Has anyone seen this white spots on veins.

• Thread starter Skunt01
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Skunt01

Skunt01

What are those tiny white dots?
Do you have a scope or Loop?

I think this guy has the same thing going on, looks a lot like your issue? I sent him to this thread

Thank u. I will let u know how this works out next week.

20191026 150631
Skunt01

Skunt01

I think this guy has the same thing going on, looks a lot like your issue? I sent him to this thread

So it just started last week they were white spots now they started to turn yellowish now the spots go right through the leaves and shows on both sides no bugs or anything found on plant. I really do appreciate everyone input thank u guys I will let u know if it continues or if it stops just when from 5 gal to 20 gal and should start flowering with in the next week or so

20191026 171200
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

So it just started last week they were white spots now they started to turn yellowish now the spots go right through the leaves and shows on both sides no bugs or anything found on plant. I really do appreciate everyone input thank u guys I will let u know if it continues or if it stops just when from 5 gal to 20 gal and should start flowering with in the next week or so
Are you sure those are not bugs or eggs can you get a magnifying glass and like a pin or something see if they move or what they are cuz man they really look like mites, but it's strange that they're only on the veins?

And that's exactly what that guy quads has too? Weird? ..good luck I want to follow along I want to know what this is

Skunt01

Skunt01

Are you sure those are not bugs or eggs can you get a magnifying glass and like a pin or something see if they move or what they are cuz man they really look like mites, but it's strange that they're only on the veins?

And that's exactly what that guy quads has too? Weird? ..good luck I want to follow along I want to know what this is

I will try tomorrow and let u know

Skunt01

Skunt01

I think yours is also a phosphorus deficiency check this out and see what you think? View attachment 904980

View attachment 904979

Thank u again, I kinda wish I didn't transplant today so I could know for sure but I wonder should I add any nutz via watering or do u think since I have so much new soil I should be good?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Those spots are rust colored. I think its an advanced calcium deficiency due to too much nitrogen buildup. Leaves are thick and dark too. On the plant in the link i mean.

Not sure about the white dots.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Those spots are rust colored. I think its an advanced calcium deficiency due to too much nitrogen buildup. Leaves are thick and dark too. On the plant in the link i mean.

Not sure about the white dots.
Those pictures above are mine from the net, not op's. If you go back and look at op's pictures in initial post his leaves are green and healthy with the exception the white dots along the veins witch I believe is early phosphorus deficiency. I could be wrong but I spent a lot of time looking at this yesterday and I don't think I am.

In Quadcrushers thread you also have the white dots along the veins however you do see a more advanced deficiency which look more similar to the example of a phosphorus deficiency that I've posted above

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Thank u again, I kinda wish I didn't transplant today so I could know for sure but I wonder should I add any nutz via watering or do u think since I have so much new soil I should be good?
Some new soil might be the best things for them! I would go on with what I was doing, just keep an eye on it

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Those pictures above are mine from the net, not op's. If you go back and look at op's pictures in initial post his leaves are green and healthy with the exception the white dots along the veins witch I believe is early phosphorus deficiency. I could be wrong but I spent a lot of time looking at this yesterday and I don't think I am.

In Quadcrushers thread you also have the white dots along the veins however you do see a more advanced deficiency which look more similar to the example of a phosphorus deficiency that I've posted above

No i am talking about the linked thread. Clear calcium rust spots. In here the white dots are different and your phosphorous pics are also different in my opinion.

Still all the same fix. Fresh water to clear roots amd a complete balanced mild to medium feed after.

Skunt01

Skunt01

Some new soil might be the best things for them! I would go on with what I was doing, just keep an eye on it

So I was doing soil ph test before I mixed everything and after I mixed does it make any sense that I have to ph up my water to about 8 to get the slurry test of the soil to be 6.5?

Skunt01

Skunt01

ok i got you,so your scratching in as needed,so do a slurry test on your soil and lets go from there,you might be scratching in to much,sure looks like nute burn mate,tips and edges of leaves,lights and heat usally sarrate the edges of leaf with just a tad sticking up like a gators spikes if you dig,so do a slurry test easy to do,just put 1 part of your soil in a glass or cup and 2 parts ro or distilled water,stir it all up and let it sit 15-30 min,take your ph pen and stick in the liquid above the soil and below floating stuff,the liquid will give you you soil ph

So I did a slurry test of the soil. I'm using fox farm now mixing the 2 brands 1 to 1 and 5 to 1 with perlite since I'm transplant to my last pot size being 20 gal. I have to ph my water up to about 8 to get the soil test to be at 6.5 does that make sense to you

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

So I did a slurry test of the soil. I'm using fox farm now mixing the 2 brands 1 to 1 and 5 to 1 with perlite since I'm transplant to my last pot size being 20 gal. I have to ph my water up to about 8 to get the soil test to be at 6.5 does that make sense to you

Slurry test isnt done that way. It would take alot more acid or ph up to change the big pot of soil than the little sample. It is supposed to be ro or distilled water to get an accurate ph of the root zone.

