Hb 15 - 1267 (medical Usage On Probation And Parole)

• Thread starter ubi
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

narleyharley

No bbefore she got her red card, she said to her PO , you know there's a bI'll 1267 out there right now, and I want to stop my meds and smoke. Her PO said the bill wasn't thru yet and don't expect it to, the next week it passed and she got her red card.

I know her PO just doesn't want her to relapse again, when she drinks she gets..... She acts like an emo child. It's ridiculous. But I do know her PO just wants to help her And her doctor is open to the idea of it and wants to see how it works instead of the 9 meds they tried to put her on. Some buklshit. Fucking big pharma. Anyways,

Your right about the drug testing agency. Privatized probation is horrible, just as bad as privatized jail. If not worse, at least probation clients have the false pretense that they are (somewhat) free. But yeah, intervention has flagged her for cok. 2x in the past 4 months and I know she didn't do any, cuz the Colorado coke sucks and after you have my Florida shiz you don't go back. way off topic. Uhm, yeah, she ain't stressing, and by getting her card she gave me 12 plants and is able to claim living with me instead of lying to her PO where she's been staying the past few months.

Well, im crossing my fingers the law is written and the Po is not a judge nor a doctor of law so hoepfulmy they won't be able to implemenT. Some bullshit rules. Pray for my girlfriend, cuz if her trifling ass can do it. So can you. best of luck homies.

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

narleyharley-
localgrowguy- mind altering huh. so if you have a medical conditon your not allow to use your med's. That PO is ridiculous. Even if its not related to charge. wow.
Things may have changed, and I won't go into much detail, but there was a drug charge. If you aren't familiar, when you are put on probation, you are assigned a probation officer. Some jurisdictions use their own employees and/or have their own supervision, others farm them out to compliance organizations like the National Institute for Change. Please don't generalize my post, I was referring to a specific example, which was the fact that the probation officer decided to recommend treatment for drugs, alcohol, and cognitive therapy or relapse prevention or whatever label they call the racket. I was ordered to do alcohol abuse classes, substance abuse counseling, therapy, and monitored sobriety. I had already quit drinking so that was a non-issue, other than it gave them an additional layer of oversight and profit. I am not speaking of any medical condition, I am only speaking to what may or may not be allowed to be consumed while on probation. I would like to clarify that I am not speaking about prescriptions for health conditions, I am speaking about booze and marijuana consumption while on probation. I went back to taking Rx to treat symptoms, and was told I could not possess more than a 30 day supply of any medication. I think that was BS, but I didn't argue. It was pretty ridiculous sitting in a room as a red card patient with younger people who were in trouble for something that was legal for me. I probably needed math class more than therapy.

You do realize that probation is not designed to treat addiction, it is a for-profit industry that depends on recidivism and keeping people 'in the system', right?
No bbefore she got her red card, she said to her PO , you know there's a bI'll 1267 out there right now, and I want to stop my meds and smoke. Her PO said the bill wasn't thru yet and don't expect it to, the next week it passed and she got her red card.

I know her PO just doesn't want her to relapse again, when she drinks she gets..... She acts like an emo child. It's ridiculous. But I do know her PO just wants to help her And her doctor is open to the idea of it and wants to see how it works instead of the 9 meds they tried to put her on. Some buklshit. Fucking big pharma. Anyways,

Your right about the drug testing agency. Privatized probation is horrible, just as bad as privatized jail. If not worse, at least probation clients have the false pretense that they are (somewhat) free. But yeah, intervention has flagged her for cok. 2x in the past 4 months and I know she didn't do any, cuz the Colorado coke sucks and after you have my Florida shiz you don't go back. way off topic. Uhm, yeah, she ain't stressing, and by getting her card she gave me 12 plants and is able to claim living with me instead of lying to her PO where she's been staying the past few months.

Well, im crossing my fingers the law is written and the Po is not a judge nor a doctor of law so hoepfulmy they won't be able to implemenT. Some bullshit rules. Pray for my girlfriend, cuz if her trifling ass can do it. So can you. best of luck homies.
I believe that MMJ helps fight symptoms of alcohol withdrawal, and I don't really view it as a cross-addiction despite what the courts say. I think the most important item is the sentencing sheet that shows her probation info. Mine specifically stated 'no mmj, no alcohol, no meds without current scripts' or something similar. If your girls' intake goes smoothly or she catches a good PO, she will be fine. It's the PO's with power issues who create the most problems for those who are in the system. For every nightmare PO like mine, there are ones who don't care who will pocket the cost of UA's and 'forget' to report missed tests and the like. No one's hands are clean with this screwed up 'justice' system.

N

narleyharley

I agree completely, I'm a heroin and benzodiazepine addict. But I've been cleaning for 20 months and only smoke ganja, and somehow I'm not dead with a needle in my arm, how everyone in the rooms and my substance abuse counselor told me I would if I smoked weed Again. Perspectives......

But yeah, probation is meant to keep people in the system and generate revenue. But she also got a dui after a DV charge and another assault on peace officer charge........ She spit in his eye and told him, enjoy the aids.

Ha. I thought it was funny in a seriously fucked up manner.

So she went through substance abuse, it says no substances other then prescribed medication but if its prescribed and if this bills now recognizes the prescription, the pretense of the mmj prescription is under the protection of the previous law declaring patients right to recieve prescriptions. So, if it's prescribed its already protected, I think the bill is just declaring its recognation of mmJ as a prescription drug.

On a side note she's seeing her PO tomorrow and I'll be posting on what happens with her.

