Health and Happiness

• Thread starter chickenman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Thought Id start a thread about obtaining a healthy happy lifestyle. Its up to you to find the path to both.
My rule, one of them....When collecting eggs off the nest If I witness a hen in the act of laying i will immeditaly crack that egg open and eat it warm and raw. Incredable flavor, tastes walnuty eggy, cant get any fresher. Tank and Peaches, our pups have never had commercial dog food. They get get raw grass fed beef mixed with Sojos complete brand dog food mix all sorts of fruits and Veggies from our garden. They get a banana in the morning with breakfast and a few eggs, they eat them shell and all daily, must be careful however, too many eggs and its fart fart fart....We also value raw milk and cheese so much we have dairy goats who supply us with incredable milk that even folks who say they dont like goat milk taste ours and they cant believe how good it is. Way cool to get our milk from someone who loves you and you love and take good care of them instead of going to store shelf and buying dead food on a shelf from some poor over worked cow... Been 3 years since my last cold, caught one recently, but feel great most all the time. Also make incredable ice cream with raw Jersey cream, chocolate banana, awesome....

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
44440 317697671672244 1385178827 n

Nice to love what you do...

sky high

sky high

LOL....I have a hard time choking down an egg when it's cooked... can't even imagine one raw my friend. You definitely have a wider palate/etc than I'll ever have....even if (when) we move "to the farm". :D (where all we are planning to farm is pot, veggies, and privacy)

so...did ya get any snow outta this thing?

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
LOL....I have a hard time choking down an egg when it's cooked... can't even imagine one raw my friend. You definitely have a wider palate/etc than I'll ever have....even if (when) we move "to the farm". :D (where all we are planning to farm is pot, veggies, and privacy)

so...did ya get any snow outta this thing?
Bout 2 inches, banana belt...
I admit the texture is kinda funky but the flavor is
royal....

dirk d

dirk d

I don't understand why diet is not important to every person. This morning as i was getting gas i noticed the girl in front of me buying a square cake thingy and a huge 6" cinnamon roll and a diet coke??? who thinks this is a good idea for breakfast?? and then we wonder why we are so obese and unhealthy??

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
I don't understand why diet is not important to every person. This morning as i was getting gas i noticed the girl in front of me buying a square cake thingy and a huge 6" cinnamon roll and a diet coke??? who thinks this is a good idea for breakfast?? and then we wonder why we are so obese and unhealthy??
the best part is the logic that she is balancing the sugar cake and cin roll with diet coke, it's fukn comedy! We wonder why this country is the way it is...just look at the decision making of the average person. Maybe she thinks she is in too much of a hurry to eat as many americans seem to think but I'm sure if they monitored their time they would find they're wasting enough time throughout the day to make sure they could eat properly.

Or she really likes that for breakfast :D

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
the best part is the logic that she is balancing the sugar cake and cin roll with diet coke, it's fukn comedy! We wonder why this country is the way it is...just look at the decision making of the average person. Maybe she thinks she is in too much of a hurry to eat as many americans seem to think but I'm sure if they monitored their time they would find they're wasting enough time throughout the day to make sure they could eat properly.

Or she really likes that for breakfast :D
i was cutting up a apple for a snack last night...i got it all ready to eat with my yogurt lol...and spilt my apples on the floor ...i was furious and fed the apples to the dogs..talk about deccesion making...i didnt even try again..just went and loaded another bowl

squiggly

squiggly

View attachment 276846
Nice to love what you do...

I think this is cool.

But hey, I work with my head, hands, and heart--and I'm a scientist :)

As for the thread:

I've always tried to stay active both physically and mentally. I think everyone is aware of the former, but I think that the latter escapes a lot of people.

When I say keep yourself mentally fit I don't mean you need to learn stuff, I don't mean it in a pedantic way (this is what it means for me, but that is me)--just that you need to challenge your brain sometimes too. It really is very much akin to a muscle in that if it is not flexed it will become weak.

I, for one, believe the health of the body is first predicated on the health of the mind. Even though we think of the brain as a "thought" center--thought is not all that it controls. It controls all of it folks. From your sweat to your digestion to your nether regions.

Think of an old man/woman who has lost the will to live--they quickly die (lifelong partners who die months--even weeks--apart, happens all the time). There was a huge epidemic in overcrowded orphanages in days past of a syndrome called "failure to thrive" syndrome. It turns out the cause: a lack of attention.

The children were nourished, but left bereft of mental stimulation--even as infants--they quickly succumbed to death. The simple addition of mobiles and toys reduced mortality rates 50% in some orphanages, even as they remained grossly overcrowded and understaffed.

Work those brain muscles out, whatever that means for you!

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter

Really suprizes me that folks survive on the crap they eat everyday. Also suprizing how most just dont care or care to know.
My lifestyle revolves around producing, preparing,consuming real food.Food, Its not just something to eat its fuel to nourish and thrive. How can one thrive on food like substances that are so preserved, processed, modified, chemicaly flavored, frutcose corn syrup sweetened, no way near anything real...
Its really cheaper in the long run to eat real food. Pay more now, live longer, feel better eat food that actualy tastes good as food should not artifical like most crap in stores....
Get baked...

K

kuz

Is that prime rib from one of your rancher friends?

I been trying the paleo diet for a couple of months, more like a paleo zone diet. Really dont think grains are all that bad but its just too easy to get most of your calories from them. Seems to me we are shifting in the right direction though, more and more people starting to get back to minimal processed food.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Is that prime rib from one of your rancher friends?

I been trying the paleo diet for a couple of months, more like a paleo zone diet. Really dont think grains are all that bad but its just too easy to get most of your calories from them. Seems to me we are shifting in the right direction though, more and more people starting to get back to minimal processed food.
Yes, we trade his beef for our farms chicken feed, chicken, eggs, cheeses, garden veggies, its win win for both.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Huffin some Blue Dream outdoor, that cured up real nice, pretty stoney as well. tastes like candy.
If the dube tastes good all the way to the end indicates a good cure and grow... Will work on something healthy to eat and have both health and happiness......CM...

A

Angus

I start my day off with bulletproof coffee.
it's
4 cups single source organic coffee
2-3 tablespoons kerry gold grass fed butter
2 tablespoons cold pressed coconut oil

google Dave Asprey for all the info on healthy fats and benefits of coconut oil.
He's a really intelligent dude that breaks up alot of myths about diet and nutrients.
He did a two hour podcast with Joe Rogan and it's up on youtube mind blowing stuff.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
I start my day off with bulletproof coffee.
it's
4 cups single source organic coffee
2-3 tablespoons kerry gold grass fed butter
2 tablespoons cold pressed coconut oil

google Dave Asprey for all the info on healthy fats and benefits of coconut oil.
He's a really intelligent dude that breaks up alot of myths about diet and nutrients.
He did a two hour podcast with Joe Rogan and it's up on youtube mind blowing stuff.

I have been cooking with coconut oil this week for the 1st time..love it!

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
^^^ hmnn thats a LOT of butter n coconut oil.....ya got me thinkin....he he he............but dont that much butter n oil give ya the shits in the coffee?
just an observation with your listening recommendations on that thread and your post here; but you should change your name to assman like on seinfield episode with the license plates...:D
Don't take that the wrong way..just couldn't resist, rofl

Latest posts

Top Bottom