Having problems with butane leaving whipped BHO! need advice

• Thread starter subieslow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mikeb437

mikeb437

subie,, go to the processing section and look under oils. hasmasta -kush has the ultimate oil recipe and all the answers your looking for... try him.. heres the link to the post..

P

PureSugar

Subie-

It would help in trouble shooting if you would give some of the following details:

1. How big is the extraction tube? (Dimensions)

2. What is your extraction tube made out of?

3. Brand AND Size of butane
----------------------------------
5 Cans!!!!! Somethings not right...

Is the stuff you've been making popping and sizzling when you smoke it, or does it just taste bad?

takes at least 2 for anything to come out. Did a few runs each being 2 of the large jars full of buds packed in there trimmed via a coffee grinder so super fine. Not sure how much was in each one but a lot more than a zip.

greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter
Very good questions Puresugar

mikeb437

mikeb437

can someone give a step by step instruction on how to make butter or earwax? is it just a matter of heating and mixing till all the liquid goes out and it starts to dry up?

R

rockil

is it possible that you had a bad can of butane its possible there was allot of crap in it that got thru there system
Rockil

subieslow

subieslow

my tube is about 6 inches around, 2 feet long. Its pvc and has always been fine. I used vector, the normal size cans that come in 12 pak. It takes 2 cans before anything comes out.

Hey if you look at this thread, notice the picture after he stirs it in a dish and then its all in a shiny round ball in his hand, then the next pic dehydrated. thats why I need to do is that step. I have the shiny round ball consistency, but can't get it to stay in the other consistency, when I stir it it changes but then turns back.

my pictures of my bho suck, and 1 of my dish is a yellow dish, its a lot lighter than what everyone thinks.

hope to get it going guys! woot!

subieslow

subieslow

So I've had my 1 dish in on top the house furnace, not nearly as hot as a coffee warmer or using the top of the space heater. It's just really warm instead of hot. 3 days later there are a bunch of bubbles in the middle.......

this is over a month later. this shows me there must still be butane in there,

crazy huh?

Did I just use wayyyyy to much butane?

R

Radio Flyer

Vector is expensive but worth the price. You get your moneys worth by spending a few extra bucks on a quality can of tane.

C

charasi

subie,

I would recommend acquiring a glass or stainless steel extraction tube. PVC can leach. A smaller size tube diameter is also recommended, about an inch is ideal. Also, you may want to extract smaller batches such as an ounce or two per extraction. You'll have more control over the quality of the oil and use less butane as well. Cheers!!

P

PureSugar

With the exception of grinding the bud this is pretty much the way I do BHO Budder.
[YOUTUBE]C4rh3TX14AY[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]zcaLGxk_m9c&NR=1[/YOUTUBE]

I

inovermyhead

Krunchbubble, what happened??

muhahahah, i get 24 cans for $90 out the door.......

Hey Bro, what happened over at ic? just got into your threads last week and poof ??? You were nothing but helpful hope you come back.

Fuzzdog

Fuzzdog

Subie, after all this time and all the technique's you've put on it, In my humble opinion, your oil product, to start with, prior to any whipping, was not of the best quality for whipping.
Reading your first posts, you mention that you gassed off some of the butane by the normal method, (double boiler technique with warm water). But did you complete the gas off process? You do not mention this. I have no problem whipping oil up. But I will say that it is totally processed to completion. Totally gassed off and left in dish for two or three days, before being scraped up, and whipped. I know some, that whip straight out their drip/drying dish.. I prefer to use a clean dish in a shape more conducive to whipping oil.
Bro, my humble opinion............... cut the stress..... I'd just wipe that oil you have on a few Bambu's and puff it. When you get more oil, start anew on your oil whipping journey.
Bro.... Keep trying it'll happen.....

C

captainhits

Brother...a few things:
1) Shiny unbuttered goo (sometimes called shatter or glass) has no relation to butane being present.

2) Butane evaporates at room temperature. This happens rapidly, within a few minutes. After you take and put it over a double boiler for a few minutes all the bubbles will be gone and the butane is GONE. All the talk about butane being left is mostly hype and misunderstood. As long as you do the basic purge for a few minutes its all gone.

3) The tube you're describing sounds like it holds 2 ounces. That requires (2) 12 ounce cans of butane. 5 cans is basically obsurd overkill and certain to alter the flavor of the final product.

Top Bottom