Has Anyone Tried Commercial Led Lights?

• Thread starter Warmhands
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Judging by the spec sheet I'd say not a bad find......

Lumens are for humans. Plants respond to umoles

these lights are for high ceilings and wide dispersion, not concentrating light to a confined grow spot/area

They would be good supplemental light in a greenhouse

See the Emerson Affect- basically for each cubic foot above and beyond (perimeter) light intensity diminishes by half

Last edited:
Leew421

Leew421

If I had the money I would buy a bunch of them and sell for $700. Like the guys out there I think they are better than some of the lights out there going for $500, $800. These are made in the U.S. and have a ten year warranty I don't even have the money to buy one I am using cfls and black lights
You use blacklight?

XxTheWolfxX

XxTheWolfxX

This post is a little old but my experience thus far with a commercial high bay grow light from cirrus led called “400TL” that uses the Samsung LM301H diodes as well as mixing in some osram UV and far red diodes is I’m beyond thrilled with the performance. These lights never went to market. Cirrus LED decided to drop their grow light line and liquidated their grow lights and concentrate on LED displays and hubs.. I picked up 10 from their warehouse in Portsmouth, NH for $70 a unit. They draw 433watts at the wall and are hella bright, they use a inventronics dimmable led driver and are 120v / 240v. At 21-22 watts per sq ft at 30” I have between 1500-2200 ppfd over the canopy at full draw. It is too much!! I have to dim them. My take away is you need a minimum of 30” with this particular light that was designed for high bay warehouse / greenhouse with ample head room to be able to get a uniform ppfd reading that is within tolerable limits for marijuana. I just transplanted these plants a week ago and introduced them to these new lights stressed my girls right out even with co2 and temps in high 80’s / low 90’s most are recovering but 1 or two of them got light burned pretty good even at 25”-30”.. this is my first run with these so I’m still dialing in the lighting and heights and yield will suffer unfortunately but by next run I should have them dialed in..

Yoyi83

Yoyi83

This post is a little old but my experience thus far with a commercial high bay grow light from cirrus led called “400TL” that uses the Samsung LM301H diodes as well as mixing in some osram UV and far red diodes is I’m beyond thrilled with the performance. These lights never went to market. Cirrus LED decided to drop their grow light line and liquidated their grow lights and concentrate on LED displays and hubs.. I picked up 10 from their warehouse in Portsmouth, NH for $70 a unit. They draw 433watts at the wall and are hella bright, they use a inventronics dimmable led driver and are 120v / 240v. At 21-22 watts per sq ft at 30” I have between 1500-2200 ppfd over the canopy at full draw. It is too much!! I have to dim them. My take away is you need a minimum of 30” with this particular light that was designed for high bay warehouse / greenhouse with ample head room to be able to get a uniform ppfd reading that is within tolerable limits for marijuana. I just transplanted these plants a week ago and introduced them to these new lights stressed my girls right out even with co2 and temps in high 80’s / low 90’s most are recovering but 1 or two of them got light burned pretty good even at 25”-30”.. this is my first run with these so I’m still dialing in the lighting and heights and yield will suffer unfortunately but by next run I should have them dialed in..
Dang awesome deal do they have anymore available?

XxTheWolfxX

XxTheWolfxX

Dang awesome deal do they have anymore available?
As you can imagine the Cannabis community was all over it as well as others trying to make a buck by buying them up and selling on eBay. I managed to get 10 of them and 2 of the reflex UV light bars. Cirrus is all out of the 400TLs but they have some reflex bars and for 70 bucks as well as thier 1k units which are driverless cobs and also are a heavyweight light but your not saving much because it’s a true 1000w fixture. They claim it outperforms the DE 1000’s though. You have to go to their warehouse in Portsmouth, NH, they won’t ship them. But there’s a guy on eBay from mass that bought a bunch and he’s selling them for $275 which is still a bargain if you ask me. They could retail for double or even triple that. Just search “400TL LED grow light” and it should pop up on eBay.

Top Bottom