Has anyone heard of this cure and dry method?

• Thread starter Buckcannon
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TwoCreeks

I like mine to take 5-6 days to dry to the point where I cut the buds off the stem, than 2-3 days in paper bags, then in the closed bags in an ice chest until they're trimmed, then into glass. If the initial dry happens too quickly they get brittle and crumble. If they dry too slowly they will begin to compost as they dry and will discolor.
Long cure is a matter of opinion. I kind of like smoking bud that is just dry enough to smoke..probably comes from the old outdoor days when harvest came but once a year....anticipation...Also, I like the speedy, racy nature of the high from fresh cannabis. Kind of reminds me of the highs back when it all came from Mexico and Colombia...

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

ever thought about the difference. in profiles is what may get you high??? possibly the contradictions between certain oils at certain times?

ever curious why OG gets you more blasted as most but test like HALF the thc content as most others???

come on woodsman you should have someone elses hard work saved on that subject somewhere....
I have to say I have blazed plenty of fresh bud not as early ss you but basicaklly wet and I have got ripped, including plenty of og's

I still prefer cured buds but I have grown plenty of bud that does not need to be cured to get you high

Theoneandonly Z

Theoneandonly Z

Yo I dry for 9-10 then cure for 2 weeks. I like a smooth smoke and hate to cough. My buddy runs an original sfv og. Dude dries for 5-6, finish manicuring, then bags and sells! Blows me away, but it does have a super rich smell and taste. When smoked it does havea harshness that makes me ccough my ball sack up my throat... however the high is so much more neurological and makes me a lil paranoid. Ears ringing and everything. But when its cured, the gasoline smell isn't so sharp its more sweet and its smooth as ever. The high is diff too, more mellow but still HEAVY. I dunno if the oil factor is the cause like CR stated.

sky high

sky high

Ah, well, I smoke too much all day long to really get high, so I'm after the pain-killing effects, and the experience. I want a smooth smoke, I want pleasant flavors, and no aftertaste. So, in those respects it's better (for me).

If I were just smoking to get high, I'd be growing fucking White Widow and shit like that.

COFFEE SPEW!!

You KNOW how it is with those old strains. Barely any THC in em at all. Nothing like today's smokes :rolleyes: O G-osh...
ah...that tolerance thing is a bitch. I feel for the youngers smokin this >new< hi powered kush stuff when I think about how trashed my tolerance has gotten from smoking all that sub-par weed for all those years:rolleyes:.

Just think how young the >dab< crowd is gonna be when tolerance comes calling, huh?

As far as cure/dry.....

Here in CO anyone who uses a fan is an idiot. We're already wayyyyy dry humidity-wise.....so extreme care needs to be taken when drying herb. A 5 day hang here...room temp will get you close to//in the zone of the snapping stem. I usually take mine and clip the nug offf the stem @ this point and then I bag it up in oven bags in quantity. I then let the bags sit a few days.....then open them for a few hours.....rinse/repeat. It is so DRY here that I have found that catching it just a tad earlier than most and bagging it causes it to cure very nicely...no mold...no funk.....just really nice smokin weed. IMO, it's about catching it at the right time and then preserving that moisture level...for months.

What I find interesting is how some pot will retain it's original/close-to-original smell over the months while other weed changes smell//color/etc over the same time period. I have found things with Dawg in them to store very well and often, deepen in taste whereas other smokes...like my Blueberry....will darken/go more brown in color and get an 'aged" smell to them...still very good....but noticeably different than the original nug. EXACTLY like I think happened in the "old" days when we were smoking that weak-ass Thai stick that was brown/rust color or that crappy Lumbo gold. (sure weren't kushes oor OG's, huh? snicker) That shit was a year old before we ever puffed it, IMO....

caligirl

caligirl

high everyone! interesting thread. Im enjoying some deadhead og right now that i just finished drying (9 days) and am jarring up. It is amazing smell, taste, burn and omg high!! Cant wait for the cured stuff after a couple weeks and def wont last a month!! I think some strains cure and store really well and others really degrade over time. Sometimes buds can be dried and cured well but were handle too much and all the trichs break. I like dried bud that still has standing trichs when viewed with magnifier - shows gentle handling. Like almost everything else, it depends on the genetics and the growers level of attention.

