Heat Stress? Nute Burn?

• Thread starter Odiesel
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Odiesel

Odiesel

Hey guys seeing the new growth on my autoflowers and its looking a bit sad. The temps are in the low 80s under a 600w HPS. My light is about 30 inches away feeding them brewed teas. Do you think i fed a little too heavy and this is response from my tea. Maybe the light was too close and that's why I'm going to attach a few photos

Heat stress nute burn
Heat stress nute burn 2
Heat stress nute burn 3
Heat stress nute burn 4
Heat stress nute burn 5
dire wolf

dire wolf

Hey odieseal , your plants looking pretty damn healthy , careful with heat / radiant heat from a high pressure sodium. Maybe raise up a bit more for relief if you are feeling a bit too hot....
Teas are usually gentle and it looks like your mixes havent caused any harm yet , maybe a bit dry ?

Do you have a fan / air cooled hood on the hps ?

Odiesel

Odiesel

hey @dire wolf unfortunately i do not have a cooled hood for the hps just the old fashion wing hood. I do have an inline exhaust fan running and fan for return intake. Do you think that those leaves are looking like heat stress at all? I know knew growth in this early flowering stage can come out very thin. It's just been 5 years since my last grow and I feel like its all so new again.

needshelpguy

needshelpguy

I'd back off a bit on the feed too when you've been feeding have you been feeding to run off

Odiesel

Odiesel

I'd back off a bit on the feed too when you've been feeding have you been feeding to run off
these pics are from a day after a bit of a heavier feeding. watered a bit with plain water today to flush out a bit

Last edited:
needshelpguy

needshelpguy

I'd say you need to flush them properly if you have a tds meter ppm test what you put in and what's coming out

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
these pics are from a day after a bit of a heavier feeding. watered a bit with plain water today to flush out a bit
I think it's a little water logged with the way the leaf has recurved and not watering till run off can cause water build up , do you have your pots up off the tent floor .

needshelpguy

needshelpguy

I agree with above definitely need to flush properly when they dry a bit in my opinion

Odiesel

Odiesel

I think it's a little water logged with the way the leaf has recurved and not watering till run off can cause water build up , do you have your pots up off the tent floor .
i do have them raised on these grated pot stands. would you recommend i flush them out now?

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
i do have them raised on these grated pot stands. would you recommend i flush them out now?
Yes flush till you have at least 10 percent run off as Needshelpguy said
Good luck mate .

Odiesel

Odiesel

oh man @needshelpguy i totally missed your suggestion to flush them. i also need to invest in a tds meter. are the cheap ones off amazon worth it?

needshelpguy

needshelpguy

Yeah I personally wouldnt buy an expensive one you can trust cheap ones upto 50ppm

Odiesel

Odiesel

Nice unsure what one I have but it was like 10-15$
I think mine was$ 7.50 I'm a cheap Irishman .....
i dug around a week or so ago and found my old one from years ago. battery was dead and i forgot about the meter since. Been running ok so far on feedings, but this is my first time using organics and i know it can take a bit longer for them to respond compared to salt based nutes. I think i just went a bit too heavy with the seabird guano and wormcastings the past 2 teas.
I also need to make sure im feeding to runoff. Still learning a lot these past few weeks being the first time in coco.

Top Bottom