Has Anybody Here Grown Cherry Pie?

• Thread starter Pimp T
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
akstoner

akstoner

I dont know yet I havent taken it down. It smelled like grape kush at first now its getting cherry grapeish with a earthy kush back up. Tryin to figure out what it is. @akstoner

i believe you may be growing what they call "Cherry Kush/Pie" its Grand Daddy Purple x F-1 Durban
your buds are grapepurple looking?

zeke

zeke

I grew the cherry pie from the bay. It's certainly a GDP Durban. I've ran GDP and Durban too. It looks like yours. Watch that shit for herm action later on unless you are feeding under 800ppm. Best tasting and smelling weed ever. Probably lots of people that name shit the same independently and then think the plants are the same. The cherry pie cut that all the public breeders are using is the same GDP Durban. It's that good, seriously.

Pimp T

Pimp T

I actually picked a couple nanners off been feeding about 800-900 ppm. Its at day 67 now. It was supposed to be sfv came from "nĂ—Ă—Ă—Ă—Ă—Ă—Ă—creature" got it from a friend who got it from him. @zeke

gravekat303

gravekat303

Premium Member
Supporter
I actually picked a couple nanners off been feeding about 800-900 ppm. Its at day 67 now. It was supposed to be sfv came from "nĂ—Ă—Ă—Ă—Ă—Ă—Ă—creature" got it from a friend who got it from him. @zeke
67 days is too long with wanna say we pulled her at 50 something

akstoner

akstoner

Cherry pie isnt gdp..
Cherry pie however is a durban. Its got to be crossed with a cherry kush type of strain. I think if the pie turns purple it isnt the true pie, ours turned pink late in flower. It smells like cherry caprisun, I think this is true pie. Not the biggest yeilds, big sativa influences and very paranoia inducing. Cherry hash taste

yes thank oyu the true cherry pie doesnt have GDP! that pic tho.....cant wait to see more pics of!!! looks similar to what i have seen and smoked .............

papapayne

papapayne

Real deal cherry pie is a beast outdoor. Indoor so so. Outdoors, shes done first week of November. Pulled 3# off her last year outta a 65. I've had the cut for 4 years or so, shes a producer thats for sure. She turns purple towards the end in the fans, doesn't stick in the buds. DENSE donkey dick colas the reek of coffee, hash, and a hint of cherries. Mostly coffee though to my nose.

13 poct 015
13 poct 020
13 poct 025

papapayne

papapayne

Cherry pie isnt gdp..
Cherry pie however is a durban. Its got to be crossed with a cherry kush type of strain. I think if the pie turns purple it isnt the true pie, ours turned pink late in flower. It smells like cherry caprisun, I think this is true pie. Not the biggest yeilds, big sativa influences and very paranoia inducing. Cherry hash taste

That aint cherry pie...shes much more melty, like a heavy blanket drapped over ya, with a perma smile. Never heard anyone say paranoia or sativa...

maya42

maya42

Eh the few times I ran it it was sweet tangy cherries with some earthy tones she just didn't yield and tended to throw naners if ya took her late so she got the axe I like my indicas more couch locky

If it threw nannerz it wasn't the real deal. The real deal cherry pie grows close to og in structure with longer internode spacing and separate buds. The colas are not huge. Lots of small nugs that are about the same size. Turns purple , I've NEVER seen green cherry pie. The taste is purplefunk og. If you breed with it , that taste puches through. Absolutely better than girl scout cookies.

If it threw nannerz it was probably dhn bullshit.

maya42

maya42

Umm thanks for trying to discredit my cherry pie. But ill keep her ;)
I love that spacey no ceiling weed. Warm blanket? No thanks, got enough ogs crosses for that feeling. Though i will say the first round with her definitely wasnt as racy, beautiful or juicy smelling as her later bx gens. Ill throw more original cherry pie in rotation in the future.

Good luck with your real cherry pie though!

I think the point is that there is 1 and only 1 cherry pie. It comes as clone only. What you have is not the clone only strain. So for people looking for information on cherry pie will be mislead by your post.

Once again, that is not cherry pie

maya42

maya42

Absolutely they did. And that cherry pie was not on the racy paranoid sativa high.

I'm betting your s1 cp is dhn. It's clone structure is almost identical to cp. But then it grows longer huge colas that smell nothing like cp. Very silvery looking buds. Sativa-ish buds and high.

There is another cherry pie thread with pics of the purple bush outside. Please forgive my insistence, as I have been looking for this strain for some time now and have only attained fakes.
This is one strain I could keep forever.....tissue culture worthy.

Pimp T

Pimp T

This one def has a purple grapey kush to it with a minor in cherry @maya42

papapayne

papapayne

Ugh...this right here is why genetics in cannabis are a fucking nightmare. BAG SEED is not cherry pie. That could potentially be damn near any strain as a father. s1 of cherry pie isn't the same as the cherry pie clone only. you might have a very similar, but to say its the same isn't the truth.

papapayne

papapayne

If it threw nannerz it wasn't the real deal. The real deal cherry pie grows close to og in structure with longer internode spacing and separate buds. The colas are not huge. Lots of small nugs that are about the same size. Turns purple , I've NEVER seen green cherry pie. The taste is purplefunk og. If you breed with it , that taste puches through. Absolutely better than girl scout cookies.

If it threw nannerz it was probably dhn bullshit.

Yea, I haven't seen legit cherry pie throw nanners, although I have to humbly disagree about not huge colas....everyone I have seen do legit cherry pies outdoor always ends up with donkey dick colas that are dense as can be. Indoors it doesn't setup quite as dense, but outdoors shes a yielder.

There is another cut of cherry pie that I see called cherry pie a lot, which is more purple, less yield, and finishes a bit faster which seems to be sourcing from outside of cali.

Also, legit cherry pie has a slight curl in the fingers in the leaves, hard to describe it exactly.

21 september 2015 003
21 september 2015 020

zeke

zeke

Never heard of dhn??
The few beans i found were bagseed in a few Ps of some amazing cherry pie. The first batch was not as visually appealing or as edgy but it had a happy up high and the bagseed produced some beautiful color and real racy buds. The tincture i made from the original still taste potent and like a true cherry pie flavor. Im a believer, if you know me or tried my pie im very confident your a believer too.
Bagseed is mystery weed. Maybe the mom was the cherry pie cut but you have no idea where the pollen came from. Could be anything. Unless someone reversed the CP cut onto itself it's not an S1 but an H1(hermie 1,lol). How does a possible hermie bagseed become Original Cherry pie? I'm starting to feel like I'm posting in a STRIPZ thread

papapayne

papapayne

The reason bag seed gets shit on is for the exact reasons we are discussing regarding cherry pie. Someone pulls seeds outta some bud, plants them, then calls it cherry pie and passes it along as cherry pie. The next grower does the same, and so on. What ya end up with is thousands of knock of cherry pies floating around that all have different genetic backgrounds, and different effects. Even colloidal silver made s1 seeds show different phenotypes. Granted, most of the phenos will be somewhat similar to the mother. I know every where I have lived, patients have seen and smoked cherry pie/gsc/lemon larry/blue dream/green crack and a few others enough to know what it should do, and what it should look like. If

the other reason IMO bad seed gets shit on is its just random and murky. Hell, this exact thread shows that lol. Someone claims one thing, someone else claims another. In the grand scheme of it all though, fire weed is fire weed From what I have seen growing for the time I have, high quality weed can definitely come from bagseed plants. Hell, I have a bagseed strain (Cherry pie "Harborside cut" x HSO Chem dog) that is definitely an awesome strain. That said, the strains that have left lasting impressions in my garden, the white whales of genetics, and the most earth shattering strains have always come from dedicated breeders who have spent years stabilizing, hundreds of rounds of selecting from large seed stocks, and a firm grasp of the traits they are looking for.

But as always, opinions are like ass holes.

maya42

maya42

Yea, I haven't seen legit cherry pie throw nanners, although I have to humbly disagree about not huge colas....everyone I have seen do legit cherry pies outdoor always ends up with donkey dick colas that are dense as can be. Indoors it doesn't setup quite as dense, but outdoors shes a yielder.

There is another cut of cherry pie that I see called cherry pie a lot, which is more purple, less yield, and finishes a bit faster which seems to be sourcing from outside of cali.

Also, legit cherry pie has a slight curl in the fingers in the leaves, hard to describe it exactly.

View attachment 565937 View attachment 565938

I remember losing a shit ton of colas to mold. I just remember trimming lots of small buds. It was grown in a green house, maybe that makes that much of a difference.

papapayne

papapayne

I remember losing a shit ton of colas to mold. I just remember trimming lots of small buds. It was grown in a green house, maybe that makes that much of a difference.

Yea, this first season of it here in oregon was brutual. Since it doesn't finish till november, my climate doesn't allow it. I lost all the main coloas on mine to, although in my greenhouse, she was on the edge and did get rained on more then most stains

Latest posts

Top Bottom