harvesting

• Thread starter pnut310
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
pnut310

pnut310

So I'm harvesting my plants tomorrow, what is an overall better technique, dry all da plant or stems?

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

I like 2 remove all the big fan leafs & chop down the plant & dry it all 2gether so it drys a Lil slower.. I do all my trimming when dry after 7 days

CINDARELLA99

CINDARELLA99

I've just been clipping off branches and just doing one branch at a time. I hang them by branches. I've seen people trim it whole and hang up the whole plant after to dry.

mayonnaise

mayonnaise

I like to cut the branches at the trunk and leave a little crook of the trunk to hang the branch. I prefer to cut all the fan leaves and do a rough wet trim of the buds. Then a good re-trim at between 6 and 8 days depending on the size and density of the buds. I hate seeing bud cured in turkey bags, if you have the room/resourses to cure in jars do it. And don't forget to burp the jars!!!!!

pnut310

pnut310

i was really thinking bout drying it whole, in my closet with a 65 70f n 45 50% with dehumidifier and fan circulating the air

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
So I'm harvesting my plants tomorrow, what is an overall better technique, dry all da plant or stems?
Honestly, I think the overall better technique is what suits YOU best. I prefer to do the whole plant when and where possible, but there have been plenty of times where I've had to take a branch, or done a staggered harvest and that dictates by necessity that you're only drying portions of the plant, not the whole plant. But for me, keeping it as whole as possible from the start until it's trimmed up is the best way to go.

If you can keep temps in the 65* and below range, you'll be golden.

soserthc1

soserthc1

styles will differentiate among growers , so go with what you comfortable .... my process fwiw.....
1) remove all large fan leaves
2) cut limbs in 12' intervals trying to keep a hook if possible
3) trim the sugar leaves (keep these for what you like ie: edibles ,butter
4) hang or tape to a tomato cage in a room around 67 % with humidity around 60%
5) usually dry enough to put in brown bag (shopping bag folded with holes) in 5 -7 days
6)leave in bag till stems pop (crack when snap them)
7) put in seal tight glass jars to cure for 30 days - in a perfect world.........happy harvesting......

BudGoggles

BudGoggles

I like to cut the branches at the trunk and leave a little crook of the trunk to hang the branch. I prefer to cut all the fan leaves and do a rough wet trim of the buds. Then a good re-trim at between 6 and 8 days depending on the size and density of the buds. I hate seeing bud cured in turkey bags, if you have the room/resourses to cure in jars do it. And don't forget to burp the jars!!!!!

Is there something wrong with curing in a turkey bag. Im thinking of doing that this run. Seems it will work good.
Im not gonna jar up 10#s and have jars all over the place with the helper I have, it just asking for trouble
Of coarse I always jar my head stash qp

mayonnaise

mayonnaise

Is there something wrong with curing in a turkey bag. Im thinking of doing that this run. Seems it will work good.
Im not gonna jar up 10#s and have jars all over the place with the helper I have, it just asking for trouble
when you are dealing with alot of lbs you have to make sacrifices sometimes. But there is nothing like the smell of properly cured weed. The turkey bags will work just fine but IMO glass is leaps and bounds better. and for long term storage, no comparison. Like i said if you have the room/resources always go with glass. Now transport is another can of worms. no one wants jars clinking around their car so thats where the turkey bags shine.

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

I cure in Black Magic Bags....which is pretty much the same as a Turkey Bag...only they block out light so I don't need to keep em in a dark room.

I'm pretty sure I will catch a ration of shit for this....but I use a Trim Pro rotor for everything except for tops, which get hand trimmed. Loose buds get put in a hanging rack for 7 days at 65 degrees and 50 to 60% humidity with a dehumidifier running. I have a fan on but it doesn't blow directly onto anything. After 7 days they go into Black Magic Bags for a month. I open the bags and let them air out once a day for one hour. Then I suck all the air out of the bag and close it off with a rubber band.

Theoneandonly Z

Theoneandonly Z

I cure in Black Magic Bags....which is pretty much the same as a Turkey Bag...only they block out light so I don't need to keep em in a dark room.

I'm pretty sure I will catch a ration of shit for this....but I use a Trim Pro rotor for everything except for tops, which get hand trimmed. Loose buds get put in a hanging rack for 7 days at 65 degrees and 50 to 60% humidity with a dehumidifier running. I have a fan on but it doesn't blow directly onto anything. After 7 days they go into Black Magic Bags for a month. I open the bags and let them air out once a day for one hour. Then I suck all the air out of the bag and close it off with a rubber band.

Cheater!!!

sealed138

sealed138

First Starfighter
Supporter
i hang my limbs on clothes hangers, then hang them on wires stretched tight from wall to wall.
can hold a ton of weight on each line. and when packed in real tight each hanger is at least a qp so it helps me judge how my yield came out

O

OliveOil

You guys ever use vacuum sealed bags for long term storage of your lb's?

Top Bottom