Have I defoliated to much?

• Thread starter Dirtymuckel
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dirtymuckel

Dirtymuckel

Hey folks I’m into my 3rd week off flowering, half way through the week or more near to the end off it and i decided to defoliate the girl but I think I may have trimmed to much as I didn’t leave any fan leafs behind, wondering will this be an issue? Some photos below for opinions, thank you very much in advance for your time and info 🙏

B5473B6D 4761 40EF 8E74 28BDBBD9DF62
BAE77713 C7B5 4EC3 89A1 3982A6424132
Dirtymuckel

Dirtymuckel

It’s going to slow it up a bit I’m in the no leaf off till it’s dead and plant is hanging drying . Just my 2 nickels ... the leaves are the plants engine room .... Od .
Cheers for the reply mate, will it still be all good tho and harvest regardless?

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Cheers for the reply mate, will it still be all good tho and harvest regardless?
Not sure but I’m guessing it will get going soon there’s a certain time for doing what you have done usually just at flip time as they stretch but as said I’m not a leaf puller I’ll tag @Dirtbag he’s a great guy and I’m sure can give you the dirt on timing . Regards OD.

Dirtymuckel

Dirtymuckel

Not sure but I’m guessing it will get going soon there’s a certain time for doing what you have done usually just at flip time as they stretch but as said I’m not a leaf puller I’ll tag @Dirtbag he’s a great guy and I’m sure can give you the dirt on timing . Regards OD.
All good bro thanks once again for taking your time to help 🙏 yeah I watched on a YouTube video week 3 is probably the only time in flowering you can do that but I was wondering would it be an issue because I didn’t leave any fan leafs because like you said I’m aware leafs are storage for growth etc. Appreciate it once again bro

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
All good bro thanks once again for taking your time to help 🙏 yeah I watched on a YouTube video week 3 is probably the only time in flowering you can do that but I was wondering would it be an issue because I didn’t leave any fan leafs because like you said I’m aware leafs are storage for growth etc. Appreciate it once again bro
It's all in the learning curve there's no book of rules you just got to go on your gut feeling and see what happens . Od

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Ive got a buddy that schwazzes hard, hed say you missed a few lol.
As for timing, he strips between week 2-3 of flower, and again 2 weeks before harvest.
Also helps if you lower temperatures a little bit after you do it for a few days apparently. Not sure why but thats what he says.

Dirtymuckel

Dirtymuckel

It's all in the learning curve there's no book of rules you just got to go on your gut feeling and see what happens . Od
Yeah bro I’m very limited to the light I’m getting on the plant that’s why I turned to this method

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
As for timing, he strips between week 2-3 of flower, and again 2 weeks before harvest.
Also helps if you lower temperatures a little bit after you do it for a few days apparently. Not sure why but thats what he says.
Cheers dirt ...

Dirtymuckel

Dirtymuckel

Unreal bro thanks so much for that extra info you’ve given me a bit more peace of mind lol. That actually suits me perfect because this is an outdoor grow and I’m based in the north of Ireland so the temperatures outside haven’t been getting much higher than 15 degrees dropping down to 7-8 at night (I am speaking in Celsius btw) that’s also why I’m using this technique because off the lack of light im getting from the son this time off year

Last edited:
FourthCity

FourthCity

Hey folks I’m into my 3rd week off flowering, half way through the week or more near to the end off it and i decided to defoliate the girl but I think I may have trimmed to much as I didn’t leave any fan leafs behind, wondering will this be an issue? Some photos below for opinions, thank you very much in advance for your time and info 🙏
When you have areas that are very densely foliated, like a leaf traffic jam where they are all stacked up and only the top leaf gets light then it can be beneficial to remove the lower ones that are only sapping energy and blocking airflow but your plant looks like it stretched enough that this would be unnecessary. I don't really think what you did will cause much change in the weight of your harvest but I would expect the buds themselves to become more leafy to make up for what has been trimmed away. You say you are concerned about the lack of lighting you are getting but that is exactly why you need every healthy leaf possible to help collect the light.

Dirtymuckel

Dirtymuckel

When you have areas that are very densely foliated, like a leaf traffic jam where they are all stacked up and only the top leaf gets light then it can be beneficial to remove the lower ones that are only sapping energy and blocking airflow but your plant looks like it stretched enough that this would be unnecessary. I don't really think what you did will cause much change in the weight of your harvest but I would expect the buds themselves to become more leafy to make up for what has been trimmed away. You say you are concerned about the lack of lighting you are getting but that is exactly why you need every healthy leaf possible to help collect the light.
Is right mate that could be a great shout in regards to what way the buds turn out, I’ll defo have to keep an eye on that and see how it pans out. Yeah I’m a rookie anyway mate this is a learning curve for me I just seen someone else do this on a YouTube video and their plant seemed very similar to mine but I probably should have came here for a second opinion first lol. Thanks very much for your info and time anyway mate 🙏

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Unreal bro thanks so much for that extra info you’ve given me a bit more peace of mind lol. That actually suits me perfect because this is an outdoor grow and I’m based in the north of Ireland so the temperatures outside haven’t been getting much higher than 15 degrees dropping down to 7-8 at night (I am speaking in Celsius btw) that’s also why I’m using this technique because off the lack of light im getting from the son this time off year
Yikes, thats the 54th parallel! Im on the 49th and its almost impossible to finish plants outdoors.

Dirtymuckel

Dirtymuckel

Yikes, thats the 54th parallel! Im on the 49th and its almost impossible to finish plants outdoors.
Damn so you reckon I’m gonna have a hard time trying to harvest this girl due to where I’m at in the world?

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
I would start to make a white closh but it around the plant to help with some light reflection and shelter from wind n the cold that's coming . Just a far south Aussie growers way of getting my outdoor crops finished I'm still seeing penguin whearing Polla necks sweaters down here I have to battle the cold .I use white feed bags that you get grain n seeds in with tomato stakes to hold them up . Od .

Dirtymuckel

Dirtymuckel

I would start to make a white closh but it around the plant to help with some light reflection and shelter from wind n the cold that's coming . Just a far south Aussie growers way of getting my outdoor crops finished I'm still seeing penguin whearing Polla necks sweaters down here I have to battle the cold .I use white feed bags that you get grain n seeds in with tomato stakes to hold them up . Od .
Great shout dog a reflector underneath or around the pot will be great for the underside and wee popcorn buds I have going on. I’ve spoke to a UK grower Who said he’s harvested in lower temps than I’m worrying about so fingers crossed 🤞

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
I'm in Tassie mine get snowed on tuff as all get out . If it's going to be wet weather I just tie mine over to base of plant turn the leaves into raincoats .

Dirtymuckel

Dirtymuckel

I'm in Tassie mine get snowed on tuff as all get out . If it's going to be wet weather I just tie mine over to base of plant turn the leaves into raincoats .
Lethal mate just fucking right, I’d put money on it for centuries the plant managed to survive and harvest in places it shouldn’t naturally, it can be done💪 Happy growing one drop, you’ve been so much help here along with everyone else who commented couldn’t thank you enough mate🤝

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
No they get snowed on it sure ain't icing sugar , anyway glad your on the farm and enjoying the community we are here for the same reason Cobba One Plant One Community. Have fun .

TheKushie

TheKushie

Lol looks ugly now but it is a weed and will grow back like nothing happen unless it's a strain that doesn't like that type of technique

Top Bottom