Have you checked your label lately?

• Thread starter Hashshashin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

Hashshashin

So have you?

One thing i find interesting is how far people will go to buy carbs or products for their plants just off some scientific sounding stuff with no info. Some think there that the weight has to be packed on from somewhere. In reality this has nothing to do with how carbs act on the plant. We actually use the sugars to stimulate the soil, which in turn stimulates the microlife which produces more available nutrients if the plants decides to use them. The plant may take up small amounts of exterior carbs but they produce it themselves for the most part. Thats what photosynthesis is.

I've seen member using GH's floralicious and i feel bad seeing that they spent money on that when theres better products to be had. Sugar is a great thing for the soil but doesnt necessarily help the plant like you would think. This is from the description at the GH website.
"FloraNectar contains all natural raw cane sugar, molasses, malt syrup, select plant based esters, L-amino acids, organic acids, polyflavonoids, vitamins and essential minerals"

Does this look familar to anyone? Well its not surprising that this blend of sugar sources. Molasses comes from raw sugar cane but is boiled down to produce the sweet syrup. As we all know molasses contains vitamins and minerals, which one reason we do use molasses. L amino acids are known for their metabolic actvity and work in the process of protein synthesis. Not only that but they help act as enzymes in chemical reactions.

If you've ever heard that soaking a rusty pipe in a solution of molasses water for removing steel you are absolutely correct. This is becaus molasses ability to chealte and break down the actual chemical bonds forming the rust. So now we know that molasses alone contains almost all the benefits listed.

Polyflavonioids and "natural plant based esters" are naturally produced in plants and can be described as the smells/aromas of plants. These are aromas that aid in how either bugs act/polinate and for stiumlation of the rhizosphere. They have antioxidants properties but really dont do much for our plants. MJ doest uptake smells otherwise you wouldnt catch me using fish like i do. I think this is just a fancy way of saying "we use natural products and maintain their natural smell" but can attract buyers who are unaware of they actually are.

There is nothing wrong with using a variety of sugars, just dont use excess doses it can be unbenficial after a certain point due to bacterial blooms. a healthy organic soil should contain all the necessary microbe food and can use a boost every now and than.

S

SkyHi

Whats your expert opinion on floralicous plus? i believe its AN and humics but i thinks it from loerdinite

M

Malachi

Whats your expert opinion on floralicous plus? i believe its AN and humics but i thinks it from loerdinite

Agreed, I think Floracious + is a good product to be introduced in your feeding program if it lacks humic acid. I don't know what the relationship between the floracious plus and the carbs you are mentioning is?

H

Hashshashin

I'm sorry it's actually floranectar i was talking about. Theres nothing wrong with leonardite and i use a soluble powder that in a minimum 85% humic acid. Floralicious plus is simply some a vegetable protein hydroslate, sea kelp, potassium sulphate and .02 Humic Acid. To me that sounds like a waste of money. Theres much better alternatives out there. If your looking for proteins get the real deal source of fish hydroslate unless your vegan of course.

Latest posts

Top Bottom