R

RMCG

HB 1250: Edible Cannabis Medicines to Be Outlawed in Colorado
HB 1250: Edible Cannabis Medicines to Be Outlawed in Colorado

House Bill 11-1250 Introduced

{Denver} -- House Bill 11-1250 was introduced on Wed., Feb. 9, 2011. This

bill will outlaw all medicinal cannabis edible products in the state,

overturning the licensing scheme for Infused Products Manufacturers that

was created by the state legislature last year.

The bill is sponsored by Rep. Cindy Acree (R-Arapahoe and Elbert Counties)

and Sen. Scott Renfroe (R-Weld County). Co-sponsors of the bill include

Reps. Balmer, Conti, Joshi, Ramirez, and Scott and Senators Harvey, King

K., and Lambert.

This bill has been assigned to the HOUSE JUDICIARY COMMITTEE. This

committee is MEETING TODAY at 1:30pm at the state Capitol to discuss a

different medical marijuana bill (HB 1043, the "cleanup bill" that further

erodes the rights of caregivers and patients in the state.).

PLEASE SHOW UP AT THE CAPITOL TODAY AT 1:30pm in the OLD SUPREME COURT

CHAMBERS on the second floor. If you weren't planning on coming to testify

on HB-1043, please come to voice your concern about the prohibition of

edible cannabis foods in Colorado.

Our patients depend on edible cannabis medicines as one of the most

important ways to ingest and benefit from cannabis. The therapeutic value

of consumed cannabis medicinals cannot be understated. This is another

direct attack on patient rights.

At the last big hearing on attacks on patient rights, only a handful of

people showed up to testify and very few of the businesses that are

directly affected. Can we change this apathy on the part of the industry?

Can we pack a hearing room once again, as we did when medical marijuana was

a civil rights movement and not just an "industry"? Let's try today!!!!

SPREAD THE WORD: 1:30pm today!!!

Thurs., Feb. 10, 2011

House Judiciary Committee

Hearing on HB 11-1043

Old Supreme Court Chambers

State Capitol Building

200 E. Colfax, Denver, CO 80201

Remember, this is a hearing on HB 11-1043, but this is the same committee

that will eventually hear HB 1250, so let's take this opportunity to

introduce ourselves to them and educate them.

SAVE CANNABIS EDIBLES!!!

BRING FRIENDS!!!!

LISTEN ONLINE

You listen online to the Old Supreme Court Chambers.

http://www.coloradochannel.net/

Click here to read more about HB 1043:

Go to the state legislature's page to read the bills:

Please copy and repost this announcement.

---

Provided as a Public Service by the:

Cannabis Therapy Institute

P.O. Box 19084, Boulder, CO 80308

Phone: 877-420-4205

Web: www.cannabistherapyinstitute.com

Email: [email protected]

To post a reply, you may visit the site at

Have a nice day!

Melizzard

Melizzard

I swear, I just can't stand all this any more!!!!! What in the ever-lovin' FUCK??????? We had an amendment to the Constitution and now the politicians are dicking with our rights at every turn ... since A20 IS a constitutional right, how in God's name can they legally take it away from us? I mean, honestly ... we come here and bitch, but I'm talking about what can we really do? God only knows we don't all like to smoke!

B

Buddy Flowers

Melizzard- it's an unstable time. batten the hatches and hunker down!

G

ganjherbsmoke

wait wtf? where is the evidence or anything for that matter stating edibles have ill effects or anything negative at all?

R

RMCG

I have a lung cancer patient and one with lung infection issues. Both REQUIRE edibles. I give them trim so they can make their own, but damn.

If this passes, are they going to compensate the hundreds of businesses that will go out of business?

Melizzard

Melizzard

Well, if we all just hunker down, by the time the air is safe to breathe, we might all be outlaws again. If we just hunker down, the politicians will just have their way and stuff us back down in the hole again.

B

Buddy Flowers

you get my drift and it's NOT backing down, it's doing your own thing. I've been here since 98, way before the gov't was issuing cards. things were going juuuuust fine

Melizzard

Melizzard

I have a lung cancer patient and one with lung infection issues. Both REQUIRE edibles. I give them trim so they can make their own, but damn.

If this passes, are they going to compensate the hundreds of businesses that will go out of business?

Yeah, and I use PTO for cancer ... certainly can't smoke enough of it to kick this shit to the curb. There are an infinite amount of reasons why they should NEVER mess with any sort of ingestible ... I don't care for edibles cuz they all have sugar, but for those who don't like oils ... can't exactly be smoking out in public either, but if you need relief, you need relief. That's where those edibles come in ... and longer lasting too. God what is this all coming to? Should I just hightail it back to, God forbid, Cali???? JEEZ!