Btw, you growers in colorado are so fortunate for that low humidity - never any fear of mold - what a huge difference in stress level when growing outside. Here in coastal california, we always have to worry about the wet fog and often have rain at harvest time which always causes mold!

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

white rhino, with your strains i can see why youd need a cure.

come to colorado and get a lesson! LOL

not trying to be a dick but all i see you do is copy and paste other peoples hard work, and then proceed to grow ten year old strains giving info on new age ish.... sorry

take this as me being a dick or being honest i couldnt care, but im speaking my opinions not yours. just as you.

funny how the people i know that have real OG's agree with me, and you with your white rhino disagrees, LOL!

well once again you don't do your home work, white rhino is one of many that I grow, and I have a number of OG and OG crosses in the house.

Come to Canada and we will teach you a thing or two.

I have been growing for 40+ years and have a vast collection of information that I share with people who like to learn that's what most of us are here for, not to spread misinformation. I don't see you backing up anything you say with fact all you do is attack the poster. Haters going to hate.

Everyone has an opinion that's why there free.

There are always people who agree with others opinions, that does not make it right. How do you think the war on drugs got started, or any war for that matter.

Professor shepherd dog demotivational posters 1301205682
midwestdensies

midwestdensies

Classic you literally have next to no real input and very little experience imo. Your opinions and statements are generally so rediculous i cant even read them any more it makes you and the poor mans cali of a state colorado look even more idiotic as a whole. Woods constantly gives info whether from his experience or others who came before or during his experiences. I always like what input he has to say and have much respect for him.

I condone a 7-10day whole plant dry, few days in bags, buck down and turkey bag while burping few times daily for 1-2 weeks.

sky high

sky high

That's his experience midwest. Yours is yours. Mine is mine. Please cut the shit about 'poor mans cali' and "colorado look even more idiotic as a whole" at least til you've been there more than a few months and have set >true< roots down (a.k.a. >bought property<) 'cus until then yer just a squatter no matter where yer at! ;)

Yeah...the lack of mold here is a great thing but the lack of humidity can play havoc with you if you (let it) don't prep for it. Even so, I'll take >dry< over >humid< anyday<.

good luck all

Classic Remix

Classic Remix

no thanks, woodsman, been smoking weed from canada for ages,

im happy where im at.... but sky is right. we are all just speaking our experiences, and so far these last couple months my experiences with you is a friggin joke dude. 40+ years? think you'd have a couple more quips than a shitty MEME.... or two....

waayne

waayne

You know guys it's getting really old around here seeing so many threads getting derailed by petty personal attacks......

Everyone has a "personal" opinion ,and everyone else needs to be respectful of that fact......

I suggest y'all get this thread back on topic

Theoneandonly Z

Theoneandonly Z

I gotta say that the drama shit is dumb, y can't everyone just love each other... haha

But for real, that is a funny ass pic, I came up with 20 things to say about that, mainly something to do with a good grip on pussy..... alright time for another morning smoke, happy wakey bakey stonerZ

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Leaders are only as effective as their followers ...tolerance is acceptance.....its about time we accept thatganja is tolerant and our relationship with pot is individualized
What works for one persin may not work for others!!!
Peace

Classic Remix

Classic Remix

okay, well since there is a mod here let me know where this went wrong, please correct me if i am wrong as well

1. thread starter asked about his friends drying methods
2. everyone game their .02
3. i agreed with said methods saying for the right strains it works
4. i get attacked
5. i "retaliate" by politely saying opinions are opinions and go fuck yourself
6.somehow this gets fully derailed on some dick measuring shit with dumb pictures and evasive/degrading comments by woodsmaneh followed with some copy and paste bullshit not even a spec of notice of "hey thats interesting" but "hey what i have copy and pasted is fucking right and youre wrong, buddy" attitude.....
7. a mod comes in and says be nice, not even touching on the subjects at hand nor the shit being said or even the thread involved....

o_O am i missing something??? or is this place just totally a troll site now that is allowed???
you know its bad when the "rag" feels more inviting to truth and opinions than somewhere else...

waayne

waayne

CR the above post has nothing to do with curing and is off topic
This is my point ,all this petty Bull Shit going back and forth over who said what and got attacked
has nothing to do with this thread........
and does nothing to contribute anything knowledgeable about this topic......

thread closed............

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom