Head band

• Thread starter cheesyblues
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

cheesyblues

hi guys just a quick one about a a weed called head band. i found the weed in a grate place called the green place when i went in the owner mo showed me the head band i took a look and i was thinking ecsd then i smelled it agen escd so i asked what was it crossed with he said an LA CON cross so im thinking LA CON cross ECSD anyone no so anyway i smoked it and i must say it smelled a lot better than the taste ive been tryin to find out a bit about it and i found out in the usa they have had a strain call head band for a while now its the real diesel it was aparently created in 707 area code usa also • Original Diesel' (also known as Diesel #1, Headband, Daywrecker Diesel, Underdawg) came from a cross of '91 Chemdog x (Mass Super Skunk x Sensi's Northern Lights) done by a guy known as ‘weasel’. so what is the read head band ????????? and i hear DNA have just made new strain called head band dose anyone no anything about it ??????

E

edelephant

I use to get elbows of some dank labelled Headband. Always reminded me of Diesel, when I was in la in 07 I copped Headband from RDC or NNCC and it was labelled 707 Headband (Original Diesel), same dank diesel fuel smell, taste and appearance as those vac-sealed elbows of headband I was getting a year earlier. There is some story of why it got called Headband, I just can't remember.

DNA's strain, I have no idea about. Im sure one of them will chime in here soon enough.

S

SENSI ZYM

yeh was i niceish smoke i thougt rather the ecsd i think with a nice cure i just opened jar and it humms big time lol:rock

B

British_Hempire

You got the right story about how it came about mate, apparently it's a shorter, stockier diesel with more of a dank fuel taste than the ecsd, a few of my mates in the US tell me it's awesome. I think the Diesel Soma used to make NYCD was probably the Headband/Daywrecker/Original Diesel rather than ECSD. The cut is fairly widely held these days, certainly it can be obtained and sent over here.

From the Elite Clone List at icmag:

~Diesel, Original aka Headband aka Daywrecker~

-Lineage (if known): Chem/Dawg x (Mass Super Skunk x Sensi NL) *note - latest "headband" cut appears to be different than the OD.

-Vegative Growth: Very branchy, responds well to topping and is a vigorous plant overall.

-Stretch: Moderate, probably double.

-Flower Time: 70-75 Days

-Yeild: Above Average.

-Odor/Flavor: Straight chemical gasoline with deep sweet undertones. Taste is odd gasoline like which lasts long on the palette. 8.5/10.

-Potency/High: 8.8/10. Very potent hybrid high. Facial and body which is instant upon exhale. One of my favorite strains.

6103Original_Diesel_m_steelers_6.JPG

6103Original_Diesel_m_steelers_7.JPG

B

bannana man

i had some sour diesel x la con from dna is this what your talking abt is that what they named head band?your spot on abt the head band cut from the usa

B

British_Hempire

I hope they aren't gonna call the ecsd x la con 'Headband' as it will just confuse things. That LA x ecsd was very potent stuff tho, I liked it a lot.

H

hazyfontazy

. I think the Diesel Soma used to make NYCD was probably the Headband/Daywrecker/Original Diesel rather than ECSD.

some say theres no diesel in nycd thats its hawaiin x afghan ,,i'm sure thats what u said hempy,,

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
Hazy, I am sure the Hawaiian x Afghan is used in a few of Somas crosses. So prob a OD x HawAfghan

B

bannana man

nyc diesel is surpose to be sour diesel x afgan x hawian

not shore if it is that ,i had lavinder phenos from my seeds i bought years ago and also a lemon afgan pheno

he did use a bag seed found in sour diesl so could have been crossed with something else

C

cheesyblues

nanna no im not talking about the ecsd cross la that you gave me to try its a new strain in amsterdam at the mo think its dna's new strain but i dont think its the real head band i think they just made new strain and called it the same name as an old elite strain as its got usa genetics init :bandit

S

SENSI ZYM

nanna no im not talking about the ecsd cross la that you gave me to try its a new strain in amsterdam at the mo think its dna's new strain but i dont think its the real head band i think they just made new strain and called it the same name as an old elite strain as its got usa genetics init :bandit

yeh i wana run it to see whats shes like !!!!

B

British_Hempire

some say theres no diesel in nycd thats its hawaiin x afghan ,,i'm sure thats what u said hempy,,

Soma has always said that he grew out some seeds a Rasta with dreads down to the ground and who hailed for NYC gave him and said was from a bag of Diesel buds. He crossed this to the Shantibaba Afghan/Hawaiian male he used to make a few of his lines and that was how he made NYCD, I think the initial release was the F1 and that he later did a BX to the Diesel. I think Sim's pheno comes from the inital release and is an Afghan/Hawaiian pheno as it looks like an Afghan dom and it's predominantly fruity with a diesel undertone, the Afghan/Hawaiian being the source of the intense fruitiness.

The reason why I say I think it is more likely that the 'Diesel' Soma used was Original Diesel/Diesel #1/Daywrecker/Headband rather than ECSD is that the OD/D#1/BW/HB is a more indica looking plant and it makes sense when you look at NYCD to think it's based on that rather than the big, stretchy, sativa leaning ECSD.

I'm speculating, but you have a look at Sim's NYCD and see what you think, looks too indica to be an ECSD hybrid to me, makes more sense for it to be an indica Diesel x Afghan Hawaiian.

We might get a clue when folks grow out the PA x ECSD, if those turn out like NYCD then that would suggest I'm wrong and crossing ECSD to an Afghan does indeed produce something like NYCD in structure.

That's been happening for a long time, stick a US elite name on another of their gravy train of polyhybrids and make the moolah. Then again, DNA might have taken the Headband cut and crossed it to one of their males, making it a Headband cross, if so, surely it is best to call it what it is rather than say it's just Headband, but perhaps that doesn't sell as many seeds?

Look at it this way, suppose some big name rapper name checks some obscure US Elite cut like Shoreline or Elvis in a song and that song becomes a big hit, you bet your ass that half the coffeeshops in the Dam and half the seed companies are soon selling Shoreline or Elvis, and it will be the same deal - they have just tacked that name onto the same old shit or maybe a slight remixing of the same old shit into yet another blah hybrid.

Right now you can buy Trainwreck and Cheese seeds that only have their name in common with the original cuts, made Arjan a load of money. There are loads of folks who wanna be rich and famous like Arjan so you betcha they will adopt his tactics and attach high value names to low value crap in fancy packets.

C

CobbCreekBob

Got some nycd f2's from Soma made by Foe week or so from chop, all I can smell is grapefruits, but on the early smoke tests, it leaves a sour citrus aftertaste, so I like the sour D x somas affie/Haw idea. So far not impressed with buzz, long lasting, but lite, electric, but lite. Plants look dandy though.

T

thc4sim

That ecsd x LA con you gave us for a joint or 2 an month or ago was the bollox mate,
who you get that off nana man?? fuckin deadly shit real nice..

see ya later cheesy!

B

British_Hempire

I'll second the thumbs up on the la x ecsd, I remember a drive down to hazyland where we chonged one of those joints of it and got very smashed, I also remember we both had that 'headband' feeling where it feels like something is pushing on your forehead and temples, but I've had that with many potent strains, the Actual Sativa I grew last year was like putting your head in a vice when the high first came on.

M

Married2Mary

Premium Member
Supporter
BH.. I've got 5 ECSD/PA in vegg now and they're looking good.. When they get bigger I'll post some pics.. Looking very indica..

O

OGKushhead

Ok well I'm only going off the Co-op. But HCR in the SFV is the King of the 707 Headband. I'm growing her now and shes a beaut. As for the cross. This is what they say. 707 Headband is OG Kush X Sour Diesel. These guys are reputable so I trust them.

www.707headband.com

Headband 32 days flower
http://i124.invalid.com/albums/p18/masterkushner/DSCN0877.jpg

707 Headband
http://i124.invalid.com/albums/p18/masterkushner/headband_bottle.jpg

http://i124.invalid.com/albums/p18/masterkushner/headband_nug.jpg

Peace

B

British_Hempire

BH.. I've got 5 ECSD/PA in vegg now and they're looking good.. When they get bigger I'll post some pics.. Looking very indica..

Wicked mate, look forward to seeing em. Quite a few people have popped some of those beans, looking forward to seeing how they turn out, there should be purple phenos as there were in the PA x Thai and PA x Mexi, I have a PA x OG Kush in flower now that is a very Kush dom pheno, the Thai all leaned to the Thai side, same with the Mexi so it seems the Afghan doesn't dominate but does pass on the colour. NSG reported his PA x ECSD smelled dieselly in veg so fingers crossed for a nice diesel pheno with some colour.

N

n0dn4rb

lookin for some of the Headband myself......very nice gear indeed...

J

julsbagell

Premium Member
Supporter
headband is 91 chemxmass ss x sensi northern lights good shit 4sure I think BH allready posted that Picked up a cut like six months ago still havent flowered her lol.

Latest posts

Top Bottom