Having Issues...

• Thread starter Cjr22288
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cjr22288

Cjr22288

So, I'm new to the growing world, and I seem to be experiencing some sort of deficiency. I'm about two weeks into veg a this point, and over the past few days my plants have developed some brown spotting and pigment. also, they seem to be drooping. I'm growing hydroponic, and I currently have my two plants under a 4 by 4 T5 light and I'm using Flora nutrients, based off a schedule I received online. Room temp is around 70 degrees, give or take a degree or two, my water temp is around 69 degrees pH @ around 5.8 at all times. Any idea what this could be? Please help :)

Having issues
MW7945

MW7945

Are you using RO water? And are you using any form of Cal/Mag?

Cjr22288

Cjr22288

Are you using RO water? And are you using any form of Cal/Mag?
I'm not using any form of Cal/mag and I'm really new to this (been growing for two weeks now) so as far as "RO water" goes, I'm not sure. I use water from my faucet. It's well water.

MW7945

MW7945

My guess is one of two issues. If not a combination of both. You have too much chlorine. In which, if you're using faucet water is very possible. Let the water sit out for at least 24 hours before giving it to plants to remove/reduce chlorine. And, I'd be adding a Cal/Mag product. There's plenty out there. I use the general hydroponics CALiMAGic.

Since you're doing hydroponic I'd personally recommend something like Hydroguard too to prevent issues in the future with root problems.

MW7945

MW7945

Honestly though, it's really hard to dial in issues when you're using tap water. Any idea what the PPM of the tap water is?

Cjr22288

Cjr22288

Honestly though, it's really hard to dial in issues when you're using tap water. Any idea what the PPM of the tap water is?
Not sure. I have yet to get a ppm meter, but I can pick one up tomorrow, test and get back to you on that matter. In the mean time would you recommend getting buckets of water ready today and letting them sit out? Also adding the Cal/mag, what is the best pH to be sure that the roots are absorbing the calcium? Any info you could give me on this topic would be much appreciated!

MW7945

MW7945

Ahh, well water. Not city water. Got it. Well, odds are you issue is a lack of cal/mag. Definitely get a ppm meter though.

As far as pH, 5.8 should be fine still.

Cjr22288

Cjr22288

Ahh, well water. Not city water. Got it. Well, odds are you issue is a lack of cal/mag. Definitely get a ppm meter though.

As far as pH, 5.8 should be fine still.
Thamks, I'll give it a go, and post some progress pics soon.

Top Bottom