has Neone heard of Fractional terpene distillation??

• Thread starter wpg_breeder
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

wpg_breeder

a process similar to alcohol distillation if im not mistaken? theres also a method using a "green solvent" known as Super critical carbon dioxide and extracting THC the same way the fragrance industy extracts scents from differant plants and such....Please chime in if uv hear of these "clean" methods of extraction

L

Lost

I have. There is another site that has some guys that know a little bit about it. It looked like it would have been a real possibility to see it main steam, then Cali started to crack down on it and the little coming outta san fran dried up.. :(

Z

zoeronerer

have done it dangerous to have all that glassware around da house.... we distilled scent from leaves its not smoke able we wer going to make weed cologne because it had zero thc in the end product when my lavender extraction expert buddy did it. then we kinda realized people would buy it and doop people with the dank spray on pretendica.....so we backed off. read all the perfume stuff buy glassware from industrial salvage. great smoke able oils can be produced as well its a personal use kinda thing lotsa lab time. but fun

Graywolf

Graywolf

We do fractional distillation using both a Kugelrohr, and a molecular still. The terpenes coming off are in poor condition.

Steam distillation actually works well for the C-10 monoterpenes, and C-15 sesqui terpenes, but not for the C-20 and above.

RochesterCo2

RochesterCo2

Are you talking about short path fractional distillation? I'm going to get one of those soon and have been looking to talk to others who use the same equipment.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Been smoking distillate last 2 weeks now. My buddy make it currently. I'm still on the fence about pulling the trigger on my setup.

20170312 205135
20170312 205102

RochesterCo2

RochesterCo2

I remember seeing this video! Definitely one of the best ones out there so far. Wish they would go into more detail about their process and equipment though. This video I found has been an exceptional one too!

I'd like to see more people putting out videos like these! That'd be fantastic

Graywolf

Graywolf

Are you talking about short path fractional distillation? I'm going to get one of those soon and have been looking to talk to others who use the same equipment.
We are currently doing short path using equipment Pharmer Joe made, but started with a Kugelrohr and PJ also built a molecular still he named a Trommel.

Pharmgold currently owns the IP on the Trommel, and recently closed their doors, so the Trommel may or may not rear it's head again. It processed pounds per hour as well, and was designed for large scale production.

Latest posts

Top Bottom