Have 5'x5' Room And Need Best Light

• Thread starter Amwar420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Pimp T

Pimp T

This is factoring in your $1300 budget. dont let me change your mind brother im just tellin you what id do. If your heart says go for leds do it. I did despite what i was told. But wound up following advice i was given haha good thing i got the 90 day money back satisfaction led. Not sayin leds suck or anything just saying they wont yield as much as hps.Quality is there.now on to what id do with $1300.if your asking everything for 5x5 ground up first you need to address your environment. Id go with a 8000 btu window unit if a windows in the room or a portable ac if not. They are about $225 at home depot. You would need air exchange a small amazon duct fan for intakewould work I have one it was $20.no special outlet just a 120v you would need the gavitas 600e se 120v. Not the 240v older models. they are on google $388 a piece. You would need inline fan and carbon filter of course And you could also use the carbon filters inline fan to exhaust air.Light hangers. light timer. Ph meter. Nutes. dirt coco or hydro bucket which ever medium u plan on using.Small oscillating fans would be helpful. Also with two gavitas in 5x5 id do more than two plants. Unless your two plants are from clones that you kno are guaranteed what you want and you plan on vegging them for 6-8 weeks in a bigger pot 7 -10 gallon. Otherwise if from fem seed pack id probably do no less 3 5 gal pots per light. C02 helpful not necessary I wouldnt.and if I did in that space id get tnb's enhancer c02 bottle for that space add warm water and itll put out nice c02 levels for 2 weeks per bottle I think they are $30 a piece. You can calculate your light bills outcome with this setup your current light bill shows how much they charge per kilowatt hour you can check the wattage of all equipment and Estimate Your bill. Id round off everything as far as the grow to be about 3 kilowatts 18 hours a day in veg and 12 hours a day in flower.In my area considering household appliances and central ac itd be about $300-350 for me. And if light bills a concern. Then id go with 2 315w ceramic metal halides they run cooler and will be perfect in a 5x5 wouldnt tield as much as gavitas but probably would yield more than led. Grobal distributors and cycloptics make 315w cmhs about $400 a piece google them. Whatever I did tho I wouldnt spend $1300 on one light even if I did go led

Last edited:
Amwar420

Amwar420

Thanks Bro its helping alot, so you would do 3 plants per light in the scrog though? Didnt think i would have enough room to LST 6plants in my 5'x5' room, thought they would kinda like grow straight up? And should i get hoods or hang them vertically and with Mylar? and does the 120v come with the 600w se?

Pimp T

Pimp T

It depends on the plants per light like I said if I was doin something from clone that Ive grown before like say gorilla glue for example maybe I would do a 10 gallon pot per light if i was goin the 2 plant two light route and veg for awhile top and supercrop to really bush it out to fill that whole light footprint. ive never used a screen supercropping and topping to bush it out works good enough for me so im not the one to talk to about that. I only said 6 plants for seeds to guarantee youll fill the footprint and find a good pheno. But I dont see 6 plants being too much for a 5x5 at all.and yeah if 6 of the same strains id scrog um.Yes the gavita 600e se comes with ballast bulb reflector and 120v cord. If you go with gavita or cmh they already come with hoods bulbs and ballast. Mylar would be a plus with white walls I wouldnt said it was absoluely necessary but def a plus.

Last edited:
xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
your gonna need a veg area as well or your gonna have alot of down time. as you will have to wait for the run to finish pop seeds sex them if they aint fem and then veg before you can flip. or if you have a way of getting clones you still are gonna need to veg them for about a month before you can flip

Amwar420

Amwar420

Thanks Pimp T.. Do u have a link for the gravitas your talking about, i seen the 240v?

Amwar420

Amwar420

Do i have to have a veg room, cant grow in same room? Im getting femanized purple kush. I know i veg for 4-6 weeks maybe longer, then start to flower.. down time?? Xx kid twist xx

Amwar420

Amwar420

All i have is one room though, wont it be hard to veg and flower in the same room and they need different temps and humidity?

Amwar420

Amwar420

So get the 2 600e se gravitas non cooled or the ones i attach the inline duct fan to? Was watching a video on setting up rooms and it say get non cooled lights because the glass in front of the light takes away some intensity of the light. Get a carbon filter and put it on the ground with the fan on top with the ducting connected going to the other side of the room. Two rotating fans, ac window unit, a dehumodifier and a c02 tank..?

Pimp T

Pimp T

Non cooled gavita 600e se's window unit dehumidifier carbon filter inline fan 2 oscillating fans light hangers and light timer and a hygrometer so youll know temps and humidity that should do it. c02 if you wanna deal with the hassle. with the gavitas in that space youll be yielding great without c02. Check out tnb naturals enhancer c02 it works great substitute for a tank In a 5x5 space

Pimp T

Pimp T

With a good vegging topping and 5 or 7 gallon pots you should get no less than 2 units.

Amwar420

Amwar420

One more ?? Should i have the exhaust fan and carbon filter channeling that air to another room or just sit it on the grown?

Pimp T

Pimp T

In that space I wouldnt exhaust it out. If you duct it to another room you would have to have a intake fan bringing air in

Top Bottom