Heat shields

• Thread starter ukcheesehead
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
U

ukcheesehead

any one useing one? how much lower can u have the refector when useing one? do they realy stop the heat spots and spread the light better ?thanks

The Heat Shields have been designed specifically for horizontal lamps to shield the plants from the hot spot that can often be created below the mounted lamp. Hot spots can cause undesirable stem elongation that leads to uneven growth. The Heat Shield will also help diffuse the light helping spread the light more evenly across the whole growing area. Great for grow rooms with limited height. The Heat Shield easily attaches to your lamp holder

S

Stackin Paper

yer thats what u get for leaving school at 14 lol

com on some 1 must use heat shelds

Yeah i got kicked outta school at 14 too but my ol' man was always shit hot at spelling and maths and i guess it just rubbed off. After getting kicked out it took them about 6 months to get private tuition for me, that was only 2 days per week at some room rented in some posh church.

F

FastForward

I;'ve not got one on the adjust-a-wing but was thinking about it - but although I read they spread the light, it looks to me like it blocks direct light... not convinced so far...

U

ukcheesehead

I;'ve not got one on the adjust-a-wing but was thinking about it - but although I read they spread the light, it looks to me like it blocks direct light... not convinced so far...

i was thinking that but the right up in soft secrets last yr explaned it all . it stops heat spots under the bulb and spreads more light over the rest of the growroom . for a more even canopy

T

thc4sim

I use one, but fuck knows if it works, lol!! im currently using one..

i just read the gumpf on a write up and was convinsed,
lol, i thought it would block light but it does not seem to!

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
Yeah I use them.

Mainly to help with light radiance, rather than heat discipation. It does help with the hot spots massivly.

IMO, if growing sativas in small spaces where height is an issue, they are a must.

T

tuffgong69

yeah i agree with herbalizor..used one for couple years now..the one in the pick is for a 250watt,mines a 6oowatt bulb and shield is longer..deffo work,can get the lights as near as 8inch or so from the tops as opposed to 12 -16..supposed to promote more even canopy..mine cost me about 10 quid,treat yourself,peace.tg

S

Stackin Paper

Dug it out for ya bro, thought it was gonna be a nightmare to find but found it straight away.

U

ukcheesehead

Dug it out for ya bro, thought it was gonna be a nightmare to find but found it straight away.

sound

last night i moved the clip on fan and got it blowing on the 400w bulb also lowered the refector its 12" from the tallest cola now . .. i kept a eye on the heat in the tent all night and it didnt go over 28.2c

Top Bottom