Has anybody used the optic 650s?

• Thread starter Nonsmoker.grower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Nonsmoker.grower

Nonsmoker.grower

I need a light for my 5x5 tent, and I was thinking about going with the optic 650s but can't find any reviews about it from somebody that you used it. Or any suggestions for a 5x5 LED preferably. Thanks to all.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I need a light for my 5x5 tent, and I was thinking about going with the optic 650s but can't find any reviews about it from somebody that you used it. Or any suggestions for a 5x5 LED preferably. Thanks to all.
I haven't looked at optic in a few yrs and they were bad then if its the same company. The prices from what I just looked at leave me thinking you can get a far far better light for the cost.

Are you in Canada by chance?

Nonsmoker.grower

Nonsmoker.grower

I have been saving for 6 months. Just for the light. I want a great set up to learn from. I have the bluelab ph and ppm meter. I also have the bluelab soil ph meter.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

1300.00. 7 feet
I hate to sound like I'm just saying this because I bought one but the HLG SCORPION DIABLO. Is a very solid choice for that price. The next up i would go would be the gavita but there are plenty of other good ones like fluence etc.

After looking through them all I went with the HLG for the light spread, efficacy, warranty and intensity. It will fot a 5x5 perfect while its under the typical 30w per sq ft. The efficacy of this light is the best on the market... probably only for a few months to a yr but it will last years.

Again there are many good lights in that range for your footprint but I dont feel optic is one of them at this point. Will definitely grow but much better options for the price.

Brand new 3 yr warranty.

Refurbished 1 yr warranty. This is what I went with as the parts are basic and I can replace anything I likely need for less than the price difference.

Nonsmoker.grower

Nonsmoker.grower

That so funny the other light i was looking at was the scorpion. Crazy. So you really like it ? See the optic 650s has light adjustments for blue,red,white. It also have a 10 year warranty. Turn up blue for veg. Red for flower. White has is own dimmer to. It was the only reason i was leaning towards it as well as the warranty

Nonsmoker.grower

Nonsmoker.grower

If you have time its totally up to you could you look over the specs and tell what you think?. I thank you so very much for all your help. I do like this site.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

This is the light and wedsite.
Yeah it all looks good but almost to good if ya know what I mean. And I dont believe the numbers they are claiming... not for a second.

Also thier warranty is they ship you the broken part. They also don't warranty for wear and tear, humid environment etc.

I just don't trust them.

The hlg has close to 1500 more diodes so I have no idea how the optic can be a more efficient light when they are using apparently the same Samsung diodes.

I looked at optic years ago and felt they were misleading by a lot... still don't feel much has changed.

Just my opinion

Nonsmoker.grower

Nonsmoker.grower

Thank you. I very much appreciate the honest opinion and I do agree with you on a little bit too good to be true. Again think you for the fast response and honesty. Merry Christmas!! I will keep you updated on what light i go with.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Thank you. I very much appreciate the honest opinion and I do agree with you on a little bit too good to be true. Again think you for the fast response and honesty. Merry Christmas!! I will keep you updated on what light i go with.
Sounds good. Merry Christmas and hope ya have a good one.

Growgerth24

Growgerth24

I pull over 2 a light with GC ROI720. Just had my first run from 1000w HIDs, I couldn't believe it. I was nervous the entire time quality was going to take a hit.

Full disclosure though, I have still have 1 1000w raptor hood in between 2 ROIs, so there is still some HID in the room. A ROI fits 5×5 perfectly.

Top Bottom