I dont find this helpful though. The bagged soil likely has the proper anount of line or oyster shell to buffer the medium. Its not the ph we need to change. Its what is causing the ph swing we need to address.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

So I was doing soil ph test before I mixed everything and after I mixed does it make any sense that I have to ph up my water to about 8 to get the slurry test of the soil to be 6.5?
Pretty sure you got a phosphorus deficiency going on if you look up what I sent you you'll see that same picture on ilgm and growweedeasy representing phosphorus issues and thinking back and perhaps the reason I spent so much time looking this up yesterday I had this about three and a half years ago when I first started growing again and my first impulse then was also mites, but now I recall the white spots were only on the veins on otherwise healthy looking plants just like yours

I never did figure it out then, that's why I searched it out yesterday. I think you'll be okay, especially with the new soil. I would continue to water 6.5 however I would check what I'm feeding though, because something is causing the imbalance. I recommend balanced nutrients.

Do a slurry test again get both PPM and pH this time. You will need either Ro or distilled water use a ratio of one part soil to two parts water stir the hell out of it and let it sit for 15 minutes and then take your readings for best results good luck

Moshmen

Moshmen

Slurry test isnt done that way. It would take alot more acid or ph up to change the big pot of soil than the little sample. It is supposed to be ro or distilled water to get an accurate ph of the root zone.

I dont find this helpful though. The bagged soil likely has the proper anount of line or oyster shell to buffer the medium. Its not the ph we need to change. Its what is causing the ph swing we need to address.
I can’t say for sure that it was the same thing but my leaves started out like that and after so
Ecoverfeeding and wrong ph water 8 is wrong for sure no matter what the soil is . Trust me I tried it too! Just made mine worse until I did what these guys suggested and was able to save it but if your not careful this iwhat u will end up with notice the spots in interleaf is where it all started!

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I can’t say for sure that it was the same thing but my leaves started out like that and after so
Ecoverfeeding and wrong ph water 8 is wrong for sure no matter what the soil is . Trust me I tried it too! Just made mine worse until I did what these guys suggested and was able to save it but if your not careful this iwhat u will end up with notice the spots in interleaf is where it all started!

The ph isnt the issue. The alkalinity in our water is. I use 8.0 well water and never ph adjust. But it is only 150ppm mineral content.

Skunt01

Skunt01

Pretty sure you got a phosphorus deficiency going on if you look up what I sent you you'll see that same picture on ilgm and growweedeasy representing phosphorus issues and thinking back and perhaps the reason I spent so much time looking this up yesterday I had this about three and a half years ago when I first started growing again and my first impulse then was also mites, but now I recall the white spots were only on the veins on otherwise healthy looking plants just like yours

I never did figure it out then, that's why I searched it out yesterday. I think you'll be okay, especially with the new soil. I would continue to water 6.5 however I would check what I'm feeding though, because something is causing the imbalance. I recommend balanced nutrients.

Do a slurry test again get both PPM and pH this time. You will need either Ro or distilled water use a ratio of one part soil to two parts water stir the hell out of it and let it sit for 15 minutes and then take your readings for best results good luck

Ya it makes a lot of sense what ur saying. I'm not feeding any just water nothing added. Thank u again for all ur inputs.

Moshmen

Moshmen

The ph isnt the issue. The alkalinity in our water is. I use 8.0 well water and never ph adjust. But it is only 150ppm mineral content.
U didn’t just dump soil out of a bag and water from the well though. U have had some practice for sure! Lol how long you been growin? And technically ph is a way of measuring the alkalinity

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Exactly it's the amount of carbonate and bicarbonate. You could have high ph with minimal carbonate and bicarbonate that takes very little acid to lower or high ph containing lots of carbonate or bicarbonate that takes tons of acid to lower.

The lower the amount of carbonate, bicarbonate the more easily the ph is influenced by acid and vice versa

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

To me that looks more like mites! you see how op has all the white dots on the veins including the main vein, but you have none on the main veins and they're all over the place, if I were you I would at least check?

Top Bottom