Has anybody used the optic 650s?

• Thread starter Nonsmoker.grower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Moe.Red

Moe.Red

So it looks like the testing with a white sphere probably give best case numbers in watts at a single point from a light fixture? I'm not sure I get it.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Nonsmoker, my little sidetrack was answering a different question than what you asked. Hijack over.

After looking closely at Aqua mans posts, I confirm the Diablo has both a dumb name and a much better chance of being the superior light.

View attachment 1075104

Who would name a light after a Mexican fighting chicken?
Hahaha 100% agree

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

So it looks like the testing with a white sphere probably give best case numbers in watts at a single point from a light fixture? I'm not sure I get it.

i dont know about light testing but i guess outside testing like this would give a consistent baseline for comparing products.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Why wouldn't manufacturers use this company for the testing and make the reports available? Perhaps some do? Maybe even a feisty chicken has a report we could see?

If vendors submitted their gear and published this test, that would make it so simple on us shoppers.
Because the formula they use makes it look better and costs nothing

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

@Moe.Red you cant get a tan from the led’s.

You have to spend more time under your halides.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

While we have been sitting here I Rotovap'ed (is that a word?) a gallon and a half of concentrate. I'm uploading the video now, I'll start a new thread so I don't pollute this thread any more. Nonsmoker - check it out I'll bet you have some similar reasons to be here. I'm about making medicine.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

While we have been sitting here I Rotovap'ed (is that a word?) a gallon and a half of concentrate. I'm uploading the video now, I'll start a new thread so I don't pollute this thread any more. Nonsmoker - check it out I'll bet you have some similar reasons to be here. I'm about making medicine.
How i envy that nasa lab you got going on... only in my dreams.

Bbonez

Bbonez

I've been leaning towards the Scorpion Diablo for the past month, today my buddy told me to check out the Optic and that's how I ended up on this thread. The savings isn't enough for me to sway my opinion. If I go cheap it would be kingbright or spider farm. My tent is big enough for 4 lights, I have 2 1000W HPS in now. I think I should add a Diablo and a Kingbright whatever does better I'll buy two more of to replace the HPS.

I'm running out of time to make a decision...

Bbonez

Bbonez

Are some of the diodes on the Diablo blocked by its mounting hardware?

SmartSelect 20210103 190515 Samsung Internet

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

@Bbonez I didn't see what size tent you have or what you are doing in it? Is this single tent from germ to flower? What other systems are in place for heat etc?

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

If I go cheap it would be kingbright or spider farm.

I'm running out of time to make a decision...

If there is any help I can give on the spiders let me know. I run them in my veg and mother tents and I am very happy. With enough of them they could flower.

Top Bottom