You move to a place you adore, have spent the most amount of time in your adult life, and try to call it home ... then it goes and gets all hostile on you!

Melizzard

Melizzard

Yeah, and I wouldn't back down either .... it's just that my DH and I 'try' to keep things on the up and up, but hey ... don't mess with my survival! LOL

M

mendel

Maybe its time to declare ourselves 'healed' and send our paperwork back to the state.

B

Buddy Flowers

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to mendel again.

sky high

sky high

the problem, once again, stems completely from the "Centers" and 1284. These folks took serious liberties (aka "loopholes" that now resemble your asshole) with amendment 20 that required further regulation...thus...OPENING THE DOOR for the politicians to move to dismantle even the most basic rights given us under A20.

The patients need to call their Reps and Senators and try to get an ear in an attempt to protect their basic rights....but in the end it may be too late and the good gig WE HAD before all the opportunists surfaced may very well be gone very soon.

Bastards. (and not just the State, blame is far and wide here)

wot a mess...

s h

Green Mopho

Green Mopho

Although I agree with you sky high, thats only half the problem. We all need to be back in activist mode. I know some folks up in Lyons going through this in their back yard. A group of about 20 people that are all church goers that represent less than 1% of the community are making noise trying to ban centers and caregivers. About 90% of the town is against them and supports cannabis in general, but good luck getting most of those folks to show up at the meetings, or to make a big noise. It only takes 1% of the community that are usually christian conservatives to make a big noise and legislation gets pushed in their favor, mostly because of group think and ignorance.

If we really represent the majority, we have to make it known.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
does this mean patients can not make edibles for themselves or that they cant be sold?

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

It means the state is trying to remove edible variances from dr recs. No more edible weed, no more plant variances on your card. It's 6 plants per patient and that's it, and that's what the state is shooting for. All of the plant count variances are trying to be illegitimized. The gov't never does anything directly, it's a back door way to screw your plant variances.

And maybe some lady who illegally sold weed cheesecake in the red rocks parking lot for a decade isn't the best representative for edible rights.

mr. bojangles

mr. bojangles

Although I agree with you sky high, thats only half the problem. We all need to be back in activist mode. I know some folks up in Lyons going through this in their back yard. A group of about 20 people that are all church goers that represent less than 1% of the community are making noise trying to ban centers and caregivers. About 90% of the town is against them and supports cannabis in general, but good luck getting most of those folks to show up at the meetings, or to make a big noise. It only takes 1% of the community that are usually christian conservatives to make a big noise and legislation gets pushed in their favor, mostly because of group think and ignorance.

If we really represent the majority, we have to make it known.

As of late, the ban idea has been taken off the table. Now the focus is on putting together regs. Main problem is signage, soccer moms don't want to explain what "GOT BUD" means to their 5 year old. Fair enough, not how I would raise a child, but to each their own.

I really love my town, when faced with a problem we band together and get shit done. Whether it's someones pipes are busted, or shoveling snow, or helping a friend with alcoholism by offering support and free meds. Or whether it's standing up and protecting the jobs of our friends and neighbors, we fight.
Those pricks down the hill didn't stand a chance at the last meeting. They got hit with so many facts, and all they had was the same old lies. When Sam told those people " I wake up everyday and grow as much pot as i possibly can, and theirs nothing you can do about it" I almost died laughing. Thats right folks, it's your friendly neighborhood drug dealer. Pieces of shit.

We all have a responsibility to defend our rights. send emails, letters, phone calls, or better yet pay those pricks a visit in person. from town councils all the way up, this fight is just heating up. :harvest:

K

kuz

Just ban edibles? Why? Fear of variable dose or what? Fear of people providing their own medicine. A product not made in the lab of a billion dollar corporation.

Its so easy for these people to disregard the quality of life of the patients that are using edibles, its scary. I dont think its going anywhere, as skeptical of politicians as I am, there cant be too many that are this pathetic.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
It means the state is trying to remove edible variances from dr recs. No more edible weed, no more plant variances on your card. It's 6 plants per patient and that's it, and that's what the state is shooting for. All of the plant count variances are trying to be illegitimized. The gov't never does anything directly, it's a back door way to screw your plant variances.

And maybe some lady who illegally sold weed cheesecake in the red rocks parking lot for a decade isn't the best representative for edible rights.

ahhh now I see the light - makes sense now

Top Bottom