Have to chop early

• Thread starter Dmassive
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Dmassive

Ok, so here is the deal. The in-laws decided to come to town and only give us a weeks notice and they aren't green friendly. :doh

My crop is two weeks out from completion so my plan is to just chop a week early and move all the gear into my garage.

My question:
Is there anything that can be done help it start finishing early? For instance maybe lower daylight hours to 10 instead of 12? Give it 3 days of darkness before chopping?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

P

paulycali

I would assume you could change the light cycle to replicate the last days of fall. Theres also products out there that claim they speed up the finishing time for flowering. But your main concern right now should be flushing and figuring out if you can ripen them faster with a light cycle change. Good Luck!

A

amstercal

Definitely go for the flush! Get some ClearX or similar product asap. I'd rather slightly less mature bud than soapy bud. I'm really picky about soapy tasting stuff though.

waayne

waayne

If you have an AC better crank it up,drop the day temps to 70 degrees,the nights to 60 degrees
Good luck!!!

D

Dmassive

Anyone with some real information regarding finishing early?

R

Radio_Dread

Anyone with some real information regarding finishing early?

wow are you totally just dis-regarding all the tips the farmers have given u? i think your response is kinda rude if you ask me.:hunter:

S

Skywalkin420

your best bet is to give it more darkness than light for a few days then just throw it in the dark, other than that im sorry to hear you gotta chop early, ive always been upset with the results from not waiting but what can you do

Y

yamama

depending on the strain it will vary, i can chop cheese from 8.5 to 10 week no prob only the yeild is effected slightly but the amnesia i run needs 10 week min or its that eyes wide open cant sleep sorta hit that i dont personally care for. as for a product to speed it up i dont see the point in wasting the cash. its a hard bullet to swallow but if u gotta chop it u gotta chop it. but if they gonna be there when its drying out that may be even worse than if its growing, i run a carbon filter in my drying room an the place still stinks like mad.
sorry i cant provide a miracle answer but in this situation i dont think there is one other than u gotta do what u think is best.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I agree you could try to set them up in a hotel or lock up your grow room and tell them it`s being used by a friend for storage.If you do the later make sure they can`t hear the fans going.If you have a trusted friend that has room you could move your grow. You could also cansel the visit but make sure you have a good excuse and rebook them later when your grow is in the jars. Other than that not sure what you can do but the above ideas. Good luck! Aint family Grand?

F

farmerjohn

Chop down the In-Laws, not the crop!

I have to agree with radio. I read that response & my jaw dropped to the floor! lol Let's chalk it up to noob manners & try to help this poor guy, though.:surprised

Since you don't have much time, immediately turn the light cycle to 10 on, 14 off. Probably do the other things that have been put out there too. Can't hurt @ this point.:shake

Finally, do what the title suggests or have them a hotel room ready when they arrive. Beats the hell out of early chopping, if you ask me. That is if it is within your power to do so. Something tells me it may not be your decision to make. Good luck. @ any rate.:mad0223:

W

WolfDawg

Get that carbon filter running strong and do the hotel thing and lock the room down tight.

Good luck either way I've been in a similar early chop situation so I feel your pain brother.

southstreets

southstreets

just do what i did.. let them come over.. show them the crop then tell them this is my house and if u dont wanna respect the way i do things n my own home then theres the door.. the inlaws never askd to stay at the house again.. prolem solved...

420Gator

420Gator

if the harvest is big enuff definitely go the hotel route, if its not big enuff.....well,, whats a week? or tell them not to worry about whats in the room

greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter
Damn good points fella's>>>Put them pain in the arse in laws in a motel<<<<Or man up on the deal<<<Ya come all this way and to have something like this kick you in the nutz is unaceptable>>>aint like its LEO<<<< in laws can be handled, shit>>>>no bubbles not troubles:giggle

gtd

D

Dmassive

What's up with all the posts about my in-laws, that's really not the advice I asked about. My relationship with the in-laws is a private matter and shame on you guys who just posted to rant about them. 100% not helpful.:swear

Thank you to the people who stayed on topic and gave what advice regarding finishing early that you could. I am taking the following steps via the responses I got.

1. Lowering my light time hours to 10 on, 14 off.
2. Lowering my temperature to 70 day, 65 night.
3. Giving them 2 days of darkness before I chop.
4. Already flushed and am giving them just water.

I could really care less about yield. I still have more smoke than I could get through from last run. I am more just trying to salvage what quality I can. I will post results once it's all dry and smokable.

Top Bottom