Has anyone seen this white spots on veins.

• Thread starter Skunt01
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Skunt01

Skunt01

Slurry test isnt done that way. It would take alot more acid or ph up to change the big pot of soil than the little sample. It is supposed to be ro or distilled water to get an accurate ph of the root zone.

I dont find this helpful though. The bagged soil likely has the proper anount of line or oyster shell to buffer the medium. Its not the ph we need to change. Its what is causing the ph swing we need to address.

I thought slurry test is done by taking 1 oz of soil 2 oz of water mixing and let sit for 30 min. Then I filter soil out of water then I us a ph water tester filling half the container then adding 4 drop of solution then compare color to chart? Is not not right?

Moshmen

Moshmen

To me that looks more like mites! you see how op has all the white dots on the veins including the main vein, but you have none on the main veins and they're all over the place, if I were you I would at least check?
Ya wasn’t mites that was my first concern , I have other plants next to her no problems, I don’t know what it was really! I just know I could get it straight until I got the root zone corrected and started over . I’m sure at some point I locked it up trying to stop the spots

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I thought slurry test is done by taking 1 oz of soil 2 oz of water mixing and let sit for 30 min. Then I filter soil out of water then I us a ph water tester filling half the container then adding 4 drop of solution then compare color to chart? Is not not right?
Yes that's right but you should use distilled water. Depending on the RO unit and how well it's maintained it can vary from 1-2ppm to 50ppm I have seen come from those auto fill units.

Most drop tests I think require 5 ml for testing

Moshmen

Moshmen

Where is old school when ya need him?!! Slurry master

Skunt01

Skunt01

Yes that's right but you should use distilled water. Depending on the RO unit and how well it's maintained it can vary from 1-2ppm to 50ppm I have seen come from those auto fill units.

Most drop tests I think require 5 ml for testing

Ok now this is just me being stupid but what's the reason for RO water shouldn't u use what ur putting in the soil to get an accurate reading. I was looking up what the ph is of fox farm soil and what they say it is isn't what I'm getting is that because I'm not using RO water or should I be using RO water for my plants instead of using gal jugs? I normally use arrowhead but last week I ended up getting the store brand and then all this shit started happening. I'm sorry for such beginners question.

Moshmen

Moshmen

Ok now this is just me being stupid but what's the reason for RO water shouldn't u use what ur putting in the soil to get an accurate reading. I was looking up what the ph is of fox farm soil and what they say it is isn't what I'm getting is that because I'm not using RO water or should I be using RO water for my plants instead of using gal jugs? I normally use arrowhead but last week I ended up getting the store brand and then all this shit started happening. I'm sorry for such beginners question.
I use store bought distilled water seems to work ? But wait for aqua man to answer

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

You can use whatever water source you want to feed your plants. RO is an option if your tap water contains high carbonate or bicarbonate. But personally in almost all cases tap should be more than adequate.

If you are doing a slurry test you want to use distilled in order to get the true ph of the soil. Low quality RO and tap water can influence the ph if your slurry test. So do the test with distilled if possible.

Now when you are measuring run off you have to keep in mind the soil does not buffer the ph if your feed instantly and it need some dwell time before the ph will adjust to the ph of the soil. So run off is not nearly as accurate as a slurry test.

Skunt01

Skunt01

You can use whatever water source you want to feed your plants. RO is an option if your tap water contains high carbonate or bicarbonate. But personally in almost all cases tap should be more than adequate.

If you are doing a slurry test you want to use distilled in order to get the true ph of the soil. Low quality RO and tap water can influence the ph if your slurry test. So do the test with distilled if possible.

Now when you are measuring run off you have to keep in mind the soil does not buffer the ph if your feed instantly and it need some dwell time before the ph will adjust to the ph of the soil. So run off is not nearly as accurate as a slurry test.

So should I use distilled water instead of bottled water for my baby?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

So should I use distilled water instead of bottled water for my baby?
I would say no need but with that said using RO will not hurt anything and could be beneficial if you have high carbonates. I have a soil grow going but I am by no means a soil grower while I do understand how ph works and how it's influenced in both soil and hydro this is my opinion and others may or may not agree with it.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

The reason for testing with distilled is it will give you the true ph of the soil... Free from influence of water source.

Now testing with tap will usually influence the ph of your slurry test. You have to understand that there is 2 times as much water as soil. This does not occur in your growing conditions. So the water source used in a slurry test has a very large impact on the ph simply because of the ratio used .. that why you need to use distilled.

Now under normal growing conditions the soil to water ratio is much different and therefore the influence of the source water on ph is much less.

So while you need to use distilled Ina slurry test the test result cannot be used to determine in influence of say tap water on your soil. It's a flawed calculation.

Does that help break that part down?

Skunt01

Skunt01

The reason for testing with distilled is it will give you the true ph of the soil... Free from influence of water source.

Now testing with tap will usually influence the ph of your slurry test. You have to understand that there is 2 times as much water as soil. This does not occur in your growing conditions. So the water source used in a slurry test has a very large impact on the ph simply because of the ratio used .. that why you need to use distilled.

Now under normal growing conditions the soil to water ratio is much different and therefore the influence of the source water on ph is much less.

So while you need to use distilled Ina slurry test the test result cannot be used to determine in influence of say tap water on your soil. It's a flawed calculation.

Does that help break that part down?

Yes it does I feel like an idiot's now thank u guys I hope I just didn't fuck shit up

Skunt01

Skunt01

Just for an update thank u guys I've been giving her some nutz and also some cal mag looks like it's not popping up on any other growth. Only thing is the ones that had the spots on the vain the edge of them now have some burnt spots but I also had the new HPS bulb to close for a few days but shes looking healthy

20191107 170412
20191107 170347
20191107 170343
Judaz

Judaz

Dude aside from the insect problems and whatever lock out you have going. You gotta a bigger problem. You got duds. Look at your branching pattern. They are growing sideways. Your plants have mutated from the hop latent viroid.
0E32951E 8B6A 4FD0 AC68 5140844B9AA5

This will make your plant extremely weak and susceptible to bugs and nutrient lock outs. You maybe doing everything right but the plant is a dud. Get rid of it, study this thread last 5 pages is where the best info is. Quarantine that shit and trash it. If your mother dudded get new cuts start all over disinfect with bleach cause that shit spreads fast. 4th person today I’ve diagnosed duds. This is crazy it’s becoming an epidemic everywhere

Skunt01

Skunt01

Dude aside from the insect problems and whatever lock out you have going. You gotta a bigger problem. You got duds. Look at your branching pattern. They are growing sideways. Your plants have mutated from the hop latent viroid. View attachment 908720

This will make your plant extremely weak and susceptible to bugs and nutrient lock outs. You maybe doing everything right but the plant is a dud. Get rid of it, study this thread last 5 pages is where the best info is. Quarantine that shit and trash it. If your mother dudded get new cuts start all over disinfect with bleach cause that shit spreads fast. 4th person today I’ve diagnosed duds. This is crazy it’s becoming an epidemic everywhere

Thanks for ur input but there is no bug problem nor is it a dude I trained her to grow like that. And she has no balls.

Top Bottom