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
I agree completely, I'm a heroin and benzodiazepine addict. But I've been cleaning for 20 months and only smoke ganja, and somehow I'm not dead with a needle in my arm, how everyone in the rooms and my substance abuse counselor told me I would if I smoked weed Again. Perspectives......

But yeah, probation is meant to keep people in the system and generate revenue. But she also got a dui after a DV charge and another assault on peace officer charge........ She spit in his eye and told him, enjoy the aids.

So she went through substance abuse, it says no substances other then prescribed medication but if its prescribed and if this bills now recognizes the prescription, the pretense of the mmj prescription is under the protection of the previous law declaring patients right to recieve prescriptions. So, if it's prescribed its already protected, I think the bill is just declaring its recognation of mmJ as a prescription drug.

On a side note she's seeing her PO tomorrow and I'll be posting on what happens with her.
Damn bro your girl has aids?!?:confused:

MrBelvedere

MrBelvedere

Maybe not worth the risk, but may be a good time to objectively test some pure CBD extracts. @420circuit do you know a way to remove all the minute thc from r4?. Hope all of you have good luck with your PO's.

N

narleyharley

Damn bro your girl has aids?!?:confused:
Lol no but she was drunk, spit in the med dudes face and said hope you enjoy the aids...... Shes clean though. Thank god she doesn't drink anymore that's all I gotta say.

And she's been trying the CBD patches and ssaid they work great for cramps. So give that to your ladys at home When her aunt is visiting

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

I apologize if this sounds like I am being a jerk arguing semantics, but do you understand that MMJ is not a prescribed medication? You pay a doctor to sign a form that says you may benefit from using marijuana medically. There is no prescription, no pad, no signature, no submission or discount to the insurance company to save your cost. You can call it a prescription, but your definition and your girls' PO's definition of 'prescribed medicine' are different. The entire 'you can't tell me what prescriptions to take and what not to, that's between my doctor and me' only applies to prescribed medicine, and marijuana is not. It's still Schedule 1, which means federal pound you in the ass prison.

A red card is not a prescription, and "it says no substances other then prescribed medication but if its prescribed" only show me that her PO is being shady. Her PO is not stupid and has no doubt come across this before. There are much more dangerous drugs prescribed and used by people who are on probation. The difference is that a lot of dangerous drugs are still legal, assuming you have a script.

I hear you on the benzo's. It's sadly unfunny how it's completely okay for probationers to take heavy narcotic opiates for pain relief, but sorry, no ganja. My PO openly said I can take whatever prescription drugs I want as long as I have a script. This is true, and I started taking legal narcotic pain relievers that fucked me up more than marijuana, but I couldn't do anything about it because my county does not recognize marijuana as a prescribed drug.

Which brings us back to the two main issues. You can not be on probation, consume marijuana, and then certify and sign that you are not breaking and local or federal laws. Marijuana is illegal at the federal level, so even in a situation that is legal in Colorado, you can still violate the terms of your probation. The fine print may have changed but I don't see anyone on the other side saying different. The other issue is a positive drug test for marijuana. While not illegal in Colorado, this is evidence and proof of consumption. My point is that any amount of marijuana can't be consumed legally while on probation in Colorado.

I would listen to your lawyer and not random's on the internet. You should realize that your girls probation officer is not there to help her get well, she's there to keep her in the system. It seems pretty clear to me that her PO is not interested in giving her a firm answer to the simple question of whether she can or can't medicate. It seems more likely that the longer the PO shuts her mouth, the more likely it is that there will be a dirty UA. Even with a perfectly reasonable explanation, a dirty UA is a dirty UA, red card or not. That really, really sucks that she got the assault on a peace officer charge. Hope she makes it through.

I don't think anyone has posted who was allowed, recently, to consume while on a related drug or alcohol charge. I'm not trying to start an argument I am just sharing my experience and the one thing I learned is to get that shit in writing. This hits a nerve for me because of a very similar thing happened to me, where I got verbal permission for something, and later that permission was forgotten. I took a recorder to my next meeting, and was informed that probationers are not allowed to transcribe or record any part of any meeting with their PO. I'm not even going to defend how fucked up that sounds, but what could I do, they are the ones with total control, which is what it's about. Control. and the benjamins.

N

narleyharley

I hear ya on the medication aspect, but she met her PO today and her PO said, hmm... I swe you've been coming up for pot.... I've looked into the bill but I haven't heard anything about it so idk if you should be smoking it, but if it says you can then you can." so idk, her PO was chill about it.

and you weren't being douchery, you were correcting me. Mm j isn't a prescription but idk in my view the bill is written as if it's a prescription drug. So who knows.

On the side note, I dropped my CBD seeds today.

MrBelvedere

MrBelvedere

yeah, bring the R4 rooted cutting to your PO and let just "see what happens" when she sees it. Ask if she would hit it with miracle gro or some earthworms? what is the worst that could happen?

N

narleyharley

She might want some.. who knows. It's Otto #1 actually.
And earthworms are always welcome in my garden.

ubi

ubi

So i had my PO meetin on the 10th.............
and
PO said and i quote
"I can't stop you from smoking, I will also make note of your medical card, maybe need to copy it later if need be."

I asked
"Is this a trick, so I am not going to get violated if I test postive?"

to which PO said
"No it's the law now, and its my job to uphold the laws to which they apply.":)

MrBelvedere

MrBelvedere

Good news, there are good people out there. For everybody sake be kind to your PO and they may be kind to you. I have had PO's from hell and my current one is super sweet just wanting to help people. :) smoke one for us Ubi! After a visit to CA I am sure there are no problems after thirty days as long as drinking hellla water before I see her. She is pretty too. Have faith in good people.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom