Has anybody used the optic 650s?

• Thread starter Nonsmoker.grower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bbonez

Bbonez

@Bbonez I didn't see what size tent you have or what you are doing in it? Is this single tent from germ to flower? What other systems are in place for heat etc?
I have a 10x10 I'm using for veg and flower. Using clones for now but want to get into some seeds later. For heat, I just heat up the room the tent it in. To cool down I have AC, for Humidity I have a dehu and a humidifier.

20210103_193112.jpg

20210103_193119.jpg

20210103_193125.jpg

20210103_193513.jpg

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Supporter
Very nice!

I wish I had specific comparison info I could share with you to help decide. As you can see from the above thread there is no consistency and little honesty with vendors and measurement claims.

I have tried quite a few lighting systems. More than 20. I have always found that raw PPFD or PAR numbers, if they can be believed, are the first second and third thing you should look at when deciding. Where it gets tricky is what you are really looking for is PPFD/$ Both at time of initial purchase as well as ongoing electricity costs.

Between diablo and optic seems diablo is the winner. Between diablo and multiple spider farmers? Not sure on that one.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Staff member
Supporter
Are you using that light for flower, veg, or both? How do you like the results so far?
Only been up maybe a week. Will be full cycle light. My previous was the HLG 600 v1 3000k. Also used full cycle. I'll have a better idea after next grow. But I have 0 doubt it will make a bit of an improvement. The light spread is way way better.

Bbonez

Bbonez

Only been up maybe a week. Will be full cycle light. My previous was the HLG 600 v1 3000k. Also used full cycle. I'll have a better idea after next grow. But I have 0 doubt it will make a bit of an improvement. The light spread is way way better.
What will you adjust the intensity of the light to each step of the way?

How was your yield with the HLG 600?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Staff member
Supporter
What will you adjust the intensity of the light to each step of the way?

How was your yield with the HLG 600?
Well I haven't really grown for yield since my 4x4. Last year was pretty much mother hunting. In the 4x4 was over 2lbs consistently.

With the new light on my next grow I am anticipating around 3lb from a 4x5 - 4x6 area. There are a lot of factors involved though not just light

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Staff member
Supporter
I know I have a lot to learn before I see yields like that, I just didn't want to be limited by the light.

Did you run the 600 @ 100% during veg? 18 hours?
I run co2 so mine may be a bit higher but its not just the wattage it's the height also. The best way is to go by par. I use lux as it gets me more than close enough.

Seedling/rooted clones 10k or under.

Veg 18/6 15k-45k start low and work up 3-5k every few days to a week. Plants usually grow into the intensity increase and not often adjustments need to be made.

Flower 40-65k but I have had some strains take as high as 85k in flower. Remember I'm running co2.

I use light meter by my mobile tools dev.

Nonsmoker.grower

Nonsmoker.grower

@Aqua Man how are running c02. Burner, tank,bag? Are you in a sealed room or tent?

JMcG

JMcG

Damn, I was hoping you went with the 650s! I’d love to hear testimonials on that one.
it really doesn’t seem like a fair comparison to the Diablo though. The adjustable spectrum kinda puts it into a different class IMO.
anyone else running these?
Also, do they NOT have a UL or ETL listing?

Top Bottom