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
and no i never used any rooting hormone outside of the cloning process but the thought did cross my mind the second time around but the plant just took off and started to regrow on it's own so if it aint broke...dont fix rule came into play
I'm thinking about the ones that died back :) It's not really a hormone. It's just a weak veg mix made for clones and root trauma.

Beowuuulf

Beowuuulf

If I was going to try this, I’d like to give some kind of electric shock to erase the plants memory.. now I’m interested

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
It can be done.

Just a question tho why?

The time it takes to reveg a plant and for it to come out of it's stress phase, along with repotting it if it's in dirt and a container, so it won't be root bound. Wouldn't it be a lot quicker to just take a clone and start a new plant before it flowers? Ill reveg something as a last resort if I end up losing a clone or wanted to keep a plant and didn't have a copy.

Honestly just curious

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
It can be done.

Just a question tho why?

The time it takes to reveg a plant and for it to come out of it's stress phase, along with repotting it if it's in dirt and a container, so it won't be root bound. Wouldn't it be a lot quicker to just take a clone and start a new plant before it flowers? Ill reveg something as a last resort if I end up losing a clone or wanted to keep a plant and didn't have a copy.

Honestly just curious

Hmmm good question. I'd definitely prune the roots, pack in a new pot with fresh soil, treat with Ferti-Lome (more old school shit), and toss it to the sun during the day and easy going flouros at night. Flower at the end of week 2. That's my plan with the WW and Pineapple Muffin I've got going on. And... I just ordered in some Vanilla Frosting from my dispensary. That strain is new from HSC's 10k plant hunt that appears would probably do well in a reveg.

Foutwenty71

Foutwenty71

It can be done.

Just a question tho why?

Honestly just curious
your gonna have a hard time making a clone bush out in the time frame i'm on...literally 40% faster no less than 35% faster is what i am seeing and doing....thats why . look at the pic's... it's no joke man...basically on my second successful try i'm on pace for 2 harvest in about 5 months with a 9-11 week flower....not counting original sprouting of seed time ...multiple bud sites yet i never touched the plant after harvest except water and nutes

Foutwenty71

Foutwenty71

your gonna have a hard time making a clone bush out in the time frame i'm on...literally 40% faster no less than 35% faster is what i am seeing and doing....thats why . look at the pic's... it's no joke man...basically on my second successful try i'm on pace for 2 harvest in about 5 months with a 9-11 week flower....not counting original sprouting of seed time ...multiple bud sites yet i never touched the plant after harvest except water and nutes
oh ya...it's kinda fun...lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom