Have Had Plants Hanging For A Little Over 3 Weeks

• Thread starter legaleyes13
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
legaleyes13

legaleyes13

have had plants hanging for a little longer than normal. Haven't been able to hand trim fast enough so still have a lot of em hanging. I've given up on hand trimming and I'm gonna get a trim machine to take care of the rest, but how much longer can I leave em hanging until it's ruined...? The dry room environment is pretty close to perfect, but still don't want em hanging too long.

Thanks in advacne

Natural

Natural

whole plant?...np. Temps and humidity (60 rh)are important at that stage though. Hanging some freshly chopped plants in there with them can really help if that's doable. They can go right into vac seal and out the door. Machine trim would be real hard on em at this point though

legaleyes13

legaleyes13

I mean, if I can lay them in totes and trim em while they're curing, then going the hand trimming route isn't out of the question... I'll say this though, I'm super busy with life and unwilling to bring in anyone else to help with the hand trimming so it will take forever to hand trim. The trimmer I'd be grabbing would be a dry trimmer, wanted to avoid using one, but almost feel like I have no choice if the curing before trimming route isn't an option.

Oh and yeah... had the whole plant hang drying.

Bannacis

Bannacis

Trying to cure with extra leafy material is going to make your finished buds taste leafy/grassy.
I know of putting wet untrimmed in bags and freezing, not for long periods. and let material reach room temps before opening. This is not ideal IMO, but might work for you until you get your bud beater trimmer.

Curing requires a closed container that has no fluctuation in its inner environment except what the buds cause.
leaving them hang out in open will result in dry crispy crud.
Maybe in future, arrange your grow so that it is in stages, were you harvest only part of it every 2 weeks maybe?
Not so much to trim at once.
Good luck.

cannabeans

cannabeans

Trying to cure with extra leafy material is going to make your finished buds taste leafy/grassy.
This statement is untrue...
For me personally... I am like you Legaleyes13, I prefer to do all my trimming myself too..
So I dry and cure the whole plants as well.. After the stem starts to snap on the first drying process, I remove most of the main stem and place the buds with sugar leaves and sticks in large garbage bag. ( You can use whatever you want). There will be moisture in the stem that will be sucked to the surface when you seal the bags...You will need to burb the bags and also flip the buds around..( buds on the bottom of the bag to the surface to encourage and even dry. After the plants stems and buds are dry enough... I close the bags tightly and check periodically...
When it comes time to need some herb.. I will grab a branch that has been dried and cured at this point... Use my scissors to gently knock off the sugar leaves... during this process you are disturbing the terpenes that have been locked in the plant by curing properly. I find that this process not only enhances my flavor but also the smell...
when I bring medicine to people it is Always very fragrant and tasty!.
I hope my process will help you...
B

mancdank

mancdank

There's a few machines for dry trim but none with a decent price most are 4k up so for small rooms is out of the question. I read a article from soma some years back saying he used to just box it all up in card boxes minus the major stems and big leaf and leave it in the dark for 6 months and this was his secret to winning so many cups I personally have never tried this method as my ganja is up in smoke long before 6 months so basically what I reckon is get all the big stuff off it get it boxed up and do it 1 box at a time surly it's not going to take longer than 6 month to trim :)

Bannacis

Bannacis

This statement is untrue...
For me personally... I am like you Legaleyes13, I prefer to do all my trimming myself too..
So I dry and cure the whole plants as well.. After the stem starts to snap on the first drying process, I remove most of the main stem and place the buds with sugar leaves and sticks in large garbage bag. ( You can use whatever you want). There will be moisture in the stem that will be sucked to the surface when you seal the bags...You will need to burb the bags and also flip the buds around..( buds on the bottom of the bag to the surface to encourage and even dry. After the plants stems and buds are dry enough... I close the bags tightly and check periodically...
When it comes time to need some herb.. I will grab a branch that has been dried and cured at this point... Use my scissors to gently knock off the sugar leaves... during this process you are disturbing the terpenes that have been locked in the plant by curing properly. I find that this process not only enhances my flavor but also the smell...
when I bring medicine to people it is Always very fragrant and tasty!.
I hope my process will help you...
B

I stand corrected, what works for you. not impressed with what I got using that method, might have to do with possibly different temps and humidity while drying. I mighta dunna fubar...lol

Natural

Natural

@legaleyes13 if you had to buy more time and trim at leisure..I wouldn't buck them yet necessarily. I know guys who do this with large amounts of outdoor. cut the plant down into long enough stalks to fit in a tub with lid and store them in a room that is cool and dark with humidity near 60%. The buds won't turn to powder kept this way, attached to stemmage and sealed in a decent environment. If you get them away from open air it will help keep them more green too.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I've done the tub but be prepared for the bottom buds to end up with flat spots.
have had plants hanging for a little longer than normal. Haven't been able to hand trim fast enough so still have a lot of em hanging. I've given up on hand trimming and I'm gonna get a trim machine to take care of the rest, but how much longer can I leave em hanging until it's ruined...? The dry room environment is pretty close to perfect, but still don't want em hanging too long.

Thanks in advacne
If there's no light hitting them and temps and RH are stable, especially cooler temps, almost indefinitely. Months.
whole plant?...np. Temps and humidity (60 rh)are important at that stage though. Hanging some freshly chopped plants in there with them can really help if that's doable. They can go right into vac seal and out the door. Machine trim would be real hard on em at this point though
Only if he does it at too low an RH. I know it takes a LOT longer dry trimming in a machine at higher RH, but the results are worth it in my humble opinion. I did mine with a borrowed TrimPal.

Bannacis

Bannacis

I am just saying what works for me...
As we all know there are many ways to skin a cat...
I hope I did not come off as rude... If so.. I apologize
Nah your good, the farm is all about experiences. my cat was flayed...nyuk nyuk.

Bulldog420

Bulldog420

Premium Member
Supporter
Buck everything down into bins. Once everything is bucked down, put everything in a 60% RH room for two days with the lid open. Done. Now you can trim whenever.

I plan to leave the last of my harvest up for as long as it takes in my dry room. My dry room is set at 55% RH and 68 degrees F. Can stay that way for months.

Latest posts

Top Bottom